3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Selling Orders (5th Edition)

Started by Ramsburg, April 19, 2006, 08:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsburg

Stock Picking Contest (5th Edition - From 24/Apr/2006 to 29/May/2006)

- SELLING ORDERS -
To Submit your Selling Order, reply to this Topic following the Standard Layout:

1)   Selling Order
(Ticker & Name of the Company)


2)   Selling Reason
(a small text, featuring the reasons why you are selling your position)
.

-> Your selling order will be executed on the next opening price after the time stamp of your order
-> Note: No Limit Orders or Stop Orders are allowed.

Important: Do not use this thread to another purpose rather than submitting your selling order. For organizational purposes, any reply that is not a selling order will be deleted.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Mo~Money

I sold my Peru Copper Inc. (CUP) for over a 50% profit myself today so, I would like to go ahead and sell it hear as well plz.... 50% has been good enough to grab 1st place before so I am willing to chance it is this time around! I just think it may be getting into overbought territory here that's all.. :o  8)
Plan the trade! Trade the plan!

Mo~Money

How come its isnt showing that I sold at market open today??? Did I have to request the order in exact 1. 2. order or what? ???
Plan the trade! Trade the plan!

Lucas Scott

hey Mo - your post is ambiguous because you wrote it at 8 am the day before and said "I would like to go ahead and sell it here" which sounds like a request for an intraday sell order, which is not allowed. Why would you post a sell order for the next day when the current day had just begun? What if the stock had crashed to below your buy point before the next morning - would you still want the sell order to take effect? It doesn't make sense to post a sell order that early.

btw, if Rams lets you out at today's $5.45 open price, that will be a huge gift. The AMEX was totally hosed for the first hour of trading this morning and no retail CUP traders got out there or anywhere close. I had CUP in my portfolio and posted a sell order for $5.40 at the open which did not get taken. I changed my limit price to $5.25. While the stock printed prices in the low 5.30's several minutes after I placed my order, my order did not fill. It seems they weren't filling any retail orders. You can see on an intraday chart where the stock really and truly opened to the public by looking at the volume. CUP opened at about $5.00 give or take a nickel. 
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Ramsburg

#4
Quote from: Mo~Money on May 11, 2006, 05:18:34 PM
How come its isnt showing that I sold at market open today??? Did I have to request the order in exact 1. 2. order or what? ???

Hi Mo~Money,

First of all, congrats for your great pick ! ;)
Your order was executed today at the opening price (sorry about the delay on the posting).
The price we use is the open according to yahoo (our standard) which was $5.18.

regards !

Quote from: Lucas Scott on May 12, 2006, 12:45:01 AM
hey Mo - your post is ambiguous because you wrote it at 8 am the day before and said "I would like to go ahead and sell it here" which sounds like a request for an intraday sell order, which is not allowed. Why would you post a sell order for the next day when the current day had just begun?

Hi Lucas,

According to our rules, all selling requests are executed on the next opening price, except selling requests to limit prices, stops, etc that are not allowed. I don't have any objection on this selling request, and I don't think its ambiguous (Mo~Money requested the Sell 2 hours after the market opening on 10/May, the sell was executed on todays opening 11/May).

regards ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Mo~Money

#5
Thanks guys! ;)
I apologize if I was unclear and confused you guys, I should have said that I wish to sell at today's open. I had just assumed that it would be carried out this morning according to the rules.
-> "Your selling order will be executed on the next opening price after the time stamp of your order"
Yesterday I felt CUP had no reason, that I could see to be running up so much and so quickly on no news so it was time for me to take the money and run....  >:D
Good Luck to everyone still in and I think G's got me beat in the long run with GV but we'll see! ;)
Plan the trade! Trade the plan!

Lucas Scott

Fair enough :) Stockcharts has an erroneous open price (5.45). I'm sure they'll correct it soon as their policy is to match Yahoo Finance's quotes.  Nice trade Mo Money! 67% will be hard to beat.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

statement00

1) CERS Cerus Corp.

2) The stock jumped 12% yesterday after a mention on CNBC in relation to bird flu, and it is up a couple percent in premarket now. With the way this contest is going, I'll be happy to try to get out with a 10% gain.

statement00

Did you guys get my sell order yesterday? I posted it before the open. I believe CERS opened at 7.84 yesterday.

Ramsburg

Quote from: statement00 on May 26, 2006, 09:28:28 AM
Did you guys get my sell order yesterday? I posted it before the open. I believe CERS opened at 7.84 yesterday.

Hi Statement00,

I'm sorry for the delay, I've inserted your order but for some reason it didnt show up on the contest tables.
The trade is already inserted and showing up here:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/1000contest_results.php

The exit price was 7.85 (the open on 25-May according to yahoo finance)

best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account