3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Wranglers Trading Zone

Started by wrangler, May 23, 2006, 10:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSully1

Hey Wrangler. I was just wondering what you think about this one for rebound potential. (technically speaking that is). Some big volume stepped in on the doji day Tuesday. Thinking bout buying some.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=CRDN&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p20423526586

wrangler

Quote from: BigSully1 on November 25, 2007, 09:18:30 PM
Hey Wrangler. I was just wondering what you think about this one for rebound potential. (technically speaking that is). Some big volume stepped in on the doji day Tuesday. Thinking bout buying some.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=CRDN&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p20423526586


Hi BigSully1
Change RSI to five and when it moves above the 30 that will be buy time. Other indicators I use is waiting for that to come into play for their signals to confirm it more,,all in all this is what I look for as potential plays to watch.
When I play these kind of plays because they are mostly bottom bouncers they will usually go up to 20 DMA then bounce back down if it should go above and stay look for it to challenge 32 DMA and bounce back down if it stays above then 50 day and so on but always look to sell at the main moving averages to take your profits.
This is JMO
Goodluck trading
wrangler

wrangler

Quote from: wrangler on November 23, 2007, 06:23:48 PM
Quote from: wrangler on November 21, 2007, 06:28:22 PM
Quote from: wrangler on November 20, 2007, 06:42:05 PM
Watchlist : These stocks are ready to make their next move either up or down. If they should begin their move up target price should be set at the 20 MA.,,JMO
I have no position in any of these. Only one so far has signaled the buy alert. I will tell which one.
If you play any of these stocks do it based upon your own DD. All my stock picks are" Just My Opinoin",,JMO

ADSX
INPC
SKNN
LSCC
CHTR
INPC
PEIX
BRLC
LIOX
AGIX
ENCY : buy alert was given on this one,,I have no position but I'm tracking to see if buy alert was right. I'm paper trading this one. Bought 1000 shares today @.70 target sell price will be when 20 MA gets hit with stop loss @.64 one point below todays low. This is paper trading only. Will be busy tomorrow but will post results each day till stop loss or target gets hit. 1000 shares @.70=700.00+7.00 comm.=707.00

Still holding ENCY,,up +0.06 for the day target is 20 day MA now stands @.94. This target can change each day. Reason for 20 day MA is the system I use when buy alert is given will usually bounce back down when 20 day MA gets hit.
Remember this is paper trading only.
1000 shares @.76 todays closing price = 760.00 gain of 60.00 so far. Not bad for first day.


Target 20 MA was hit today so starting Monday I'll start using 50% sell rule and continue each day till my stop is hit. Stop loss will now be .87 that is half way between todays trading.
1000 shares @.94 todays closing price  = 940.00 gain of 240.00 since 11-20-07 not bad so far. This might become a breakout to bad it's only paper trading,,I'm losing some good money here.

Todays trading plan is shown on chart att. I'm setting tight stop loss @.90 since 20 DMA is being tested
Remember this is only paper trading
I have no position
Never chase a stock,,Chances are when you chase a stock you'll buy it at the top only to watch it go back down,,,JMO
All stocks I post and give alerts on is "Just My Opinoin"
wrangler

wrangler

Quote from: wrangler on November 26, 2007, 07:33:24 AM
Quote from: wrangler on November 23, 2007, 06:23:48 PM
Quote from: wrangler on November 21, 2007, 06:28:22 PM
Quote from: wrangler on November 20, 2007, 06:42:05 PM
Watchlist : These stocks are ready to make their next move either up or down. If they should begin their move up target price should be set at the 20 MA.,,JMO
I have no position in any of these. Only one so far has signaled the buy alert. I will tell which one.
If you play any of these stocks do it based upon your own DD. All my stock picks are" Just My Opinoin",,JMO

ADSX
INPC
SKNN
LSCC
CHTR
INPC
PEIX
BRLC
LIOX
AGIX
ENCY : buy alert was given on this one,,I have no position but I'm tracking to see if buy alert was right. I'm paper trading this one. Bought 1000 shares today @.70 target sell price will be when 20 MA gets hit with stop loss @.64 one point below todays low. This is paper trading only. Will be busy tomorrow but will post results each day till stop loss or target gets hit. 1000 shares @.70=700.00+7.00 comm.=707.00

Still holding ENCY,,up +0.06 for the day target is 20 day MA now stands @.94. This target can change each day. Reason for 20 day MA is the system I use when buy alert is given will usually bounce back down when 20 day MA gets hit.
Remember this is paper trading only.
1000 shares @.76 todays closing price = 760.00 gain of 60.00 so far. Not bad for first day.


