3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Search by ticker

Started by Samantha Stephens, November 03, 2006, 02:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samantha Stephens

Hi! I'm a newbie ... thanks for the dubious title ;) ... Something that would help me is if you could add a ticker box when people make posts ... and then add a search by ticker. I was trying to search by AMTD ... got too many to make heads or tails of. Then I searched by Ameritrade and that had too many also, because people reference their trading platforms in their text. Good idea??
Samantha
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

David Randolph

#1
Hi Samantha  :)

Try using the "advanced search", then check "Topic subjects only" and put the ticker on the "Search for" window (then press enter).

As a matter of fact, for AMTD you get zero results, because there isn't one single thread exclusively about AMTD. You should start one yourself.

Hey, you're a "Regular" now  :)

Samantha Stephens

I know! It's like "On Demand!" ... It just showed up!. I thought I'd have to wait till I got my buttons to get rid of my Newbie title. :)

The Advanced search works great. Sorry about that.

One quick question for you. On the home page, I have Entries for "Stock Picking" "Lounge" "Penny Stocks" ... but the "Options" folder isn't posting entries to my home page. Is that a preference that I'm not seeing that I need to update, so I get all the folders to post new entries?

I can't tell if that folder is also showing up when I press on "show unread posts since last visit" - I've never seen an Option folder post there either...

Samantha

Thanks!!!!!
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

Ramsburg

Quote from: SamanthaStephens on November 17, 2006, 08:31:57 PM
One quick question for you. On the home page, I have Entries for "Stock Picking" "Lounge" "Penny Stocks" ... but the "Options" folder isn't posting entries to my home page. Is that a preference that I'm not seeing that I need to update, so I get all the folders to post new entries?

Hi Samantha,

Sorry for the late reply  :-\

I've just updated the php script to include also the latest posts from the «Options Board» on the Homepage ;) Thanks for reminding this, it was a little bug that I missed the last time I changed the code there ;)

Quote from: SamanthaStephens on November 17, 2006, 08:31:57 PM
I can't tell if that folder is also showing up when I press on "show unread posts since last visit" - I've never seen an Option folder post there either...

Samantha

Thanks!!!!!

That feature is working, you probably didnt saw a post there, because you are the most active member on that board, so there is almost nothing unread there for you ;)

best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account