3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

3SOF Portfolio (shorts pick)

Started by Terliso, May 15, 2006, 02:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terliso

#15
Potential shorts:

CA, IOTN, CMS, URBN, SVM, PWAV, SAPE, PTEN

nullzero

I like CA, CMS, and PWAV.

I like CA chart new 52week lows. No support below and the short % of float is 2.67%, party looks like its just getting started. Bad fundamentals and bag holders look like there bailing out.

CMS looks good also... Whatever support there is in the 12.00s it looks like its going to breakdown. Fundamentals turned bad... Bad news as well with a nuke plant shutting down. Short intrest just increased shorts now at 7.76% of the float. Bag holders+increase of shorts=lower price ;P?

PWAV bad fundamentals no support below.... Looks like its going to break down big time.

I might choose one of those to short tomorrow im leaning toward PWAV or CA

Terliso

We need short for 3SOF portfolio..... market is declining ;)

nullzero

I think picking 2-3 Homebuilders, Lenders, Real Estate stocks to short cant go wrong. DHI, KBH, and LEN some more good ones. People will look at the charts see oversold but the future outlook looks grim on them.

Terliso

Quote from: nullzero on May 17, 2006, 02:39:13 PM
I think picking 2-3 Homebuilders, Lenders, Real Estate stocks to short cant go wrong. DHI, KBH, and LEN some more good ones. People will look at the charts see oversold but the future outlook looks grim on them.

Yup, good shorts ;)

rickjust

short hom 11.60
. gulp /..............i have only shorted a couple of times so it is a bit freaky.
but i suppose it is just a bull chart upside down.
stop loss 12.
10day ema is at 11.
buy to cover there if it works out.
glta,
maxi

nullzero

Rick did you cover on HOM? I wouldnt touch it if the market rebounds HOM can be up over 12. HOM is very risky shorting releasing a new contract PR for millions can cause a huge upswing. Its good swing trading buying low and selling high because it always seems to recover.

rickjust

hi,
no haven't covered yet . will cover at 11 or end of the day. just incase cramer mentions it tonight ;D
maxi

rickjust

hi,
got called to work so i covered at 11.38. like i said . ddn't want t leave it overnight.
glta
maxi

nullzero


echo

I've shorted DHI,POWi and FITB.

FITB might be more attractive (to short) because it just did start its dive while the others have been diving for a while. Good luck to all in this awful market.
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

Lucas Scott

GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

nullzero

Going to add FITB to my short watchlist looks good

echo

Here's an interesting article on DHI and other hoembuilders:

http://tinyurl.com/kv5yd
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

Lucas Scott

Blood is on the streets! I love it!!
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.