3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GV

Started by eliteG, April 19, 2006, 11:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basanlas

Quote from: eliteG on May 09, 2006, 09:20:56 PM

update GV:


I am thinking GV is due for some kind of  news/pr release.

------
Position: bought GV @ 1.475 on 4/20/2006
Order: Hold
Exit: n/a
Target: n/a
------


G,

I think you were right. Just released record earnings. Hope to make some green!

beroznikmal

#76
wow ur like an oracle... f"ing A man.... talk about JIT....
oh wait... i loaded up today from the money i had left from my TMTA loss :'(
Good work......
>:D ;D

.
Quote from: basanlas on May 10, 2006, 06:23:39 PM
Quote from: eliteG on May 09, 2006, 09:20:56 PM

update GV:


I am thinking GV is due for some kind of  news/pr release.

------
Position: bought GV @ 1.475 on 4/20/2006
Order: Hold
Exit: n/a
Target: n/a
------


G,

I think you were right. Just released record earnings. Hope to make some green!
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

la-onda

awesome news out:
Goldfield Records Strong First Quarter Results
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 16:13 ET

MELBOURNE, Fla., May 10, 2006 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- The Goldfield Corporation (AMEX: GV), a leading provider of electrical construction services in the southeastern United States and a developer of condominiums, today announced, for three months ended March 31, 2006, the strongest operating results in many years:

* Revenue increased 70% to $14.0 million from $8.2 million in the like period of 2005.

* Operating income increased to $1.9 million from $0.2 million in the like period of 2005.

* Net income rose to $1.1 million ($.04 per share) from $0.1 million ($.01 per share) in the like period of 2005.

Commenting on the first quarter results, John H. Sottile, president of Goldfield, said, "Both our electrical construction and real estate development segments contributed to our strongest operating results in many years. In the electrical construction segment, revenue increased to $10.5 million from $7.1 million and operating income more than tripled to $1.8 million from $.6 million. In the real estate development segment, revenue increased to $3.5 million from $1.1 million and operating income almost tripled to $0.9 million from $0.3 million. Electrical construction results benefited from the efficiency of larger projects, and real estate development results benefited from the commencement of revenue recognition for the first phase of our new Pineapple House project."

Looking ahead in 2006, Mr. Sottile commented, "First quarter results get us off to a strong start. At March 31, our electrical construction backlog has increased nearly three-fold to $21.7 million from $7.7 million at the same point in 2005 and our real estate segment's backlog has increased to $12.7 million from $10.5 million at the same point last year. During the balance of 2006, it is currently estimated that substantially all of the electrical construction backlog and approximately 70% of the real estate segment backlog (approximately $9.0 million) will be recognized as revenue. Actual timing of revenue recognition may vary as the result of project delays and other factors."


&
AH action:

GOLDFIELD CP (RT-ECN)    
Symbol: GV
Last Trade: 2.53 May 10
After Hours Change: Up 0.28 (12.44%)
Today's Change: Up 0.26 (11.45%)
Bid:  2.50
Ask: 2.53


usedcasting

Positive outcome or not, I don't think I will trade amex again. Do not like earnings surprises.
Would a truly reputable company not give notice. GV reported it's prior quarter only a month and a half ago  :-\. Maybe I am fooling myself. Any opinions.

uc.
Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

gharknes

one think i do believe, nobody new what the figures would be prior to company release....I like that, very cleanly done

signpro


tokyopua

Quote from: signpro on May 11, 2006, 09:56:49 AM
Why no volume?  Anyone know?

I was just posting that as you were... it almost seems like it is halted, but I dont see news to that effect yet.
Chance favors the prepared mind

signpro

I read on yahoo that the AMEX is having problems.

usedcasting

Low volume. I think what we are seeing is a real fight between the bulls and the bears. The two sides are holding strong. Go bulls Go

uc.
Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

Maestro

Quote from: usedcasting on May 11, 2006, 10:18:34 AM
Low volume.

But a nice gap up that hopefully won't be closed today.

tokyopua

Quote from: signpro on May 11, 2006, 10:07:55 AM
I read on yahoo that the AMEX is having problems.

Ah, that makes the most sense, I saw some other stocks also behave a bit odd after GV, but it seems to be trading again now.  Go GV!!! >:D
Chance favors the prepared mind

hermanpu

i forgot to place a tight stop, i'm undisciplined. boo 15% gain gone

beroznikmal

market is down.. this should rally up as soon as we see green on the index....
booya... hold strong boys...
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

calguy

Too bad GV had to report great earnings on such a bad market day. Just can't predict the market sometimes.
I sold my entire position early on at 2.46 with the hopes of buying back in later at a lower price.
In fact, i've sold everything this morning and am sitting on cash waiting for the markets to turn.
Some are saying this could be the start of a major market correction. Could be time to think short.

Lucas Scott

I sold too. The White Candle Factory churned out a big Black candle today, which indicates there may be a defect in their production equipment. Either that or the scabs aren't doing as good a job as the regular employees.  I think they'll get the problem fixed, but GV could retrace to $2.00 in the meantime.

Quote from: calguy on May 11, 2006, 01:47:47 PM
Some are saying this could be the start of a major market correction. Could be time to think short.

Well, some people have been saying that every time the market corrects 1 - 2% over the last 4 years. If they are right for the first time in 100 predictions, I can't give them any credit.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.