Target 20 MA was hit today so starting Monday I'll start using 50% sell rule and continue each day till my stop is hit. Stop loss will now be .87 that is half way between todays trading.
1000 shares @.94 todays closing price  = 940.00 gain of 240.00 since 11-20-07 not bad so far. This might become a breakout to bad it's only paper trading,,I'm losing some good money here.

Todays trading plan is shown on chart att. I'm setting tight stop loss @.90 since 20 DMA is being tested
Remember this is only paper trading
I have no position
Never chase a stock,,Chances are when you chase a stock you'll buy it at the top only to watch it go back down,,,JMO
All stocks I post and give alerts on is "Just My Opinoin"

Sold  @.99. Seems like resistance is being played here
wrangler

BigSully1

Quote from: wrangler on November 26, 2007, 07:01:12 AM
Quote from: BigSully1 on November 25, 2007, 09:18:30 PM
Hey Wrangler. I was just wondering what you think about this one for rebound potential. (technically speaking that is). Some big volume stepped in on the doji day Tuesday. Thinking bout buying some.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=CRDN&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p20423526586


Hi BigSully1
Change RSI to five and when it moves above the 30 that will be buy time. Other indicators I use is waiting for that to come into play for their signals to confirm it more,,all in all this is what I look for as potential plays to watch.
When I play these kind of plays because they are mostly bottom bouncers they will usually go up to 20 DMA then bounce back down if it should go above and stay look for it to challenge 32 DMA and bounce back down if it stays above then 50 day and so on but always look to sell at the main moving averages to take your profits.
This is JMO
Goodluck trading

Thanks much for the advice, Wrangler. I went ahead took a little risk and bought anyway. Company is having a CC tommorrow.

wrangler

Quote from: BigSully1 on November 26, 2007, 10:00:52 AM
Quote from: wrangler on November 26, 2007, 07:01:12 AM
Quote from: BigSully1 on November 25, 2007, 09:18:30 PM
Hey Wrangler. I was just wondering what you think about this one for rebound potential. (technically speaking that is). Some big volume stepped in on the doji day Tuesday. Thinking bout buying some.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=CRDN&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p20423526586


Hi BigSully1
Change RSI to five and when it moves above the 30 that will be buy time. Other indicators I use is waiting for that to come into play for their signals to confirm it more,,all in all this is what I look for as potential plays to watch.
When I play these kind of plays because they are mostly bottom bouncers they will usually go up to 20 DMA then bounce back down if it should go above and stay look for it to challenge 32 DMA and bounce back down if it stays above then 50 day and so on but always look to sell at the main moving averages to take your profits.
This is JMO
Goodluck trading

Thanks much for the advice, Wrangler. I went ahead took a little risk and bought anyway. Company is having a CC tommorrow.

Your welcome BigSully1
Looks to be doing OK today..Hope it works out in your favor
Goodluck trading
wrangler

wrangler

#261
Quote from: wrangler on November 26, 2007, 09:52:15 AM
Quote from: wrangler on November 26, 2007, 07:33:24 AM
Quote from: wrangler on November 23, 2007, 06:23:48 PM
Quote from: wrangler on November 21, 2007, 06:28:22 PM
Quote from: wrangler on November 20, 2007, 06:42:05 PM
Watchlist : These stocks are ready to make their next move either up or down. If they should begin their move up target price should be set at the 20 MA.,,JMO
I have no position in any of these. Only one so far has signaled the buy alert. I will tell which one.
If you play any of these stocks do it based upon your own DD. All my stock picks are" Just My Opinoin",,JMO

