3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

3SOF Portfolio (shorts pick)

Started by Terliso, May 15, 2006, 02:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terliso

Quote from: Terliso on May 20, 2006, 01:25:26 AM
-- The Bull Measured move for GIGM has met, GIGM needs to retrace.
-- GIGM still a good short to own my estimated target would be about $7.90 to $7.50



Darn it!!.... I did not get the shares this should have been a good short in my portfolio
I tried to short it last week @ 10.42  :(

I don't understand why 3SOF does not have at least 1 short in the portfolio.
COMPQ penetrated the moving averages  50, 200(SMA) 200(EMA).

nullzero

I shorted GIGM friday at 9.55 avg. I covered at 8.90... unfortunately a little early :(.

beroznikmal

short picks for tomorrow is....

KKD
GROW
and gigm....

Wish me luck:P

cheers
B
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

echo

My shorts continue to do well. FITB,DHI,POWI are still in downtrends and my buy stops have not been hit


QuoteI don't understand why 3SOF does not have at least 1 short in the portfolio.


I agree Terliso, 3sof should have at least one short. They've done it before in  markets that didn't look quite as bad as this one does now.

Good luck to all.

There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

nullzero

Im in shorting DHI, FITB, and CA. So far so good :) I covered the GIGM short to early  :-\

mexirafa

Beroz,

I don't know if it is an important factor but check this out,

http://www.shortsqueeze.com/index.php?symbol=kkd&submit=Enter

I see the short float a high already. Just be careful in case of a sharp rebound to squeeze the shorts.
Good luck tomorrow,

rafael ;)
p.s. i might join you with GROW, hopefully it will bounce a bit to the upside so we can catch a nice entry.
" It is  always profitable to study our own mistakes"

AussieTrader

DHI a nice and steady short
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

nullzero

I agree with the price target it looks like a very easy reward for the risk :). Looking at the chart 15 seemed to be even in play but not if there was a worse case situation for DHI with huge earnings disapointments. I was planning to cover around 20-22 range. Will just update the stop on the way down :).

Lucas Scott

Quote from: Terliso on May 22, 2006, 12:57:17 PM
I don't understand why 3SOF does not have at least 1 short in the portfolio.
COMPQ penetrated the moving averages  50, 200(SMA) 200(EMA).

I guess they think the bottom is near. 3Stocks is buying IHR tomorrow and I think it would actually make a better short. Chart looks way extended.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

SmartWrasse

The velocity and magnitude of the downturn caught many by suprise.  Probably expected a bounce in past two days.

nullzero

Now is probley a good time to short DHI its at 27.41 atm near the HOD it gapped up on now news today.

bocasva

In-short with you guys on DHI at 27.18.....

mexirafa

I'd like to see DHI touch the trendline around 27.60 area, for a more powerful retracement. ;)
" It is  always profitable to study our own mistakes"

Terliso

While on the other thread has some serious discussion about their losses in this pure market massacre.....  ---->Lets look in the market for possible short play ;)

Quote from: Terliso on May 20, 2006, 12:24:31 AM
Quote from: tokyopua on May 19, 2006, 09:59:57 PM

So my question is, did anyone else slash and burn positions before the worst of the lows, and if so what made you see it coming? Or what things do others look for to spot peaks?

1) Price Divergence --- this indicates that the bullls are getting weaker ;)


Quote from: Terliso on May 20, 2006, 12:37:30 AM
The action in NASDAQ for today is just a minor bounce, we haven't seen the low yet ;)

Quote from: Terliso on May 20, 2006, 12:46:55 AM
NASDAQ broke the 50(SMA), 200(EMA) & 200(SMA) .... As said before NASDAQ is very weak :(

It may bounce again next week but the downtrend will continue I believe :(



Nasdaq closes @ low of day, very ugly... So put a tight stop on ur Longs for tomorrow & the rest of this week ;)

Terliso

Dow Jones