3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

3SOF Portfolio (shorts pick)

Started by Terliso, May 15, 2006, 02:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terliso

I liquidated all my long position except my shorts ;)
We need shorts pick in the portfolio the market is getting ugly..

QQQQ just sliced the 50(SMA) (WEEKLY SCALE)

Terliso

I tried to short GIGM this morning unfortunately no shares are available in TDAmeritrade :(

Stocky2000

terlisa do you think Ntri would be a good short. I think it is going to close the gap.

Terliso

Quote from: ket1390 on May 15, 2006, 03:28:16 PM
terlisa do you think Ntri would be a good short. I think it is going to close the gap.

Ket,

NTRI looks like trying to close the GAP... just like TZOO, went up like a rocket and now dropping like a stone ;)

Stocky2000

ok terlisa...i think a close under 65 for ntri would be a good entry for a short

nullzero

I agree terliso, I shorted DHI today covered for over 2% gain. Im new to shorting so im still trying to time it better and find good entries and exits. Any good tips with shorting and stock picks would be great! Lets make some money  ;D

eliteG

Quote from: Terliso on May 15, 2006, 02:13:55 PM
I liquidated all my long position except my shorts ;)
We need shorts pick in the portfolio the market is getting ugly..

QQQQ just sliced the 50(SMA) (WEEKLY SCALE)

Yes definately a good idea Terliso.. but the timing may be a bit off.  The Nasdaq is showing support in this nice doji hammer at the 200ma.. so we may see a bounce this week.  If/When that turns over we will be cleared for shorting.. although some picks may work even now.  8)

Stocky2000


Terliso

Quote from: ket1390 on May 16, 2006, 12:00:35 PM
has someone shorting picks ?  ;D

I do,  I am currently shorts in NVAX, PHM, CTX only three that's all, no more longs ;)

nullzero

Shorting DHI want to get into CTX and PHM waiting for a pop to enter. Hombuilders are in the decline terliso has some good picks im just waiting to short those others higher. List of homebuilders also alot of them are mortage lenders... CTX, TOL, PHM, and DHI. Chances are you short all 4 of them at the pop ups you will get some nice returns.

echo

QuoteShorting DHI want to get into CTX and PHM


I'm also shorting DHI. And POWI and FITB too. Thanks Terliso(a) (which one is it?,make up your mind already  ;) ) for mentioning POWI and DHI. I am still long some stocks: ACTG,NMKT,HOM,AOB,ALTI,IGII
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

echo

Also considering shorting BRL.
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

Terliso

#12
Quote from: echo on May 16, 2006, 11:32:02 PM
Also considering shorting BRL.

I may pick one of these to short for tomorrow while they still trading above $5 bucks

CDE, BRCD

nullzero

Im thinking trying to decide a cover target on DHI. I might just ride it down with a updated stop loss. Looking at other potential shorts... would love some new picks to look at

Terliso

SIR plummeted less than 20 percent... it might break the all time support around $6