3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

ACOR

Started by njshiva, September 25, 2006, 11:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njshiva

HUGE SPIKE!! :o :o :o
Trial Results Big for Acorda

By TSC Staff
9/25/2006 9:29 AM EDT  




Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR - commentary - Cramer's Take) saw its shares rocket higher after the small biotech company reported positive results from a late-stage clinical trial of its multiple sclerosis drug Fampridine-SR.
The trial dealt with how the drug could advance the walking abilities of MS patients. Acorda said the findings of three separate criteria were statistically significant.

Shares of Acorda were jumping $3.40 to $5.62, a gain of more than 100%, in premarket trading Monday.

Acorda said a significantly greater proportion of people taking Fampridine-SR had a consistent improvement in their walking speed, the phase III study's primary outcome, compared with those taking a placebo. In addition, the effect was maintained throughout the 14-week treatment period.

The trial enrolled 301 patients at 33 centers in the U.S. and Canada. Participants were between 18 and 70 years old with a definite diagnosis of MS and some degree of walking difficulty.


Terliso

#1
A lot of traders who missed the move today are scared to get in because they will think the run went so high, I think is not, the run has just begun ;) :D

I'll be a buyer on friday's close if the price won't go below $6.90

kslifka

I got in this morning at 6.21 and made a good profit on a daytrade...sold 1/2 at 7.12 and the other half at 7.55.  But this one may have more...I would like to get in around $7.

stocky

ACOR is madly chased b/c its aiming to get the 6$billion dollar MS pie. Just keep eye on ACOR market cap, however, at the moment I think it may even double from here, or may be bought out. BUT still dont bet a house on it. It may be all hot air. I am not selling my shares here though.

kslifka

Sold too soon I guess ;D  I'm always a little leary of biotech gaps, but take a look at that volume and now at an all time high.

Terliso

Jumped again! ;)

njshiva


I missed the boat too but this one might give once in a life time short oppurtunity in future once the momentum cools off or they release any bad news. The fact they reanalysed the data and came up with conclusion that the results are good is kinda hard to buy.
Any way, for now on side line and observe.  ;)

Congrats to all who go in yesterday.

kslifka

Anyone watching this one yet.  I have the 38% fib retrace at 8.18 and 50% fib retracement at 7.03.  I believe this one may run again.  Any thought on an entry point. ::)

kslifka

ACOR bounced of the 38% fib retracement and never looked back. Highest close ever today..unfortunately I never bought.  I was wating for the 50% fib retracement, but I guess I should have watched it closer this morning. ???

stocky

Well you never bought and I never sold :)

ACOR is one of few stocks that has right speculative mix, low float and huge short position. Add a little topping I suspect its a buyout candidate. This may be wild assertion but the stock romped up today near closing at massive buy@ask. I watched the tap for that time and it seemed if some one was real hungry for ACOR. Anyway I do think that this one will have a wild run tomorrow. Again, dont bet a house, though this can give you massive quick profits, in real short time. A day trader paradise I would say.

Goodluck all.

kslifka

Why do I keep NOT buying this stock when it comes down to support??? >:(

REALDEALS21

This one was a GREAT day trade !!!!! ;D

kslifka

Quote from: REALDEALS21 on October 05, 2006, 01:13:13 PM
This one was a GREAT day trade !!!!! ;D

Looking good longer term...now with the G-pattern (if it holds) today and a new 52 week high. :o

REALDEALS21

#13
GAP UP IN THE MORNING ??  ;D :o

REALDEALS21

Another 52 week HIGHH today ! ;D  :o