ADSX
INPC
SKNN
LSCC
CHTR
INPC
PEIX
BRLC
LIOX
AGIX
ENCY : buy alert was given on this one,,I have no position but I'm tracking to see if buy alert was right. I'm paper trading this one. Bought 1000 shares today @.70 target sell price will be when 20 MA gets hit with stop loss @.64 one point below todays low. This is paper trading only. Will be busy tomorrow but will post results each day till stop loss or target gets hit. 1000 shares @.70=700.00+7.00 comm.=707.00

Still holding ENCY,,up +0.06 for the day target is 20 day MA now stands @.94. This target can change each day. Reason for 20 day MA is the system I use when buy alert is given will usually bounce back down when 20 day MA gets hit.
Remember this is paper trading only.
1000 shares @.76 todays closing price = 760.00 gain of 60.00 so far. Not bad for first day.


Target 20 MA was hit today so starting Monday I'll start using 50% sell rule and continue each day till my stop is hit. Stop loss will now be .87 that is half way between todays trading.
1000 shares @.94 todays closing price  = 940.00 gain of 240.00 since 11-20-07 not bad so far. This might become a breakout to bad it's only paper trading,,I'm losing some good money here.

Todays trading plan is shown on chart att. I'm setting tight stop loss @.90 since 20 DMA is being tested
Remember this is only paper trading
I have no position
Never chase a stock,,Chances are when you chase a stock you'll buy it at the top only to watch it go back down,,,JMO
All stocks I post and give alerts on is "Just My Opinoin"

Sold  @.99. Seems like resistance is being played here

Thought maybe I sold this stock to early when I seen it go up to test 32 DMA but then it ended day as a Island Top which signals a reversal. Still happy with outcome of the trade.
This was only paper trading
wrangler

wrangler

Quote from: wrangler on November 24, 2007, 12:02:51 AM
Quote from: wrangler on November 22, 2007, 04:36:06 PM
Thought two stocks had given me the buy signal from list I had posted as a watchlist but after going over them again it was one from this list, other one wasn't on list and I'm keeping to just the list,,Don't want to overcrowd and get lost with the tracking and updating as I follow these.

LIOX : Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Gave buy signal Wed. Will paper trade this stock also and start the buy at closing price on Wed.
1000 shares @3.16 + 7.00 comm.= 3167.00,,Stop loss @ 2.94,,target price will be 20 MA when hit. This target can change daily Right now it is 3.76.
This is JMO only,,paper trading only.
If you decide to play this do it based upon your own DD
Goodluck trading

My second pick out of the list I'm paper trading did good today
Ended day @3.21 gain of 43.00,,not bad for so far,,target price is now 3.69 and setting stop loss @3.00 because volume wasn't as good as I was hoping.
Also three more stocks on list gave buy signal today,,two was strong and one weak. I'll be posting them this weekend.
Have a great weekend


Lost track of this stock,,That's what happens when you have to much going on,,Anyway this stock has been trading sideways since I firsted put alert out on it and its been holding support of 3.00 with resistance of 3.20 right now MACD is about to crossover with RSI 5 showing up and increased volume for last two trading days. With 3 differant indicators showing this kind of bounce getting close I'm leaning towards it happening this coming week. This was only paper trading.
JMO : on any alert I post : Anybody playing this stock should do it based on their own DD
wrangler

wrangler

Quote from: wrangler on November 25, 2007, 06:50:41 PM
Watchlist for 11-26-07 thru 11-30-07
I have no position for any of the following
If you play any of these do it based upon your own DD
ARGA
CEGE
NSTK
SMSI
SNMX
SPPI
SUPR
VSPC
AMCC
EGHT
ANPI
ARIA
ASYT
JMBA
DFC
Goodluck trading,,hope everybody makes some green this week

