3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

SWHC

Started by David Randolph, May 10, 2005, 06:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

If conditions were to set up right, I promissed saffeysite1 to buy SWB. Today I'll keep the promise and buy at the open.

Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (SWB). The Group's principal activities are to manufacture and distribute handguns, which includes revolvers and pistols.

Saffeysite said people like their guns. I don't know about that, but the chart tells me to believe. So, I'm a believer. Look at this:



A new all time high for SWB. Volume is not very high, but that doesn't mean the stock won't continue hedging higher, in this silent mode. I think it will.

I said that if SWB closed above $3.13 I could buy and sleep well, because there's a big support, a floor for the stock just beneath my entry price.

Everyday we scan the entire US market to come up with the best 3 stocks to buy on a short term basis. If you wish to keep track of our moves and join our stock analysis community, please subscribe to our free newsletter (it takes only 10 seconds)


David Randolph

... in SWB. It is true people like their guns, as saffeysite said, but this is not a momentum play and it is overextended now. I believe there are faster horses outthere, I'm expecting to lock in a 20% profit with SWB in today's session.

.angel.

I've seen this last chart of your's and I have a technical doubt... ???

The volume is still high... so, what are the parameters you've used to close the trade?
Well the volume is still high but I see that it has been decreasing in the last sessions... is that it?

Thanks in advance... see ya David!  ;)

David Randolph

... price went up while volume was decreasing. That's a technical bearish divergence. Time to sell for the short term (but maybe not at the open, I'll have to see about that).

.angel.

...now I understand how you used the information!  :)

OH... Don't get me wrong... I don't want to change your selling plan... I was just trying to understand the mechanism you used...  ;D

Thanks a million man!!  :)

David Randolph


saffeysite1

Anyone else still holding SWB?  I love this chart=O'Neil winner.