3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GTA Review: Week of 7/10

Started by eliteG, July 09, 2006, 11:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

GTA Review

EliteG's stock opinions and chart analysis from GTA Requests  8)

This can be a good place for potential trading ideas.. also be sure to check out the brand new GTA Bullish Report

eliteG

Quote from: gri64 on July 09, 2006, 07:05:23 PM
Hi G,
What can you say about AMRE.OB?
Is it possible that the only one reason for this 3 crazy days is stockster pumping ?  It's very strange... more than 250% and I don't find any news or other reasons   ???
AMRE is strong overbought now (RSI>90 and MFI>80) but we see a HUGE volume.
What we will see on the next week?

Last question: Do you still believe in XKEM.OB after 3 days of "sell the news"? In other words, your previous XKEM review (http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=6153.15)
is still actual? I'm also "too greedy" - I try to play XKEM once more ;)
By the way, does XKEM have any really reason to run again?  Big news is in past...

Thank you G  :)


c'mon gri64?!  You know I dont care to hear about indicators...  I dont use them in my charting  ;)

.. and yes of course AMRE is a pump.  In the same way that any strong directional move is a pump.  Lots of people piling in.. you can make money.. but you do not want to be left hanging.  Especially on a penny stock, especially on a crappy company like AMRE.  I play some crazy pennies.. I would never touch AMRE.  Watch and study it.. and remember that the great plays always give multiple entries.

XKEM
- yes I stick by my last review.. XKEM is a 70millions dollar cap company.. which will most likely become profitable now from its anti-sickle cell treatment in Nigeria.. the treatment in Nigeria is being treated as a phase III for other markets.  The scenario this sets up is similar to PTSC where we heard more and more companies sign licenses.. if one more country approves..and another.. potential is high.  I do not know the financial numbers.. but the chart shows big boys approve... for now.

eliteG

Quote from: hermanpu on July 10, 2006, 02:54:22 PM
Hows does KONG look? I chose it for the stock contest, and it is holding up today. Since I am really bad with charting, I use various websites to see how they forcast its future. Barchart.com gives me 100% sell in short-term, mid-term, and long term. I hope its wrong

Hey hermanpu - KONG has a chance.. but its showing up 100% sell because it has been beaten down.  Catching a bottom is difficult.. goodluck  ;)

eliteG

Quote from: tokyopua on July 10, 2006, 05:26:55 PM
Hi G,

What do you think of NVEC? Nice pop today on largest daily volume in over a year. Forbes Nanotech newsletter saying that news from FSL:

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060710/magnetic_memory.html?.v=4

is responsible for the pop because they may have licensced technology from NVEC.

Specifically interested in what you think about the long upper shadow on the candle today, too.

Being an electrical engineer I always have a warm spot for NVEC(the technology is cool).  I like the move today.  The shadow is fine for such a strong push.  Another strong push higher after consolidation and this would look very bullish.. 8) good eye toky

eliteG

Quote from: higherstocks on July 10, 2006, 07:49:03 PM
Hey Elite whats your take on GFCI heres a chart and recent news.  Also check out the trade between .32 and .40 this morning.

Lyamec in Agreement With Grifco on $2.25 Per Share Offer
Friday July 7, 7:00 pm ET


LONDON, July 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Lyamec announces that it has reached an agreement with Grifco (Pink Sheets: GFCI - News) to move on the USD $2.25 per share offer: "We look forward to receiving fully executed documents in the upcoming days, and look forward to move to closing." Lyamec states acquisition initiatives on the 5 year outlined USD $76.5 Million GPC approved Libya facility entails an additional premium of USD $28 Million to be paid directly to Lyamec. In a statement by Interim CEO RG Raymond, "Clearly, it would be an unwise decision on anyone's part to perceive that any offering to acquire a majority stake of Grifco at this stage will lead to leveraging their position on the Libya facility without our approval, regardless of Grifco's current assets and or commercialized tools and products. Notwithstanding this, Grifco is now to resume consolidating its assets for closing."
ADVERTISEMENT


The Global Oil Tools Libya facility in Misurata is strategically located to provide ready access to critical key distribution points from which Global can deliver tools to regional customers on a just-in-time basis. Global's advantage in North Africa is the ability to provide a localized, fully integrated development, manufacturing and shipping facility over competitors shipping tools from distant distribution centers.

About The Lyamec Group

The Lyamec Group (www.lyamec.com) was established in 1999, to fulfill the existing and expanding demand for U.S.-made products. The Lyamec Group provides vital assistance in laying unique and integrated platforms with cross-border assets to further streamlining efficient and effective opportunities and solutions.

Global Oil Tools (Pink Sheets: GFCI - News) is ISO 9001 and A.P.I. Spec. 14A certified and Quality Assurance Program conforms to all specifications set forth in ISO 9001 (ANSI/ASQC Q91) and A.P.I. Spec. 14A. Global has strict quality control standards, starting with the purchase of raw materials, through the manufacturing process, the inspection process, and the shipping process. Global maintains complete traceability on every product manufactured.

