3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

DSTI

Started by David Randolph, June 09, 2005, 02:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Got the pick from the Stock Picking Board, eliteG gave it (but the responsability is all mine).

Looking for two more on that board !

cumulina

 ::)

Would you believe that I sold DSTI yesterday at $7.11? >:(

I have been holding it for months, and finally got fed up.

At least I got into something else that's moving upward: WFR.  ;D

I do believe that there are a lot of $ to be made in Alternative Energy.



Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

stocky

Applauded both you and eliteG. Whats the target in your mind for this?

David Randolph

cumulina, you got to learn something out of this: buyback a stock you've sold if you conclude that you were wrong about selling.

I should have said this immediately after your post but I hesitated. Look at what I've done with ECST: bought at $4.20 and sold with a 10% loss. Then the stock shot up again, and I bought it back at a much higher price, at $5.25. Now the stock is at $5.65 and rising ... I have an open profit of almost 8%.

I'm not saying for you to buy now that DSTI  is up 56%, but you should learn how to recognize mistakes and correct them promptly. That applies to when we buy and the stock goes down (mistake) or when we sell and the stock shots up (mistake). If we buy and the stock goes down we must sell to correct the mistake. If we sell and the stock goes up we must buy to correct that mistake.

But now forget about this stock, the market will always be there and oportunities like this show up almost every day ...  you take care cumulina  :-*

sailjero

good pick ,any body folowing GEOI ,ABLE and how high will dsti go ,and why did you pick that particular stock

David Randolph

#5
Our user members gave me dozens of picks to consider. I've analyzed about 40 of them. I choose this pick from eliteG because:

1) Volume above average
2) White candle (last price above the open price)
3) Bullish trend
4) Breakout to new 52 week highs

Please read this post: How to find stocks on fire

Thank you !

cumulina

Dear David.

Don't you think that I'm banging my head against the keyboard in frustration over having sold DSTI?

I'm learning, I'm learning! I promise! ;D

Untill DSTI presents itself a little lower, I'll hang on to the other good A/E shares I have.

ESLR and ENER are also worth looking at. (I'm keeping those!)

One I'm watching also is: SPIR - it have had some trouble, but seems to be getting back on track. Still low volume though.

Have a good evening.

Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

David Randolph

cumulina, I'm sorry if I'm a bit annoying, but I have to say this clearly:

Your mistake wasn't selling DSTI. Your mistake was not buying it back immediately when you perceived you were wrong about selling. I would have sold with you too. But I would have bought it back, altough at a much higher price (I know this is so hard, but it usually pays)

Specially psychologically it pays. Instead of banging your head against the keyboard you're in the stock hoping it will go higher ... and it usually does. You come out of this stronger than ever. Don't miss the next chance to do this, I know it is very hard, specially when you have a fundamental, not technical, background.

I've learned it from day trading the DAX futures. You can't imagine how a man must change perspective and fight to beat that game.

Considering DSTI, I'll sell at today's open. The stock rose 61% after passing through the former highs and enormous short covering hit the market. The news is out, I don't know if it will rise further but I'll take my profits today, DSTI is not a stock to move 61% in one day and continue that move, I believe.

Just let me thank again eliteG. This man caught the essential of the game of speculation. With the right diversification he will definitely prosper. Just beware of the common mistakes a man does, and watch their brothers, sisters and cousins ... they never tire and are always on the hunt for your money.

cumulina

No, you are not annoying  :-*

Good for you w. the fine profit on DSTI.

My hat off for eliteG!

It'll be fun to watch the action today.

I can promise you that I'm paying more attention to things now.... ;)

Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

eliteG

Thank you cumulina  ;)
Thanks David  ;)

Lets see what DSTI dishes out today...a gap down that recrosses the high would look very strong IMO.


David Randolph

Just one perfectionist call: a gap down only occurs when the open is below the previous day's low. You don't believe a gap down will occur in DSTI, do you? I guess you meant: «if the stock opens lower ...»

I agree with you, a lower open may set the stage for a advance to positive territory on the intraday, that's when I'll sell.

Good luck eliteG, and thanks !

eliteG

To me a gap down is simply when the price opens lower because a gap forms on most intraday charts...I have also begun calling it a gap down when it opens within the body on a day chart.

This is definately gonna be one to watch...I wonder how it will act on dips.

Rock and roll, Randolph  ;)

David Randolph


David Randolph

Damn it, looks like I sold too soon ... that's life.

Just putting today's trades on the homepage and I'll head to the beach with my kid, really don't like to be watching the intraday when I have such pleaseant alternatives  8)

See you later  :)

eliteG

wow she's still going..1/2 out @ 12.20...love trailing stops ;)

have a great day David...this was an excellent trade no matter how you look at it.  :)