3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Here I go - $13500 to $50000 by end of 2006

Started by vic666, July 18, 2006, 05:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vic666

Initial investment - $13500

Target - $50000

Timeline - end of 2006


1.) Just wanted to lay my cards on a public message board...might help me be a little more disciplined with my trading. I'm open to positive criticism and any kind of help that's help me achieve this goal. During the process of trying to make money, I will occasionally be withdrawing money from my account to pay of debts etc. I'll make sure to post that also.

2.) Since I have a full time job, I may not post my trades in real time, but will make it a point to update it atleast once every day.

3.) I think I'd like to feel like there are people watching me trade and hope that gives me more discipline and help me learn.

4.) I'm pretty aggressive when it comes to trading, do not diversify too much and go by charts and patterns with a fundamental story acting as a buffer/cushion only. One of my weaknesses is that I do not set stop losses on NASDAQ/NYSE stocks, I rather prefer watching the screen from tiem to time, because I do not necessarily believe in the stop loss concept because of MM manipulation.

5.) I've stopped holding stocks thru; earnings after  a major disappointment with INCX back when I first started trading in the latter half of 2004, early part of 2005.

6.) my holdings are anywhere from less than a day to a week or two weeks. I don't pattern day trade (constantly buying selling no. of times in a day) coz' as you can see, I'm yet to reach that $25K limit to do pattern day trading.

7.) I do not mind using margin where I see fit (of course only with the NASDAQ or NYSE stocks). I use Ameritrade as my primary brokerage accnt. and that's what I intend to use for this project too.

8.) Here's my format (I'll post just this format at the end of each day; wanna make it simple and straight):

Date: 7/18/06

Open trades: CHDT (bought 79K shares at ave. $0.1835)

Closed trades today: XKEM (bought 300K shares ave. $0.0405 - 7/14; sold today $0.047)

Accnt. balance: $13538.00 (includes cash holdings)


Your comments are appreciated.  :)


Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

basonista

Good luck, vic!  I will be watching with great interest since our trading styles/stock selection ideas/brokerage/time line/portfolio amount/use of margin are almost identical.  Look forward to the learning experience. :)

vic666

thank you very much basonista.

i look forward to reaching my goal with the help of everyone from this excellent board. glad to know our styles and other features are similar. hopefully soem day soon, we could start exchanging ideas on a personal e-mail exchange basis.

good luck with your trades.  :)
Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

vic666


What a horrendous start...but I'm not flipping CHDT...thought about it this afternoon, but decided against it eventually. Since my capital is limited, I didn't wanna get caught holding any bag on PAIV or FHAL...those who made money on those...congrats!!!

i'll know before the week ends, if today's decision was a good one or not.   :-X  >:D

Date: 7/19/06

Starting capital: $13500.00

Open trades: CHDT (bought 79K shares at ave. $0.1835)

Closed trades today: none

Accnt. balance: $10852.00 (includes cash holdings)


Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

basonista

Quote from: vic666 on July 19, 2006, 12:14:40 AM
thank you very much basonista.

i look forward to reaching my goal with the help of everyone from this excellent board. glad to know our styles and other features are similar. hopefully soem day soon, we could start exchanging ideas on a personal e-mail exchange basis.

good luck with your trades.  :)


That would be great, Vic!  If I see anything of interest, I'll definitely shoot it your way and would appreciate any insight you have on future movers.  :)

I am currently in:
VPHM (heavy stake) bought yesterday at $7.31.  Not sure where this afternoon's profit taking will take it so will be watching the action tomorrow morning.

