3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Options Picking Board

Started by Leaira, May 14, 2006, 10:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leaira

I just wanted to suggest a new message board for this site, one for option picks.  I'm starting to get into option trading strategies, and people could use the board for posting their picks for options.  It could be used for both calls and puts.  It can be very difficult to make profits in a bear market from buying stocks, so a lot of traders buy puts on stocks that are turning bearish. 

I have some XMSR June $20 puts (bought May 5), and I'm up on them so far.

Leaira

beroznikmal

I second that.... very good idea :o
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

Ramsburg


Hum... I like that idea too ;)

Do we have more Option Pickers here or what ?
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

AussieTrader

Options are a worthy subject for their own board. I have traded options for several years.

It would be a nice addition and enable the sharing of educational and research information as well as investment ideas.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

cjm

Count me in. I mostly invest in LEAPS which takes a little longer to make money. For newcomers to options, I suggest buying options that are in the money of well established companies. There are many strategies when it comes to options play, but keep it simple. The profits can be enormous but at the same time very risky, this is why I stick with LEAPS.

A good place to find information is www.888options.com. Even though the name may initially appear to be some cheap infomercial, it is actually a site created by the options industry council to educate investors. Their customer service reps will answer your questions for free and they also hold free seminars around the country.


Lucas Scott

An Options board would be good.

Hi Ramsburg - while you're at it, you should consider removing/merging some boards. I've introduced some people to 3Stocks and the feedback I get from them is that so many message boards is daunting. I tell them to ignore the boards and just use the Unread Topics and Unread Replies links. But to simplify things, I recommend:

Remove
Money Market (Forex) - no posts in almost 2 months. Someone call time of death...

Merge
Long Term Picks - merge into Stock Picking
Knowledge Center - merge into Stock Market Talking
Members Corner - merge into The $1,000,000 board
Knowledge Center - merge into Technical Analysis
Strategic Orientation - also merge into Technical Analysis

Those last 3 merger candidates are Premium Service boards that I'm recommending be merged into the regular boards. Other than for the official 3Stocks picks, as a subscriber I don't feel like I need a board that isn't viewable to the non-paying members. Maybe that's just me. That's my .02
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Ramsburg

Thanks Lucas ;)

The fact is that I've been talking with G about some Board Merging and Acquisitions recently ;) and we'll be doing some changes soon (probably this week). You are right, we have some boards we really have to merge.

Regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Leaira

I have an even better idea!  What about starting a new premium board called "3 Options on Fire"?  On that board, the admins would announce what option they plan to buy, and how many contracts, etc. 

In addition to bulls buying calls, this would also give bears a good opportunity to use this site to profit from the downside of the market.  Since shorting stocks requires margin and a lot of capital, and involves infinite risk, buying puts would be a good way to get around those things.

Leaira

Charger

I am new to the board but would love to see an options board on here too :)

nullzero

options board sounds good, maybe combintion of option and short board.