3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

PLNI.PK

Started by rottenstock, June 09, 2005, 08:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rottenstock

I'm new on board.  I bought PLNI  a few weeks ago and added more when it went down.  It looks like a good company with a lot going on.  June 15 will be featured in a micro cap conference in NYC  with Tobin Smith as one of the moderators .  What do you think?  Worth adding more at this price (have 200,00 shares)?

talonz

Chart attached.

Tightening BB, MACD crossing over, price action confirmed today @ .015 now

talonz

#2
Correction: .016, its moving

fill_the_gap

I have been in and out of this one.  Seems fine long term with the concept.
Was hyped on many boards and shows.  Always leary of the hype.  But trading has been solid recently.  On my Watch list.  It has been mentioned on the board in the past.  You can read more by typing it in Search.

Question...

Is your screen name a reference from Napoleon Dynamite ?
If so, did you see the link of the kid at the Spelling Bee ?
Hilarious....Here it is.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/napoleondynamitespellingbee.html

Just one opinion, do the research

talonz

Yea, it's definately been hyped a bit, but I've done a lot of DD on this company and everything looks solid.  10k is coming out soon (so they say), and Semco acquisition is nearly complete.  The audit and acquisition results will be the turning point in this company's history.

And to answer your questions, nope, I have been using this screenname for more then 4 years now, but I get asked if chickens have large talons a lot  ;D

That spelling bee video is absolutely hilarious, I like how the announcer wonders if it's some sort of secret message.

fill_the_gap

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/050630/80901.html

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050617/175248.html?.v=1


« on: June 14, 2005, 09:32:52 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.amtdrt.inlumen.com/bin/story?StoryId=CqQ5wqbKbmty1yJmXmti

Below is from my past post.
Although HISC would not qualify as " On Fire " right now, it is difficult to find a better situation for an investment. 
Keep close on radar as they have stepped up the PR.
MRKL, PLNI, & GZFX will all do very well this year.
Just keep watching until the time is right.
==================================================

Although PLNI is not on Fire yet, it is only a matter of time, IMO.

Place PLNI on the watch list.  Volume was stronger yesterday.
It may drop from here so I am not recommending a strong buy yet.

Keep an eye on PLNI.   ;)  The product has potential and setting the stage for future movement to an exchange upgrade with a major partnership.
I see it building a base and will let you know when I make another buy.
Just one opinion, do the research

fill_the_gap

I think the company has " HISC " Potential.  Read...
Been following for months and Bought today.

Plasticon Announces: No Reverse Stock Split; Based on Potential Sales and Earnings, Plasticon Expects Number of Shares Issued and Outstanding Will Be in Line with Projected Growth, Therefore Eliminating the Need for Reverse Split

LEXINGTON, Ky., Jun 21, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Plasticon International Inc. (Pink Sheets - PLNI) today announced that there are no plans for a reverse stock split based on projected sales and earnings.
"A reverse stock split is absolutely off the table," said Jim Turek, President and CEO of Plasticon International, Inc. Mr. Turek added that should it be necessary to reduce the number of issued and outstanding shares, management is committed to both retiring its own personal shares and the company is committed to buying back shares as well.

"Our sales and earnings potential is the key driver for our company, and we expect an adequate number of shares as we move forward," Mr. Turek said. "The market potential for our three main product lines - rebar supports, transportation signage, and plastic lumber - is so enormous that a reverse stock split is not required. Rebar supports is a $25 billion per year industry. Transportation signage is a $20 billion industry in the U.S. alone. And plastic lumber sales, which have been rising at a rate of 40% per year, are increasingly gaining market share. We are strategically positioned to become the dominant force and to profit from our product innovations as recycled plastic continues to gain acceptance as the industry standard material for these applications. Increased government regulation, the skyrocketing price of steel, and Plasticon's cost-effective, superior products all combine to position Plasticon for continued profitability."

Plasticon International recently announced that as of the second quarter of 2005, the company is profitable. "This is really a thrilling time for us because the world is catching up to our vision. The assumption now is that companies should be environmentally-friendly. We've proven that not only is it the right thing to do, it's the profitable thing to do. We look forward to continuing to provide value to our customers, the public and our shareholders."

