3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Short Picks - Down to the Ground.

Started by eliteG, June 09, 2005, 12:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

I'm gonna try posting short picks in this thread.   >:D  Lets see how they pan out.  Feel free to add on, comment, question whatever  8) its all cool.

*note: 
my picks are completely technical chart based shorting, no news or story or earnings research, the only thing I watch is that <20% of float is shorted:
(http://www.shortpicks.com/short_interest_01.asp)
and the stock is not on hard to borrow list:
(http://www.shortpicks.com/hardtoborrow.asp)
*also I try to pick only NASDAQ stocks

Here we go.  Down to the ground.  >:D >:D >:D

eliteG

#1
ALGN - descending triangle


AussieTrader

I'll watch your short picks with interest. I'm not a great shorter and tend to leave that to the following times-  a) Full on BEAR situations or b) when you have ridden a super momo stock up, sell your long position then short (should the chart indicate it's turning over). Being able to short is a great asset to have in any traders skill set. By the way, I like the black charts, I guess as a reminder to yourself they are shorts?
Mike
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

eliteG

Aussie, I know you know your technicals.  Just look at some charts upside down and you're basically ready to short...lol.

Black charts for some variety...but thats a good idea.

eliteG

#4
CCBL - trendline break and like the action afterwards

AussieTrader

Just turning my monitors through 180 degrees.........Ahhhhhh that's better, Oh oh I need to short all my current long positions aaarrrgh ;D
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

eliteG

CHKP - rounded top

eliteG

ERES - lower high or head and 1 shoulder, and trendline break


Irishman

Elite-
I must say, I love this idea. Especially for those of us who are not as adept at chart reading as you and some of the other lads. FWIW I think this mini bull run is about to fizzle, and that's a great time to start shorting stocks that are overbought . I also believe that far too many traders neglect this aspect of trading , because our natural instincts are to want a stock to move UP rather than down. If this market does start to turn down, shorting is THE safest way to make money.  Looking forward to more!
The Irishman

eliteG

Hey Irishman  ;),

I'm glad you like the idea.  I will try to refine my methods as we go along and keep this up-to-date.

update:
ALGN - stopped out
the rest not fantastic but lets see what tomorrow brings...
I'll try to add more tonight. 8)

Pete

     eliteG,
This is a great idea, specially for those (like me) who are scared to short. Maybe because  I got burned more times than I care to remember. Will help me positively.
Applaud!!!

Thanks.
P

basanlas

eliteg

thanks for the help..this adds another dimension in my learning of the stock market. I wish I could of got in on your DSTI pick !! But I have to work..maybe you can start sending out text messages!! just kiddin Keep up the good work.

eliteG

Thanks for the support everybody  ;D.  I'll keep going until the shorting method works pretty smoothly...or I get smited into the ground  ;)

eliteG

DCGN - double top, negative divergence(price vs MACD)

eliteG

CMVT - support line break -> trace out right shoulder
** check out the negative divergence example...nice  :o