3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Scanner Help Needed

Started by Gooruu56, June 15, 2005, 01:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooruu56

Fellow Members,

Does anyone know of a good scanner which would pick up a MACD crossover on a daily or 60 minute chart??

Thanks for your help,
Dan Keeley

Tirebldr

On the same token, I am wondering if anybody knows about a free software that I could use to keep track of all the trades I have made (profit/loss, buys/sells, etc)?? That would do all my adding/subtracting etc. for me?
Art

Ramsburg

Quote from: Tirebldr on June 15, 2005, 01:49:59 PM
On the same token, I am wondering if anybody knows about a free software that I could use to keep track of all the trades I have made (profit/loss, buys/sells, etc)?? That would do all my adding/subtracting etc. for me?

I do that on the old fashion way:
Excell ;)

Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

eliteG

I second that Excel.  You can setup Excel to do it automatically by using < = and then writing an equation>  You just fill in some things.  I'll work on a template I can send you if you want Gooruu56.  If you use Microsoft Excel that is.

Tirebldr

I would really appreciate that templte. I have been using Excel, but dont know enough about it to set it up correctly. Therefore I put everything in by hand, adding/subtracting, =sum. All of it each tim/each cell. It's a hassle that way. So yes. I'd really appreciate [email protected]

Better watch it though. I'm afraid there will be a lot of us newbies that will want that one <g>.
A big thankyou.
Art

eliteG

woops i meant that for you Tirebldr..wasn't watching closely.  ;)

I'll get it to you by trading day tomorrow and probably tonight.  Anyone who wants a copy can get one...   ;D

Excel is a great tool.

8)

Tirebldr

My apologies Dan. I didn't mean to take so much attention away from your original post. I just didn't know how to start a new post on my own. Being new to all this I'm excited at all the excitement on 3StocksonFire and get carried away.

Hope you find your answer. I'd like toknow also.

art
Art

Gooruu56

No problem on diverting the comments. We all are here to help each other. If anyone knows of a scanner which will pick up a MACD crossover, please let me know. I have a special setting I would like to scan for!

Thanks for the help,

Dan Keeley

agatto2

Hi Gooruu56

               Yahoo has a pretty good scanner, i dont know if it will let you do that though?
        http://screen.finance.yahoo.com/newscreener.html  you would have to read the instructions and launch. If i come up with a better one in my travels i will let you know. I have a feeling that the best ones out their are on a pay site though. Tonyg

Gooruu56

AGATTO2,
Thank you very much for the help! I do not mind if I have to pay for the right scanner.
Take care,

Dan Keeley