Mr. Turek emphasized that after years of laying the foundation of the company, through research and development, product innovations, patent approvals, and applying for and receiving DOT acceptance in all 50 states, Plasticon is now reaping the fruits of its labor. "I believe that the most important trait in business is persistence. With the help of our dedicated, distinguished management team, we built a great base and now we are ready to move into the next phase, which is our aggressive sales and marketing rollout. We are just beginning to see the impact of our exclusive contract with the largest building materials distribution company in the U.S. That contract now makes us the largest supplier of rebar supports in the country. We are also ramping up our global sales and marketing efforts and we certainly expect exponential growth with our major product lines in the near future."

For more information, please visit Plasticon International online at www.plasticonintl.com.

About Plasticon International, Inc.

Plasticon International (www.plasticonintl.com) designs, produces, and distributes high-quality concrete accessories, transportation signage, plastic lumber, and office supplies which are all produced from recycled and recyclable plastics. Plasticon is a leader, an innovator of cutting edge design, engineering, and production of industrial and commercial products. Plasticon is a green Company, environmentally-friendly, using recycled plastics to produce its line of products.

Just one opinion, do the research

fill_the_gap

I added more this morning.

Definitely a hold.  Bright future like HISC.  Will trade up and down but I expect a large breakout.

Do the DD on it before buying.

-Jeff-
Just one opinion, do the research

fill_the_gap

I have been following for some time.

Originally, thought it may be a pump and dump.

After review, I see an opportunity.

CEO great at marketing.  Orders and relationships can push this thing much higher.

Do the DD as every penny is high risk.

-Jeff-
Just one opinion, do the research

slomo007

I'm now watching it very closely and considering investing.  Seems strange that today's volume is coming in huge spurts with dead periods in between.  I see three huge spikes, perhaps very large orders?

mix_master_mike

I see a good six spikes ~400k+ shares (~$6000 each). It's not so odd for a PK. I'm watching, the chart looks alright, but nothing fantastic yet.
Mike
www.vafrous.com

fill_the_gap

Let me clarify.  I held HISC and began speaking about it when 1-2 cents.  Then 1000% plus.
Same stage here.  Keep a watch.  Not on Fire, but potential is the same, IMO.
Patience is key here.

News:

Plasticon Contracts For 10-Year Supply of Recycled Plastic Raw Materials, Enabling Major Increase in Rate of Projected Growth

By PrimeZone
Last Update: 7/21/2005 10:00:16 AM
Data provided by

LEXINGTON, Ky., Jul 21, 2005 (PRIMEZONE via COMTEX) -- Plasticon International Inc. (Pink Sheets:PLNI) today announced that the company has contracted with five new sources of recycled plastic resins. The new resin supply would provide enough recycled plastic resins to fulfill Plasticon's projected orders for the next 10 years.

"The sheer abundance of recycled plastic is one of the most attractive qualities of our sector," said Jim Turek, President and CEO of Plasticon International. "With five new sources of resins, which allow us to fulfill our orders over the next decade, we can now focus more on our sales and marketing efforts. We can also assure our distributor, which is the largest building materials distribution company in the United States, that we have enough raw materials to fulfill all of their orders."

Mr. Turek noted that the increase in recycled plastic resins was mainly due to recycled plastic from landfills. "Our suppliers are now looking at the plastic in landfills as a major source of resin. The nice thing about working in our sector is that there are POSITIVE side effects to our business, rather than the traditional negative side effects with many industrial businesses. We not only provide value to our customers and our shareholders. We also indirectly perform a public service by helping to recycle plastic materials that are found in landfills across the United States. Being environmentally-friendly is very important to us - we have been a green company since our founding. I think that people are finally beginning to understand that being environmentally-friendly is not only the right thing to do; it also makes good business sense because unlike many natural resources, the materials are incredibly abundant."
Just one opinion, do the research

slomo007

Quote from: mix_master_mike on July 21, 2005, 11:00:03 AM
I see a good six spikes ~400k+ shares (~$6000 each). It's not so odd for a PK. I'm watching, the chart looks alright, but nothing fantastic yet.

Strange, HarrisDirect only shows 3 spikes that high.  Oh well, not a huge deal I just thought it was strange....maybe it's HD's fault. 

mix_master_mike

fill_the_gap, your track record is VERY impressive. HISC was a great find, and even without doing any dd I've confidence in this pick. It will take a little more on the technical side for me to enter in (esp. b/c its a pink), but I've got it on my watch.

Best of luck!
Mike
www.vafrous.com

fill_the_gap

Thank you.

Will move quickly in the future, IMO.
I have to hold it in order to not miss the move.

Like the CEO, company and the strategic opportunities.

But trading will be up and down so be willing to wait or hold on.
Do not worry intraday. 

Just my opinion. 

-Jeff-
Just one opinion, do the research