3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

IPIX

Started by David Randolph, May 10, 2005, 06:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

IPIX Corporation Formerly known as Internet Pictures Corporation (IPIX). The Group's principal activity is to provide mission-critical imaging solutions for commerce, communication and security applications.

Let me show you a long term price chart of IPIX:



No mather how many charts I see I still get amazed about a move like the one that happened on IPIX about a year ago: the stock went up 13 times in just 13 days  :o

But, a man can't live in the past, and not in the future, remember that. If you can do something, you can only do it at one time: now !

And now we have a promise of a double bottom in IPIX. Of course, that double bottom isn't confirmed yet, but through the years I've learned a few little things about a stock's behavior ...



... and I'll give you this clue: if a stock is coming down and volume is increasing, that's a positive divergence. That's what happened in point 1 in the chart and the stock rallied. Then, slowly, it came back down again, roughly to the same level, but now with much less volume (point 2). This tells me there's less selling pressure at that second «valley».

With less offer IPIX is starting to climb slowly and volume has picked up yesterday. It's now fully ready for a jump, I believe. And if I think a stock is going higher I must put my money to work on it.

Everyday we scan the entire US market to come up with the best 3 stocks to buy on a short term basis. If you wish to keep track of our moves and join our stock analysis community, please subscribe to our free newsletter (it takes only 10 seconds)


Athakinu

What is your thoughts on IPIX? It is now at 2.67 and has been sliding slowly on low volume over the last few days.
Thanks
A Thakinu

Greydog

A close above the 50 MDA would to be a nice bullish sign.  It has tested it many times since November and can't get through. Today's Opening Marubozu candlestick suggest bearish continuation.  Also my stochastics crossed downward today. I don't have a postion in it.

la-onda

50MA is broken on high volume,
insider have bought shares on 13th & 16th of May:
http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?repo=tenk&ipage=3466822
&
http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?repo=tenk&ipage=3468991

should be in the mid 3 range soon


Greydog

Great move up today with the close above 50 MA.  It could be a good entry time with a confirmation tomorrow.  I hope to take a long postion tomorrow on strength or strong close.

David Randolph

... and I believe that's just the start. A man must know when he's wrong, when he has to take a loss. Altough I spent some time losing a bit on IPIX I never felt I was wrong because the stock didn't go down further, just rest a little on the floor. Now it seems she's up for the sky !




David Randolph

#6
... I've got. Yesterday the stock rest a bit with lower volume than on the big white candle day. This is bullish behavior, holding the $3 level on close. IPIX can shot up again today, we'll see about that.

David Randolph

... this chart is amazing. Starting to hope my profits will grow to the moon on this one.  8)

andrewcbrown

Hi everyone.  I'm new to this board and relatively new at looking charts. 

David, what is your short term goal on this one?

David Randolph

... I welcome you !

Tomorrow I'll make an update on IPIX.

Have a nice day !

David Randolph

... to be reached next week on IPIX. There will be a big battle from bulls and bears to take control of the stock. But for a battle to take place opponents must confront and the battlefield is set at $3.74 a share.



David Randolph

Like I said the battlefield is just at $3.74 so I'm still waiting for the fight on IPIX. The fact that the stock is moving higher with less volume than the last time is not bearish, but bullish. As I've explained on the first post it is a caracteristic of double bottoms that the second «valley» has lower volume than the first ... initially the stock rises not because of an increase in demand but because of a decrease in supply. IPIX should continue going up on low volume until bulls notice it and then we'll have that long, white, beautiful marubozu we're waiting for.

David Randolph

IPIX pulled back today with lower volume and recovered from a loss of 7% to close unchanged. Tomorrow we'll probably have a lower open. I wonder when will that strong volume enter IPIX ... I'm holding the stock until the battle I expect at $3.75 or sell if we get a close below $3 which I don't think it will happen, not with the current technical info.


la-onda

3.12 $ price is going down slowly, any comments?

David Randolph

I have a comment: you shouldn't take conclusions out of intraday data.

Good trades la-onda !