3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

COGN

Started by Terliso, June 05, 2006, 04:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terliso

BUSINESS SUMMARY   
Cognos Incorporated offers business intelligence (BI) and corporate performance management (CPM) software solutions. The company's solutions consist of BI components, analytical applications, and performance management applications. Its BI solution comprises component-based software that facilitates BI activities, including reporting, query, analysis, visualization, and event management. The company's analytical applications solution is designed to extend customer's enterprise resource planning system and transforming operational data for reporting and analysis. Its performance management applications span company functions and processes, and define the parameters for performance in scorecards, plans, and budgets. The company also provides software services for administration; deployment; integration; and extraction, transformation, and loading to deliver integrated and expandable solutions; and support services that consist primarily of implementation resolution, product configurations, documentation, and support for product problem resolution, as well as offers various consulting services to assist customers with project management and planning, architecture design, training needs assessment, and deployment. In addition, Cognos provides classroom training and onsite at customer locations; e-learning courses; courses on individual product components; and courses on a solution approach. The company markets and supports its solutions directly and through resellers, primarily in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia/Pacific Region. Cognos has a strategic alliance with International Business Machines Corp. to develop, market, and sell SOA-based solutions. The company was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada.


I will sell short COGN @ opening bell  ;)

beroznikmal

Good call...
I might Join you on this one...
I like the high volume and the 50 MA breakthru...
Thanks fo rthe heads up....
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

Terliso

Sold short @ $29.61 I will add more in case bulls want to close the gap ;)

wish me luck!!

Terliso

COGN also has the same set-up with PHM ------>ugly break with the 3 magics ;)

gaining over 6% so far

Terliso

I would say it is not too late to take short position in COGN ....imo ;)

SmartWrasse


catrader

yeah solid! let's analyze paper trading a jun 27.5 06 put(experts would say not recommended since only like 10 days to expiration) for .90 per contract($90) and aug 27.5 06 put(this one is better supposedly since >120 days) for 2.10 per contract($210).  will update as terlisso points up exit, etc.

Terliso

I'm patiently waiting on the BIG drop on this one...  ;)

Terliso

I think there is another big drop coming for COGN, a stock crossing below 200ema & 200sma in the weekly chart is very bad for LONG position.... but very good for shorters ;) :D ;D

Terliso

This stocks seems crumbling again.... put it on ur watchlist ;)

Bring it down COGN!!!

Shorted $29.61
Current price $26.58

nullzero

I might join in tomorrow on COGN.

Terliso

I think, Something wrong with this stock...
Good luck to us nullzero!! ;)


07-10-06

UPDATE 1-Cognos filing delayed amid U.S. regulatory review

TORONTO, July 10 (Reuters) - Cognos Inc. (CSN.TO: Quote, Profile, Research) (COGN.O: Quote, Profile, Research) will delay the filing of its quarterly report while it continues working with U.S. securities regulators on a review of its accounting methods, the business software firm said late on Monday.

Cognos, Canada's biggest software company, did not say how long its quarterly filing for the quarter ended May 31 would be delayed. It was due on Monday,

It also said it has received a letter from Nasdaq that states the company is "noncompliant" with the exchange's filing requirements.

Its executives appeared before a listing-qualifications panel on June 29, requesting an extension for the filing of its annual report. A delisting of the company's shares from the tech-heavy Nasdaq is "a potential outcome," a Cognos spokesman said.



The Ottawa-based company reiterated that the U.S. Securities and Exchange commission review may affect the way it allocates revenue.

"Cognos is unable to provide an assurance as to the outcome of the SEC review or the Nasdaq hearing," it said, adding it will provide its next update to the market sometime around July 24.



nullzero

I was suprised of the low % of short float at about only 2% of the float. This leads me to believe most of this selling has been weak longs throwing in the towel.

Terliso

Quote from: Terliso on June 05, 2006, 02:39:28 PM
Sold short @ $29.61 I will add more in case bulls want to close the gap ;)

wish me luck!!

Covered @ $26.80
Gain: 9.49%
I will focus in OTCBB for now ;)

nullzero

I covered COGN on monday with about a 4% profit.