3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

GTA Review: Week of 7/03

Started by eliteG, July 01, 2006, 06:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

GTA Review

EliteG's stock opinions and chart analysis from GTA Requests  8)

This can be a good place for potential trading ideas.. also be sure to check out the brand new GTA Bullish Report

eliteG

Quote from: boatguy on July 01, 2006, 09:18:29 PM
Hi G,

Glad to see NGA on your bullish list.

I was interested in your opinion on what a reasonable target for NGA is if it reaches and sets new highs?

What method do you use to project a stocks price potential after it reaches new highs and has no more overhead resistance or has broke from an uptrending channel , like PTSC did? 

Thanks

Hey boat  8) - NGA needs to see follow-through volume this week.. tiny stock so it can definately get some movement when the momentum crowd decides to take notice.  Still far away from a blue-sky breakout but those are always difficult to judge.  I suggest selling partial along the way.. it is easier to stay with the move this way.  I use psychological estimators on blue-sky breakouts.  So this means you try to think where traders might sell.. whole numbers seem to do the trick(5,10,20 are even stronger...7.50 in this case would also be important).. also look at the % gain since the run start or the volume-inflow.  Some simply take a mvg avg approach (5,9,13,20ema).  Each stock is unique so the key is to take profits!

eliteG

Quote from: wgsick on July 02, 2006, 01:05:33 PM
G, I'd like you analysis of SJR.
According to my amateur charting attempt, it seems to have broken through resistance of a downtrending channel.  Please educate me on this one.

Hey wgsick - your charting is good  ;) you can draw a break of the channel which I decided to call a bull flag or you can draw like I did which shows no break yet... nevertheless the overall tone is bullish on this stock but I consider it non-exciting because the volume is not really building up... some non-exciting stocks can still climb strong.. so we will see.  ;)

eliteG

Quote from: poppintito on July 02, 2006, 08:45:43 PM
Hi G
Im new here
I think your analysis is great..

Would u take a look at tgc?
What is the reasonable target?

Welcome poppintito   :) - thx I'm glad the analysis helps.  ;)

TGC ~ hmm maybe it should show some volume before we talk targets?.. but energy is getting really hot so this play can definately start moving.  $2 would be a natural target now on an upside move.. goodluck  8)

eliteG

Quote from: tokyopua on July 04, 2006, 12:42:20 AM
Hi G,

What are your thoughts on OSIS?  Volume isnt great, but it looks like its ready to end its downtrend here, MACD trending towards positive, piercing pattern reversal. 

OSIS is not showing me any chart evidence that it wants to go positive.

eliteG

Quote from: sam stone on July 04, 2006, 02:04:04 PM
Hey G: thanks for your TA on those couple last week ,GLY hit a dry well and the bottom fell out of her . Now I may be wrong (probably so) but I do see a cup and handle formation in PLE-V.

Great news last Friday with record volume and more great news coming this week . is there a cup and handle formation on PLE ,or am i just hoping ,thx G 8)

No problem sam  8).. PLE is looking nice - I see no evidence of a cup and handle and you have no need of one in this stock.. great looking chart.. volume will send this outta here.  Good eye.  ;)

eliteG

Quote from: sam stone on July 04, 2006, 02:08:24 PM
G , Sorry but I have to ask another if you have the time , I know your a busy trader so if not no biggy. ADA on the TSX venture  seems like there is a head and shoulders patteren setting up , just new at the TA and FAR from literate ,any help is much appreciated ,thx...sam!

Sorry Sam stockcharts.com does not have ADA.. and that means I cannot analyze it(also I will not trade it if stockcharts.com has no chart).

eliteG

Quote from: beroznikmal on July 04, 2006, 10:11:33 PM
G,
I think PAE is showing a bullish pattern. breakout on symetrical triangle. Volume was healthy especially for half a day of trading on monday. I will buy on open and set a stop slightly below upper trendline of the triangle.

What do you think?
Thanks ;D
B

Hmm PAE is sorta interesting B.. I think your stop will get hit that close because I dont see much inspiration to this move.  Overall bullish theme but perhaps allow it to prove itself a bit more since it is near some long-term resistance.  ;)

eliteG

Quote from: brucey on July 04, 2006, 11:20:02 PM
Hi,G,
What do u think about WRMA and RSHN?

I think you could write down some reasons for me to look at them  ;)  ..and then I will look at them.

eliteG

Quote from: gagan on July 05, 2006, 04:17:43 AM
comments on a past pick MSPD? Seems to have broken out from its downtrend and from a triangle consolidation at the bottom. Also big volume on Friday.

Friday volume was most likely end of Q window dressing by institutions.. fow now bears remain in control.

eliteG

Quote from: la-onda on July 05, 2006, 04:35:31 AM
Hi G.,
what´s your opinion about DNDN?
Insider buying in June:
http://www.secform4.com/insider/showhistory.php?cik=dndn

cheers
O.



Looks good big O  8).. not sure if it is ok to pick up here but the tone to this one is now bullish  ;)  good eye

eliteG

Quote from: sam stone on July 05, 2006, 08:45:48 AM
G, Great looking chart on PLE,thx again,trying to buy on dips which are few and far between lately >:D

As for ADA(acadian gold corp) I had a hardtime finding the chart at stockcharts too but it is there,so if ya have the time  ;)  You provide a great service here at 3stocks on fire,hats off!!


http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?c=ada.v

Thank you Sam   8).. PLE.V is a hotty >:D.. but ADA.V(found the chart) not interesting right now.  This is what I got:

eliteG

Quote from: KCScott on July 05, 2006, 02:16:45 PM
Gil,

Here are some shorts that I'm watching:

WBMD, EGY - Analyst Downgrades

OPSW - Options problems

MOVE, MED - Stocklemmon targets

Thanks -

KCScott

yo KCScott - The one I like mostto short  in this group is MOVE.. it is showing some weakness.. the others have recent strength and so any pullbacks(like EGY) can bounce strong... but your non-technical based reasons for the shorts are cool.. so just have a nice stop in place if you decide to plunge.  Goodluck  ;)

eliteG

Quote from: boatguy on July 05, 2006, 06:04:42 PM
Hi G,

TLG looks interesting, looks like momentum is building.

What do you think?

Very nice boatguy.. 3-4 days ago:

eliteG

Quote from: MARTY on July 05, 2006, 07:02:48 PM
Hey what are your thoughts on ABLE? Had a great run today, do you see this as a great entry point?

Cant say this is a good entry point, Marty..  support @ 7.. max target 9.. not good risk reward here.