HSOA - averaged in at $6.39.  My contest pick - I always put my money where my mouth is.  ;)  Risky play but I think the stocklemon fiasco will fade away, the traders will get there money out of it and shorts will have to begin covering before earnings.  Management reiterated an increase in earnings so it will be interesting to see where this goes.  A hurricane or 2 woudn't hurt either.  ;)

CHDT - bought today just under .15.  The wife and kids wanted to go to the zoo so I was in a hurry buying this morning and knew I should have waited.  To be honest with you, I don't know where this is going next but feel good about it staying above the 20ema.  A bounce would have been nice - will have to see what tomorrow brings.  Bought this since eliteG is so bullish on it.  Made a little earlier this year on his picks of PTSC and SUWN although I had SUWN around .26 and sold it THE DAY before it started it's move.   >:(  Oh well, life goes on.

Good luck with your trades.  I hope you at least double your goal by Christmas.  ;D


vic666

Date: 7/20/06

Starting capital: $13500.00

Open trades: AMRE (bought 690K shares at ave. $0.0112)
                   IHDR  (bought 5K shares at ave. $0.17)

Closed trades today: CHDT (bought 79K shares ave. $0.1835; sold for a loss at ave. $0.1085)

Accnt. balance: $10756.00 (includes cash holdings)
Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

trees-uk

Good luck to you, i've seen my portfolio go from $33K to $16K in 2006  :'( So I need to make a similar gain to you to have a good xmas!!

I'll be reading with great interest!

vic666

#7
sorry, was out of town and couldn;t update the portfolio: Here's the portfolio at close on Friday:

Date:                           
7/21/06

Starting capital:             
$13500.00

Open trades:                 
PAIM (bought 2.5 mil shares at ave. $0.00295)
IHDR  (bought 5K shares at ave. $0.17)

Closed trades today:       
AMRE (bought 690K shares ave. $0.0112; sold for a profit at ave. $0.0115)

Accnt. balance:              
$8760.00 (includes cash holdings)
Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

vic666


Date:                           
7/24/06

Starting capital:             
$13500.00

Open trades:                  
DTGP (175K shares at ave. $0.0621)

Closed trades today:       
PAIM (bought 2.5 mil shares ave. $0.00295; sold for a profit at ave. $0.0040)
IHDR (bought 5K shares at ave. $0.17; sold for loss at ave. $0.11)

Accnt. balance:              
$11920.00 (includes cash holdings)
Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

vic666

Date:                            
7/25/06

Starting capital:             
$13500.00

Open trades:                  
DTGP (175K shares at ave. $0.0621)

Closed trades today:       
None

Accnt. balance:               
$10760.00 (includes cash holdings)
Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

vic666

Date:                             
7/26/06

Starting capital:               
$13500.00

Open trades:                   
LFWK (138K shares at ave. $0.063)

Closed trades today:       
DTGP (sold 175K shares for a loss at ave. $0.050)

Accnt. balance:               
$8735.00 (includes cash holdings)
Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

vic666

Date:                              
7/27/06

Starting capital:               
$13500.00

Open trades:                    
PTSC (12K shares at ave. $0.91)

Closed trades today:        
LFWK (sold 138K shares for a gain at ave. $0.085)

Accnt. balance:                
$11300.00 (includes cash holdings)
Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

nullzero

#12
I started with about the same amount (14k instead) last year around august and I was upto 42k around march of this year. However I lost 12k about and im sitting at 29k atm. What I did to get that was go all or nothing in small to medium cap stocks hold from 1 day to 3 months. I just aimed for about 10% gain I changed my trading style recently after the market changed turned around recently into a bearish one. I upgraded to margin and have been using shorting into the strategy and going 10k into each stock small to medium cap. So far been steadly gaining and now more diversified.

hermanpu

a lot of people have been getting burned by the market lately. Is it only us OTCBB/pink players? I started with 8000$ and i'm at about 5500$. I am new at trading so I didn't expect to make a lot of money, but I did gain a lot of experience. I really like your trading style, you seem to put a lot of money into the stocks that go up a lot such as PAIM and LWFK, and not as much in the losers, teach me how to do that lol. Your portoflio seems to swing wildly but I am actually using the same strategy, go big or go home. Thats what you to have a chance to get to 50,000.

nullzero

I tried out otcbb and pinks and found it to risky to perserve what you have.