3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

G-TA: Tuesday 05/09/2006

Started by eliteG, May 09, 2006, 09:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

G-TA

Hours
Open: 10:30am
Close:  12:30pm

Week Ahead Outlook
Stock Group Lists

We run 2 portfolios in our premium service that are doing amazing!  Our members get the complete trade stategy and updates before we buy and sell.  Check out our free trial and let us show you what we can do!  Free Trial

The Futures -  09:00 am : S&P futures vs fair value: -1.0. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -1.2. Stage remains set for the indices to open with a sense of reserve as the stock market remains on Fed Watch, especially since incoming data are likely to require the Fed to raise rates more than one more time with or without a pause. Speaking of economic reports, the lack of any notable data this morning to set a more definitive tone to trading has left the door open for more consolidation in Treasuries following Friday's run-up, as the yield on the 10-yr note clawing back above 5.13% could stall recent momentum in Financials.
http://finance.yahoo.com/mo

Gap List:

eliteG

G-TA will be opened up shortly  ;).. a bit of a delay

In the meantime..

check out these 2 pennies from our 3SOF portfolio.. they look set to explode  8)

eliteG


trader567

Hi G!

Love 3sof now that you're playing a major role in it.  will be here for years to come.

how about Celadon Trucking (CLDN)?
a long-term hold of mine, done real well despite high fuel prices. recently did a 3 for 2 split when it hit $30 for the first time, and now they're doing it again only a few months later because it touched $30 again.  I think it may be a little much to split so often, and obviously there really isn't any net benefit to splitting.  Does it look ready to roll over?

Thanks
Steve

dcp303

hey g,

im currently holding txxne. I was wondering if its a good time to sell? The volume after this recent gap has been declining... i hear there are some rumors of a merger but all that aside technically is it good 2 sell right now or does it look like it could continue running in the near future? thnx

beroznikmal

G,
CVM, It is forming a falling wedge, if it breaksout on high volume i and buying, would you concur....

Thanks
B 8)
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

pompano

What up G.  Exceptional work lately.  Currently I have MNEAF which looks like its breaking out of its cup.  TREN I picked up yesterday when will this monster settle?  Thanks

mexirafa

Good morning G,

Finally I got into NTO when it 5.00, it is now trading at 6.21. I have a medium target of $7. This comany looks so strong that I might consider it for the longer term.  I think it could be toping its run  in a short term basis.The RSI is a little overheated and might retrace to the 5.50 area to form a new base. Any thoughts????


thanks  a lot for your input,
rafael ;)

" It is  always profitable to study our own mistakes"

alien41

Hello G,

I can't thank the 3 Stocks on Fire team enough.  My portfolio is looking great. ;D  Was wondering what your thoughts might be on AOB.  Earnings come out on Friday.  Like the fundamentals but it keeps hitting a wall around $6.00.  Thanks in advanced.

Alien

eliteG

Quote from: trader567 on May 09, 2006, 10:49:02 AM
Hi G!

Love 3sof now that you're playing a major role in it.  will be here for years to come.

how about Celadon Trucking (CLDN)?
a long-term hold of mine, done real well despite high fuel prices. recently did a 3 for 2 split when it hit $30 for the first time, and now they're doing it again only a few months later because it touched $30 again.  I think it may be a little much to split so often, and obviously there really isn't any net benefit to splitting.  Does it look ready to roll over?

Thanks
Steve

Hey Steve, thx a lot  8)

CLDN - nothing too negative about splitting either.. i see volume has decreased a bit which may mean that CLDN is ready to build a base.. but you cannot argue with this strong trend and the stock may continue higher on lesser volume(that is fine ;)).. just make sure you decide what your time-frame is and set your stop accordingly.. if you are not going to wait out any base building antics you will want a tighter stop.

Quote from: dcp303 on May 09, 2006, 10:49:24 AM
hey g,

im currently holding txxne. I was wondering if its a good time to sell? The volume after this recent gap has been declining... i hear there are some rumors of a merger but all that aside technically is it good 2 sell right now or does it look like it could continue running in the near future? thnx


TXXNE - consolidating now after recent run up.. could def break out higher but I would stop it @ .22.. volume is not exciting right now

Quote from: beroznikmal on May 09, 2006, 10:51:30 AM
G,
CVM, It is forming a falling wedge, if it breaksout on high volume i and buying, would you concur....

