3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GSHF

Started by eliteG, April 10, 2006, 11:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

Profile: http://www.greenshift.com/whoweare.php?mode=1
GreenShift Corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: GSHF) is a publicly traded business development company whose mission is to develop and support clean technologies and companies that facilitate the efficient use of natural resources and catalyze transformational environmental gains.

The Story

-The market is going crazy for alternative energy plays(specifically ethanol).. and GSHF delivers by the companies it owns.  GSHF owns majority positions in INSQ(+114.29% today), VRDM(+94.71% today) and more...

GreenShift's portfolio includes operating companies with combined annualized revenues of about $30 million and exclusive rights to over a dozen proprietary clean technologies.

Company    Nature of Business
» Enviro-Sciences Corporation    Environmental Engineering & Management Services
» Veridium Corporation(VRDM.ob)    Industrial Design & Technology Transfer Services
» INSEQ Corporation(INSQ.ob)    Manufacturing, Green Products & Recycling Services
» Mean Green BioFuels Corporation    BioFuels Production & Sales
» Sterling Planet, Inc.    Renewable Energy Sales
» TerraPass, Inc.    Renewable Energy Sales
» General Hydrogen, Inc.    Fuel Cell Technologies & Products
» General Ultrasonics Corporation    Clean Energy Technologies
» Aerogel Composites, Inc.    Clean Energy & Emissions Control Technologies
» Ovation Products Corporation    Water Purification Technologies & Products


-The price rise today came without news.  It also came on the first day of the week.  When a stock moves without news and early on in the week... it usually means that the move is more sustainable and could give us a huge price appreciation.  A technical analysis of this stock shows huge potential.

Technical Analysis

Longer-Term:


Shorter-Term:


Conclusion:  Remember this is a penny stock in a momentum move so it can be very risky.  We were considering a limit buy type order but this can very well just run away even with a gap.  A strong play on a Monday without news yet, with its subsidiaries running strong as well, with its industry group on a tear, with powerful technicals..with us not in it?  No way!    

We will buy GSHF @ market open.

Maestro


tokyopua

#2
In at .24 here, wishiing I had waited until now at .2 lol

Newbie question here, but when I view my intraday charts (using etrade pro) on some of the penny stocks, I will often get a big tail down that warps the scale such that I dont really get much detail out of looking at the intraday chart.  Anyone have the same problem, and if so is there a fix or workaround?  Here is a picture of what I am seeing now:
Chance favors the prepared mind

cdmartin

What's the commentary on the trading acton this morning?  Seems to have found support at 20ish but will be go higher than yesterday's close?  what's the moeny flow?  Anyone?  TIA!


cpezc

Not looking great today. Luckily I bought VRDM yesterday and now have sold it before the dump. Shame cos i like these. I remeber G recommended GSHF a while back and I had some then, but now I have to look at the VRDM action (phew!) and wait a bit. Good luck All!

DannyOhad

eliteG,

Did you enter GSHF?
In what price?

Thanks!

eggman11

It looks like it stabilized at about a 50% pullback from the big run up. Last year that actually had a net income of $1.1M which is about a penny a share, pretty good for a stock trading at .19. After reading the letter to shareholders I decided to add more shares at this level. I think we will breakout to new highs soon.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060308/20060308005616.html?.v=1

Good Luck to us all,

Egg

Maestro

Quote from: tokyopua on April 11, 2006, 09:58:08 AM...when I view my intraday charts (using etrade pro) on some of the penny stocks, I will often get a big tail down that warps the scale such that I dont really get much detail out of looking at the intraday chart.

That happens when a wrong price gets entered into the table of historical data. In the case of your graph, for GSHF 0.0235 was entered at 09:36 instead of what probably should have been 0.235. I see the same in my intraday chart on Ameritrade. I don't think there is anything we can do about it.

oicpecnoc

Woefully lacking timely information on this one to paying customers.  I am in at .20

One can only assume 3sof is in at the open of the market around .23, what is the trading plan other than buying?  Unknown.  Shouldn't be at this point, plain and simple. 

eliteG


We've bought GSHF as per plan.. it will be up on the portfolio.  As we always do we will talk about exit plans on the next update.  The plan for today was to get in this stock and its hanging around its support @ .20.  Market is down heavy.. so this is expected.

oicpecnoc

G,

Its the practice of posting the "in" price on a number of occasions quickly that leads people to wonder if you got in G. If the plan is all that is necessary, there would be no reason to have posted "in" prices quickly in the past.   I would also say that once a stock is down 16% of an entry price, it is never too soon to discuss the exit plan.  As it stands, if it went to .08 today it would be a hold, which would make no sense.  It would not be the first time a penny has went from 24 to 8 in 1 day.  I know my plan, but I do like to weigh my plan verses 3sof.  Certain stocks of high volatitlity ought to have the 3sof pain tolerance in advance, because they are more likely of a 50% loss in a day than big board stocks.  Just my opinion as always.


eliteG


The "in" price was a courtesy because our portfolio is always updated before end of day.  If the stock were to have a dramatic fall intra-day we may update our view but in all of 3SOF history we have always stuck to plan.  My plan on this one is to consider exit strategies after the bell today.

Michael

It is never a good experience to start a trade with 20% loss >:(

As usual we had a long talk yesterday after close about picking GSHF. This is an Ethanol play and this sector really has everything going for them. Refiners' are dropping the additive MTBE in favor of ethanol by May 5. The market is therefore experiencing a shortage of Ethanol with resulting price increases.

In addition the Bush administration is pushing for the use of E-85, which is gasoline mixed with 85 percent ethanol, and B-20, or 20 percent biodiesel blended fuel to reduce U.S. reliance on foreign oil imports.

I believe that the ethanol sector is a going to benefit from this fundamental change in the energy policy for years to come.

What makes GSHF stand out from other ethanol plays is two things: They are not directly involved in Ethanol production but rather supplying the equipment for the companies producing Ethanol and they are an investment company holding a number of different companies. Both these factors are reducing the risk compared to investing directly in one of the pure ethanol plays.

We could certainly have chosen a better entry point for GSHF but yesterday night buying at the open was the right decision and today's correction of the whole sector has not broken the strong upwards momentum for ethanol stocks.

This is a penny momentum play so I will wait for eliteG's update after close but I think it is too early to write this one off!
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

Amarens

I so agree!!!!

It's a bummer to start this way, but that's how it goes sometimes with pennies. Hope you guys give it some time. Made some great trades on pennies that were David's pick just by giving them a little more room  ::).

Amarens