3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Gap Fade: Tuesday 04/25/2006

Started by eliteG, April 25, 2006, 09:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

Lets see what the futures say:

08:31 am : S&P futures vs fair value: +2.1. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +6.0.  The market is sporting a bullish bias, underpinned by a batch of better than expected earnings news across a wide swath of industry groups.  Upside EPS surprises have been seen from the likes of AT&T (T), DuPont (DD), Chubb (CB), BJ Services (BJS), Whirlpool (WHR) and YUM! Brands (YUM) to name a few.

Big gap up.. lets see the stocks gapping:


eliteG

getting ready to short RNOW.. entering if it can break 17.84.. so far not showing enough weakness

eliteG


RNOW triggered short.. set a comfortable stop no higher than 18.32(just above high of day)

bocasva

are we still shooting for the yesterdays HOD?

eliteG


Quote from: bocasva on April 25, 2006, 10:24:49 AM
are we still shooting for the yesterdays HOD?

hmm that would be an incredible move down.. for now I would like to see how we act around 17.

This is what I see:


joet

Mornin G
Not in this one, but just an FYI i got out of my BLDP short this AM with only a .05 loss, i was sweatin' some  :) 
Do you ever hold shorts?  Yesterdys bobj seems to be on a down trend and spiked up on news this AM...  could be a good longer short??  Good luck on todays
cheers joe

Loffigus

Shorted this at 18.00, just before the spike to $18.15. 
What great timing I have.   ;)

Loffigus


eliteG

we got stopped out.. I'm trying again at these levels (18.40)

joet

I will be curious to see if this RNOW gap fills in the next 2 sessions??  Thoughts?
Cheers

joet

Buying seems to be drying up in the 18.30's wish that i did not have to go to work...  good luck stick it out i think that you will see 17.60 today, but not experienced enough to play with real money after my BLDP exp... good trading to all
Joe

Loffigus

I have horrible luck with day-trades.  I am always on the wrong side of them.  If I short, they spike up, if i am long, they spike down.  It virtually never fails.  Almost as though there is some kind of conspiracy against me.  Does anyone else seem to have super-natural bad luck with day-trades?

echo

I just shorted at 18.37, but its going higher  >:(
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

echo

And I just got stopped out at 18.52  >:( >:( >:(
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

eliteG


RNOW kicked my butt.. wonder how high this could go..