Updating the above list
ARGA : getting closer to the bounce could happen anytime
CEGE : Bounce happened and got .05 within target price with first red candle showing Friday giving sell alert.
NSTK : Since alert it has fallon from 4.00 to 3.80 but Fridays trading could be signal for the bounce,volume traded was 1.9 million the average 3 month volume is 549,000 thousand. Would be a good stock to watch for Monday.
SMSI : Buy alert was given on this stock Friday but I like to see more volume on day alert is given then previous days trading still would be a good one to watch.
SNMX : Strong buy alert given Friday
SPPI : This stock has went past target price since alert and is now setting above 20 MA it could now test 32 MA if any entered this stock now would be when you use tight stop loss to protect profits. Alert was given when price was 2.80 and it now stands @3.27 That's what I like to see on the bottom bounce plays I give alerts on.
VSPC : This stock since alert had fallon from .07 to .05 but Friday it jumped back up to .07 with good volume but because of the three day fall it lowered target price to .09. This stock could possibly test 32 MA on its upward bounce.
AMCC : Since alert it has almost reached target price with one red candle showing which would be sell alert but the next day it came back with black filled candle showing run might not be over yet.
EGHT : This stock is still trying to decide where it wants to go since alert. Need stronger buy alerts if I was to enter this stock.
ANPI : This stock had just hit target price Friday since alert but didn't go over it bounced back half way of the trading day. If next trading day was to show signs of a red candle I would sell to protect my profits or I would have probably sold it Friday when I seen it reteat off 20 MA.
ARIA : This stock has had one bad day since alert and my guess they was shaking out weak hands before move. Friday it gave back its ground and more with good volume. I think target price will be hit any day now.
ASYT : This stock is still deciding which way to go. I wouldn't enter this till stronger but signals came in.
JMBA : Since alert it has had  two days showing a red candle but last three trading days has given a small ascending triangle with buy signal given,,I wouldn't be surprised if bounce will happen this week.
DFC : Strong buy alert was given oh this one Friday the only problem I have with buy alerts is it need to show increased volume when given and this one doesn't show it. I need more volume coming in when I buy a stock after a buy alert is given. Would be a good to watch for volume
increasing making that buy alert stronger.

OK that's the end of updating these stocks I posted as a watchlist a few has done ok and some is still making their way to the buy alerts while a few is being stubborn.
Remember all stocks I post is " Just My Opinoin"
I have no position in any of these













wrangler

wrangler

Quote from: wrangler on November 20, 2007, 06:42:05 PM
Watchlist : These stocks are ready to make their next move either up or down. If they should begin their move up target price should be set at the 20 MA.,,JMO
I have no position in any of these. Only one so far has signaled the buy alert. I will tell which one.
If you play any of these stocks do it based upon your own DD. All my stock picks are" Just My Opinoin",,JMO

ADSX
INPC
SKNN
LSCC
CHTR
INPC
PEIX
BRLC
LIOX
AGIX
ENCY : buy alert was given on this one,,I have no position but I'm tracking to see if buy alert was right. I'm paper trading this one. Bought 1000 shares today @.70 target sell price will be when 20 MA gets hit with stop loss @.64 one point below todays low. This is paper trading only. Will be busy tomorrow but will post results each day till stop loss or target gets hit.

Updating list
ADSX : got within .02 of target price on friday. If I was holding this stock I would set tight stop loss and see if it might go above .73, 20 MA and stay for test of 32 MA
INPC : This stock is still waiting for the bounce but feel buy signal could be given anyday. Target price is now @.10 and changes daily. I would wait for buy signal to be given if I was to enter this stock.
PEIX : Best one so far since alert and strong sell signal was given Friday when it came back to 20 MA on strong volume. Buy signal was given on 11-20 @ 4.80 and sell Friday from sell alert @6.11. Would have been a nice trade. I had no position. If tight stop loss was used after break of 20 MA gains would have been better.
BRLC : This stock has done ok since alert @2.80. If I was trding this stock when I posted it I would have sold it when first  bounce formed which would be around 3.35. It came very close to target price then.
LIOX :This one has been trading sideways since alert with support @3.00 and resistance @3.20 and feel buy signal will be given anytime. Just watch the volume along with RSI 5 crossing on 30 line and MACD heading up crossing over. Remember bottom bouncers are usually short term plays with 20 MA as the target price after buy signal has been given.  JMO. I have no position
AGIX : Buy signal was given on this one Friday but not enough volume to confirm bounce..Volume is very important..it will tell you if there is a lot of traders interested in the stock.
ENCY : I paper traded this one and keep up with it till trade was over and did pretty good on it . You can see results if you go back over threads and read updates on it. This is what I like to see as end results of trading these bottom bouncers.
They are meant to be short term trades with target prices of using 20 MA
All these picks are  JMO and anybody trading them should do so based upon their own DD
wrangler

