3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

TARR

Started by nullzero, August 09, 2006, 10:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nullzero

TARR- "Tarragon Corporation operates as a real estate homebuilder and developer in the United States. The company operates through two divisions, Homebuilding and Investment. The Homebuilding division develops, renovates, builds, and markets high and mid-rise condominiums, condominium and hometown conversions, townhomes, traditional new developments, low-rise condominiums, and low and midrise rental apartment communities in urban locations and communities."

Shares Short 2,019,128  
Days to Cover (Short Ratio) 17.1  
Short % of Float 16.18 %
Shares Short - Prior 1,739,318  
Short % Increase / Decrease 16.09 %
Squeeze Ranking™ -137  

TARR is in a bearish sector... HOME BUILDERS  >:D To make it worse TARR just POSTPONED second quarter EARNINGS and Conference call today >:D. Finacial problems for this small cap company? I think so.... Possible bankrupt play? Maybe  >:D

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060809/nyw074.html?.v=65

Also another bit of news... Condo sales are doing horrible across the nation!

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060730/condos_on_hold.html?.v=6

nullzero

I just shorted 399 shares lol its all scottrade had left to short.

Terliso

Quote from: nullzero on August 09, 2006, 02:02:32 PM
Hey Terliso what you think of TARR today? Im targeting small to medium size home builders on shorting now.

Looks good null ;)

--- Created a Top Head & shoulders pattern --- around $6 bucks in play ;)
--- also broke the 200sma & 200ema (weekly scale) this indicates the stocks will go down further in the medium term.

good luck!!


nullzero

You going to play TARR? Im going to try to see if I can short more hehe. I tried shorting 1000 shares today and could only get 400 from scottrade...

Terliso

I don't know null, I'm heavily short right now... I have to free some of holdings first ;)

Terliso

R u still in on AAPL look like ready to close the GAP?

nullzero


nullzero

TARR looking really bearish going to try tomorrow to see if there is anymore shares to short on this.  >:D

nullzero

Scottrade had 460 left to short today, I them an shorted at 10.00, TARR now trading below 10  >:D.

nullzero

TARR continues the trend down  >:D.

nullzero

Finished shorting my position today shorted the last portion at 9.70. Now fully positioned in on TARR at 10.06 avg. TARR currently down another -3% today  >:D, I cant see any reason to cover now  >:D. TARR will probably drift lower by the day the longer they delay their earnings.

nullzero

Here is a chart of TARR... man it doesnt look good for the bulls  >:D.

nullzero

I covered my TARR position last week around 9.50s for a nice gain. I was just scanning through my previous shorts I closed position in TARR and noticed that TARR has had a nice big rebound. This was after they released earnings, the earnings suprising showed modest gains and profit. Im now looking for a possible new entry on the short side, I will post some charts later and look more into TARR shorting again.

nullzero

Keep TARR under the radar for a short. If it passes 10.50 I would definately take a look at shorting it. 10.60-11.00s would make a great short entry with a cover target in the 9.00s.

Ares

Would 3.37 be a reasonable long entry?
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.