This release was issued on behalf of the above organization by Send2PressĀ®, a unit of NeotropeĀ®. http://www.send2press.com


Hey higher - the history of these type plays is that they do not pan out.. the buyout offer is usually a scam that somehow bypasses any legal checks the pinksheets might have in place(not many regulations anyway).. just like any pump, you can make money but dont dare believe this will come anywhere close to the buyout price.  Like stockster's play on AMRE with a target of .25!! lol.. baloney.  Come on stay away from garbage like this and stick to real potential: We have been holding CHDT in 3SOF since .085. >:D  Great potential!

eliteG

Quote from: sam stone on July 10, 2006, 09:38:46 PM
Good day G,hope all is well, ;)

could you have a look at TAE (trans american energy) on the TSX V. I saw this stock have a nice upswing last week only to retrace and am looking for a spot to add position . I think support is found at .215,or at least i think so . I was tempted to buy at this price but have a feeling it will go lower yet pending a NR this week .

btw PLE had a pullback after the latest run up and loaded the truck up again at .415 today  >:D

Thx as always ...cheers

tHX SAM  ;) all is good.. the market was down .62% but our portfolio was up 3.67% today   :o

This is what I got on your charts:

eliteG

Quote from: hermanpu on July 11, 2006, 05:39:47 PM
AMRE.ob please

this is more of a momentum and "value" play as thestockster.com is saying by pumping it. I was just curious how the technicals looked.

I gave my thoughts on AMRE earlier this week herman.. I will not look at this manipulated pile of garbage again.  There are much better places for your money!!!!

eliteG

Quote from: boatguy on July 11, 2006, 05:54:06 PM
Something up with SEVI, got in EOD at .015.

Looks like around 15 mil or so shares traded the last hour, no news.

Just couldn't help myself and pounced on it ;D

What do you think G? 50% loss tomorrow or ?

Hate it when I do that, not the first time either.

Thanks

Has happened to me b4 as well boat  ;).. but you have a point with the late day rise.. who knows it could really get going.. goodluck >:D

eliteG

Quote from: gmarc66 on July 11, 2006, 10:57:25 PM
Hey G! ;D

Long time I haven't chatted with u. Hope all is going well with u.

Well...I thought I would ask ask u about a few stocks to see if they look like they could be ready to continue.

FHAL...next leg up now after channeling for a little while after its last run maybe?

GRWW...nice day after big pullback from its recent run up...will it continue?

IESV...bouncing back up

PTGC..moving up...nice little candle today

NHYF.pk...kept noticing this stock slow crawl its way up lately..had news today

So, if u get a chance to make some TA comments on these, that would be great.

Hope ur making out like a bandit G;)

juliebulie

JulieBulie! - good to see you again.. yes been a while ;)

On your stocks: 

The pinky NHYF is interesting if volume continues to climb.. organic food is hot and I assume t has something to do with this from the name.

FHAL and IESV are the next strongest on initial glance... IESV has been beat down.. not a big fan of pennies like that.  FHAL might get interesting with a volume surge.

Perhaps I am spoiled now with CHDT.. that chart is truly incredible.. so keep an eye on the one for a pull-back or tight consolidation.

Sorry no charts - really tired  :-X

eliteG

Quote from: sir_joke on July 12, 2006, 09:59:49 AM
Hey there, thanks for the chart on AVNR!

It does look nice, doesn't it?

Strength supporting line to $12.87.

cheers,
SJ

You're welcome SJ  :) - Positive move even with low volume.. 12.87 would be a power move.. for now a consolidation around ~8.50 is nice.

eliteG

Quote from: poppintito on July 12, 2006, 12:23:52 PM
hi g.. its me again  ;D

thanks for ur analysis for tgc last time.. looks like it has been gettin some volume lately...

anyway

my another stock selection is between NXG or COGO...
cogo went up too rapidly from the point I started watching...
so I settled for NXG

on the daily NXG chart:

standing right above 50 sma
macd preached over 0
trix preached over 0


weekly chart:
kdj crossed and standin above 50
today's price preached 10 sma
looks like its rebouncin from its support 2.75
goin to test new high

no problemo pop  ;) - NXG seems to be a great stock but currently in consolidation.  Stocks can consolidate for long periods of time.. and I like my money making me money immediately(thats why I like breakouts  >:D)

eliteG

Quote from: la-onda on July 12, 2006, 12:36:52 PM
Hi G.,
is there any XKEM update from TA perspective possible? again down 14%, time for entering soon?

cheers
O.

Good eye O!  I think XKEM is a good bet here because of the heavy volume in this zone.  To me this means that big money is involved in this play and I would imagine it shoots up from these levels soon.  50ma is close for support too  ;)

eliteG

Quote from: waxweazle on July 12, 2006, 01:27:46 PM
Hi!!

XKEM when is the chance to go in for a next ride??
CHDT were is here a entry chance could go like PTSC??

On XKEM I answered up there  ;) and CHDT looks great!  Just try to time a nice entry.. I would imagine this stock has to consolidate a bit before it decided to run again... We have been holding CHDT in the 3SOF portfolio.. it is hard to find anything negative about this stock!  :o