3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Follow Trend Indicator to get BIG profits (EMA-13)

Started by Terliso, April 09, 2006, 12:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terliso


Terliso

Quote from: Terlisa on April 09, 2006, 12:26:07 AM
Force Index 13 Day EMA  This is an Oscillator that i'm using with EMA(13) .. It gives you the best signal to sell if you are LONG in the stock.

Its bearish divergence showed that bulls were growing weak and prices neared a top, in AGT's case there's lots of room for the price to grow. ;)

Chart AGT:

calven

Care to analyze TMTA using your method??? Would be much appreciated..  ;)

Thanks,
cal
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

cpezc

maybe this is an obvious point - I am no TA guru, but I learned the little I know from a few books, a bit of experience, and the etrade clearstation chart info section, and it seems relevant here.  Maybe it is common knowledge, I don't know, but whenever the 50 eMA crooses over the 13 EMA the price descends, and this is a great indicator of when to exit a trade (along with other factors maybe), but it ALWAYS works without exception. For instance, on bailing out of VRDM today I was having doubts as it dropped, then saw the long red candlesticks growing as then EMAs crossed,the drop accelerated and I was out at .1056 (in at .07 yesterday) and made a good profit. Good luck!

tokyopua

Terlisa,

I am reading Trading for a Living by Elder and I learned about 13 EMA and Force indicator from that, so have been following your posts recently a lot (as you know, thanks again for CGR  :D) ) since you are using both successfully.

I was also intersted in your ADX analysis back when you saw GIGM would likely fall and shorted (good move despite the flack you caught from some members, lol).  I havent been able to figure out how to get ADX analysis on stockcharts.com.  Do you need a membership for that?  Also, where did you learn about ADX?
Chance favors the prepared mind

tokyopua

#5
Quote from: calven on April 11, 2006, 08:49:47 PM
Care to analyze TMTA using your method??? Would be much appreciated..  ;)

Thanks,
cal

Calven,

I am new to TA, so this could be all wrong  :P, but I thought I would try my hand on this before Terlisa in order to get feedback about what things I did right and what I did wrong.  Otherwise how to learn other than just reading a book?

So here is the TMTA chart with Force and 13ema.  Its a daily chart and I couldnt fit the weekly chart, but the daily chart looks a little bearish on the 13ema, though its hard to say for sure due to the effect of today.  Looking at the weekly chart the 13 ema is still sloping up and starting to cross the 200dma which is more bullish long term.  I notice in the daily chart that the 13 ema has leveled out a few times recently then continued up, so that could happen again here and the flattening in the daily could be meaningless.

This isnt something that I read in a book, but I have notice that often while the 13ema is sloping up it provides support, but today the price of TMTA broke that support goign below the 13ema.  You can see on the chart how this works I think.  I posted an analysis of ATI recently where the 13 ema has been sloping up all year, and it provided support for the price in all but 7 days this year.

My take is that given what happened today in the markets you would hope for a bounce, but if that doesnt come tomorrow then its more confirmation of the 13 ema is flattening out and the Force Indicator could again cross the zero line (bad), so you might consider selling if other analysis you do also looks bad.  Again, newbie disclaimer here  ;) so take this with a big grain of salt, and I am open to critiques, especially from Terlisa.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Terliso

#6
Quote from: calven on April 11, 2006, 08:49:47 PM
Care to analyze TMTA using your method??? Would be much appreciated..  ;)

Thanks,
cal

On TMTA, I find bearish just by looking @ weekly MACD-Histogram, as Semi Index is in bearish mode... A single uptick on weekly MACD-Histogram is signaling that the rally is likely to continue, Vice-Versa...

Next support on TMTA @ $1.78

Terliso

Semiconductor Index $SOX

I'd like to see SOX touch 50 SMA Before I start looking semi stocks ;)