wrangler

 I'm beginning to think I need to change the name of this thread to " bottom bouncers for short term trading"
As I have stated before these are for short term trading because finding where a bottom has formed is hard,,so these plays are stocks that is due for a bounce and will usually test 20 MA or get close to it before it goes back down,,So these are for position,,swing traders,, holding period will usually be one day to two weeks.
If a bottom bouncer should go above 20 MA on good volume and stay above for close it could test 32 MA next. These are strictly chart plays using ppo,adx,rsi,
Remember these are short term plays and once bounce happens profits will be taken at or near the 20 MA. I'll only post five because more is to many to keep track and they say you should trade small amount of positions so you'll be able to track them easy.
This weeks list 12-04-07.These picks are JMO. If you play any of these play base upon your own DD
ACAT
QTWW
HTE
MCU
BUGS : One penny stock


wrangler

wrangler

Quote from: wrangler on November 24, 2007, 12:02:51 AM
Quote from: wrangler on November 22, 2007, 04:36:06 PM
Thought two stocks had given me the buy signal from list I had posted as a watchlist but after going over them again it was one from this list, other one wasn't on list and I'm keeping to just the list,,Don't want to overcrowd and get lost with the tracking and updating as I follow these.

LIOX : Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
Gave buy signal Wed. Will paper trade this stock also and start the buy at closing price on Wed.
1000 shares @3.16 + 7.00 comm.= 3167.00,,Stop loss @ 2.94,,target price will be 20 MA when hit. This target can change daily Right now it is 3.76.
This is JMO only,,paper trading only.
If you decide to play this do it based upon your own DD
Goodluck trading

My second pick out of the list I'm paper trading did good today
Ended day @3.21 gain of 43.00,,not bad for so far,,target price is now 3.69 and setting stop loss @3.00 because volume wasn't as good as I was hoping.
Also three more stocks on list gave buy signal today,,two was strong and one weak. I'll be posting them this weekend.
Have a great weekend

Sold this paper trade yesterday @3.34
wrangler

wrangler

Quote from: wrangler on November 26, 2007, 07:01:12 AM
Quote from: BigSully1 on November 25, 2007, 09:18:30 PM
Hey Wrangler. I was just wondering what you think about this one for rebound potential. (technically speaking that is). Some big volume stepped in on the doji day Tuesday. Thinking bout buying some.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=CRDN&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p20423526586


Hi BigSully1
Change RSI to five and when it moves above the 30 that will be buy time. Other indicators I use is waiting for that to come into play for their signals to confirm it more,,all in all this is what I look for as potential plays to watch.
When I play these kind of plays because they are mostly bottom bouncers they will usually go up to 20 DMA then bounce back down if it should go above and stay look for it to challenge 32 DMA and bounce back down if it stays above then 50 day and so on but always look to sell at the main moving averages to take your profits.
This is JMO
Goodluck trading

BigSully
Was wondering did you get to play the bounce on CRDN.
Goodluck trading
wrangler

wrangler

Sometimes this is the way I feel
wrangler

wrangler

 I'll be looking for some good bottom bounce plays this weekend and post them before monday. Bottom bounce plays are short term holding because once they bounce they will usually fall back down when 20 MA is hit or gets close to it. Usually when bounce starts you'll want to sell on first day red candle begins to form. A bounce can run one to four days that's why they are meant to be short term trading. Sometimes there is a good one that will run

Right now I'm playing NIHK as a bottom bounce play but 20 MA is getting close to my buy price so I'll probably sell soon and look for another. One problem with bottom bounce play is you try to find one that 20 MA is far enough away from stock price that you'll make a decent profit when bounce happens and each day that you wait for bounce the 20 MA moves price down more even if stock price stays same and when it gets to close to your buy price it lessens the chance for a bounce.

Watch for my alerts to put on your watchlist
wrangler