3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

IMOS

Started by eliteG, May 05, 2006, 02:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

netfishmademerich

This one is getting scarry, although I don't think it will hit our sell line.

basonista

Quote from: netfishmademerich on May 12, 2006, 02:02:02 PM
This one is getting scarry, although I don't think it will hit our sell line.

I agree, netfish.  This has come down to close the gap and retest the breakout zone.  If IMOS is going to resume it's upward trend, now is the time....

la-onda

TA link:
http://www.stockta.com/cgi-bin/analysis.pl?symb=IMOS&num1=3&cobrand=windchart&mode=stock

please check company structure and intraday chart:

Melf Elf

Quote from: basonista on May 12, 2006, 02:22:48 PM
Quote from: netfishmademerich on May 12, 2006, 02:02:02 PM
This one is getting scarry, although I don't think it will hit our sell line.

I agree, netfish.  This has come down to close the gap and retest the breakout zone.  If IMOS is going to resume it's upward trend, now is the time....

No kidding!  That was more than a gap fill.  The strong close on a Bullish Doji Star Hammer looked good, though, especially with the general market looking so nasty into the close. 

nullzero

IMOS looks good going to aim to get in on monday.

Melf Elf

Quote from: nullzero on May 13, 2006, 01:02:10 AM
IMOS looks good going to aim to get in on monday.

nullzero,

If the two bullish breakouts in IMOS get taken down, I'd say that we could be in for a meaningful correction in the market.

Although IMOS closed very well on Friday, the general market didn't.  If we have more downside early next week, I don't want to get shaken out of IMOS if it goes down in sympathy, but I also don't want to get whacked if the market gets into trouble.

Below Friday's 7.26 low:

1. 7.186 is the 50DMA, as of Friday's close, rising less than half a penny per day.

2. On Monday, May 15, the up trendline off the Symmetrical Triangle (pattern in blue) comes in at 7.169.

3. After the April 27 Symmetrical Triangle breakout (pattern in blue), IMOS came back and successfully re-tested the breakout.  It tagged the top of the pattern just about exactly, at 7.13.  "Former resistance became support," as it should have.  Three days later, IMOS exploded to the upside on earnings.

I'll sit for the 7.18. and the 7.16...but, after those two beautiful breakouts, if last known support at 7.13 isn't support any longer, I'll sell.   

I'm going to use 7.12 as my stop.

Good luck if you get in it.  IMOS "should" go higher off that Bullish Doji Star Hammer, but it could falter on market weakness.  Hopefully, not below 7.13, or I'll need to ask Frederick for a face on the toolbar that curses vociferously.

;D  >:D


nullzero

#36
Yeah market has been very bad lately.... I wonder if the 3stocks team is looking at shorting more stocks. I know it has been talked about earlier. To add to that having a bunch of people cordinating shorting of overpriced or stocks not looking good has more gain potential I think then breakouts espically in markets like this.... Panic selling seems more common than massive buying because the way people react. Anyway enough of my rant  ::)

Melf Elf

Quote from: nullzero on May 13, 2006, 03:24:46 AM
Anyway enough of my rant  ::)

nullzero,

If tha-aat was a rant, I'm going to go and delete my post in the QQQQ folder, on Major World Indices Board, because that post went way-y-y beyond a rant!

;D  >:D

In my opinion, your concerns are warranted, and very well justifed.  Applause.

I'm looking this weekend at "quality stocks," like IMOS, and Michael's (Mike's) KOMG... Miguel's BRCM... Terliso's CTX and LEH (just two examples) ...my APPL trade (I have a gain in ½ a position, I'm a little bit under water on the other ½ postion).

These are "quality" stocks, but when the market tanks, it "throws the baby out with the bathwater," meaning that "quality" stocks go down, too.  "Generaly" speaking, they don't go down as much, but I'm not interested in "riding things down."  I don't like to suffer through stocks tanking, regardless of what "quality" stocks they might be.

Here's my QQQQ chart, posted in that folder on The World Market Indices Board., if you're interested in further long, boring, "rant," pain-in-the-butt analysis.

:D  >:D

And, BTW, it ticks me off more than a little that I got caught on my short in a "Bull Trap" on ESLR, above 15.79.  It's now at 12.47.

>:D  >:D  >:D

I'm definitely going to ask Frederick for a  face on the toolbar that curses inaudibly, so that no one's  sensitivites get offended.

Curses! Curses! Curses!


nullzero

Man Melf you seemed to have had bad luck with timming on ESLR... 1 week later 4/25 with the Gap up from factory news would of been the prime time to short. I think if I had a margin account back then would of possibly road ESLR down. After I sold on the 4/25 I could see where it was going to go. I orginally thought that ESLR would head back to the +17 range back on 4/19 with oil troubles and the summer coming near. I changed my view on it after the gap up being faded on the 4/25 with the factory online news. The sell off on earnings just confirmed that it was on a downtrend. Looking at the chart it seems to have a trend line heading down off the lows. Monday im looking to get positions in IMOS and CRUS... also looking to get in on a short position not sure yet on that target.... any thought Melf on a good short target?

DannyOhad


eliteG

Quote from: DannyOhad on May 15, 2006, 11:03:57 AM
Sold at 7.20  :'(

yes this play came at the most perfect wrong time... >:( .. this is what a steep market drop can do to any stock..

Melf Elf

Tough market these past few sessions.  That looked like a concerted effort to knock out the 7.20 stops on the volume spike at 10.49AM.

Quote from: Melf Elf on May 13, 2006, 02:56:02 AM

I'll sit for the 7.18. and the 7.16...but, after those two beautiful breakouts, if last known support at 7.13 isn't support any longer, I'll sell.   

I'm going to use 7.12 as my stop.

They got my stop 10 minutes later.  >:(

Long from 7.78.  Out at 7.12.  Loss: 9.3%

In hindsight, after my weekend post on the QQQQs, I probably just shoulda sold this at the 7.40 open.

Coulda...shoulda...woulda, though.  

I really thought IMOS had a good chance of holding up here, especially after Friday's nice candlestick.

Maestro

I got stopped out too, at 7.19. What a pity; we all had such high hopes on this one.

Oh well, there are other stocks in play and will no doubt make up for rcent losses.

nullzero

Im still in got in at 7.39 today, guess I bought to early. I should of counted on the 3stocks stops would be taken out and cause some downward pressure.

mexirafa

#44
Out as well.

The market condition just dosn't help at all. Some of my charts as of Friday's close looked bullish or at least with signs of life and today they are tanking as well.

I am getting spanked by Mother Market :'(, I guess she did not get my flowers yesterday!!. hehehe :D

it's all good though,
rafael
" It is  always profitable to study our own mistakes"