Thanks
B 8)

CVM - I concur.. good eye and thx for the tip  ;).. who knows the bird flu group may swing into action again and its good to have a play in the pocket

Quote from: pompano on May 09, 2006, 10:56:41 AM
What up G. Exceptional work lately. Currently I have MNEAF which looks like its breaking out of its cup. TREN I picked up yesterday when will this monster settle? Thanks

thx pomp  ;)

MNEAF - lookin good.. nice volume today.. buyable but might want to risk waiting it out so it can digest this new price level

TREN - ooh nice pickup..hmm where will it stop.. candle is nice and tall.. volume seems not too much.. $3 may be a natural settling point

Liquid Stick

CRAY – Not quite sure what to do here.  Bought 3 weeks ago this Friday at 1.74, do I sell and take profits now or hold for higher ground?  CRAY has that "Hoover" look to it.  A term I coined while studying previous price movements of other stocks that have a series of consecutive gap ups with closes higher than the previous days closing but all resolve as a daily doji/rickshawman.  But, based on the sentiment one may infer from the doji I'm confused but leaning towards the hold because of upward pressure.

LS
In the world, of gifts from god, I succumbed to mediocrite and settled for engineer.  When here is where I belong.

calven

Not sure if this was already asked or not - hold onto EZM or take profits here???
Thanks >:D
cal
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

nullzero

G, what you think about HOM, AUY, and TOMO

eliteG

Quote from: mexirafa on May 09, 2006, 10:59:49 AM
Good morning G,

Finally I got into NTO when it 5.00, it is now trading at 6.21. I have a medium target of $7. This comany looks so strong that I might consider it for the longer term.  I think it could be toping its run  in a short term basis.The RSI is a little overheated and might retrace to the 5.50 area to form a new base. Any thoughts????


thanks  a lot for your input,
rafael ;)



NTO - yes this stock is very strong and I am sad to have sold it.. volume is excellent.. never ever ever ever bring up an oscillator during a trend move.. they will always show over bought.. NTO is just pausing today.. a nice stop and no need to watch.. this stock looks headed much higher.

Quote from: alien41 on May 09, 2006, 11:02:20 AM
Hello G,

I can't thank the 3 Stocks on Fire team enough.  My portfolio is looking great. ;D  Was wondering what your thoughts might be on AOB.  Earnings come out on Friday.  Like the fundamentals but it keeps hitting a wall around $6.00.  Thanks in advanced.

Alien

Thats great Alien  ;D

AOB - came up in my scans yesterday and considered it.. I think it is going to do real well.. so dont be surprised if we pick it up.. but stop it 4.60-4.70 no need to let it wiggle too much  ;)

Quote from: Liquid Stick on May 09, 2006, 11:06:39 AM
CRAY – Not quite sure what to do here. Bought 3 weeks ago this Friday at 1.74, do I sell and take profits now or hold for higher ground? CRAY has that "Hoover" look to it. A term I coined while studying previous price movements of other stocks that have a series of consecutive gap ups with closes higher than the previous days closing but all resolve as a daily doji/rickshawman. But, based on the sentiment one may infer from the doji I'm confused but leaning towards the hold because of upward pressure.

LS


CRAY - moved nice from that inverse H&S and now pausing.. this $2 level may take a while to get through and the volume isn't amazing.. personally I would take profits and let it develop.. although I like the cluster of mvg avgs below.. perhaps demand performance by setting a tight stop.. hope that helps LS  ;)

Quote from: calven on May 09, 2006, 11:14:55 AM
Not sure if this was already asked or not - hold onto EZM or take profits here???
Thanks >:D
cal

EZM wow.. are we sad to have let this go!.. looks very strong.. might think about 1/2 sell(for peace of mind) but EZM looks great

eliteG

Quote from: nullzero on May 09, 2006, 11:16:27 AM
G, what you think about HOM, AUY, and TOMO

HOM - it may just never stop  :D.. great breakout from a tight consolidation
AUY - looks like it may be a breakout right now.. good volume.. gold may never stop as well
TOMO - big day coming up for chinese internets.. TOMO realeases earnings and so does SINA and probably a bunch of others.  So TOMO is just pausing waiting to breakout.. lets see what earnings brings us  >:D