3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

JAVA

Started by agatto2, June 16, 2005, 02:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agatto2

Ok first time doing this , hope im right , two days up, volume building, crash through the 50 day moving, coming up on a big mental barrier, solid number, and in the past resistence. What do we think?

agatto2

How do you guys copy the charts to file ,,, well the ones you draw on?

eliteG

great pick...$4 will be tough to break but this move may end up being bullish for IFLB.ob.  I believe they re associated with SUNW in some way.  Will try to find out.  Nice job.  ;)

agatto2

Does any body know what is with the volume on this guy??? The new news on this is they aquired some i net storage company, and put thier software up for open source,, and lots of other little news stories, but why soooo much accumiliation? 39,000,000

daldrich

Bought in @ 3.75 when it was making a move up then the acquisition news and it dropped while the market sorted out the news.
  It is now able to offer a complete bid to large companies in network design and the sales team at the storage company was better as well from what I read so that should boost overall profits but that merger wouldn't have transitioned yet so there could be other news pending.
  It is providing the network to access iflb but don't know if that boosts it's perception by buyers or not.

agatto2

strange right,,, a ton of instituitions buy on mar 31,, higher volume,,, any way i bought just on the technicals,,, esa acting like a healty stock.


som ting wong  o wight

422fwhp

Today's news:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=SUNW

...but what caught my eye was:
(long) http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050912/sfm100.html?.v=19

Sun Launches Blockbuster Family of Industry-Standard, x64 Enterprise-Class Systems
Monday September 12, 10:01 am ET 
Code-named 'Galaxy,' Latest Sun Fire x64 Servers Are One-and-a-Half Times the Performance, Half the Power, One-Quarter the Size; New Sun Grid Rack Systems Accelerate Grid Implementation and Deployment Time by Up to 90 Percent

I had a chart all annotated but I couldn't figure out how to save it.  >:(

http://www.stockta.com/cgi-bin/analysis.pl?symb=SUNW&num1=3&cobrand=&mode=stock

agatto2?  eliteG?  I value your opinions.  :)





422fwhp

oh sry...no annotated chart.  >:(

It looks to have broken out of a three month bear channel on above avg volume.  Also, it was below and is now crossing over the 200(MA).  Five day chart looks GREAT!

Melf Elf

When robt commented on SUNW over the weekend in the AMD folder, I mentioned that I liked it on a pullback to the top of the little Ascending Triangle, 4.00 - 4.01

1. SUNW broke out of a little Ascending Triangle on September 9.  Target: 4.58 IN PLAY.

2. It pulled back into the triangle in a Falling Wedge, then went up and made the target on last week's gap higher.  The high was 4.56.  Close enough.  Targets aren't exact.

3. With the target made, SUNW has pulled back to re-test the Ascending Triangle breakout.  Obviously, it would be nice to see this area hold, and not have it go back inside the Little Ascending Triangle pattern.

4. Last week's "Google Gap" and failure near the March, 2005 high gives us a larger Ascending Triangle.  Target is on the chart if SUNW can find support near here, then knock out the top of the Big Ascending Triangle at 4.53 - 4.56.

SUNW has taken out Friday's low of 4.07, and currently is BID 4.05 - ASK 4.06

Melf Elf

Quote from: Melf Elf on October 10, 2005, 02:24:32 PM
I mentioned that I liked it on a pullback to the top of the little Ascending Triangle, 4.00 - 4.01

I bought SUNW at 4.01 on the pullback to the top of the little Ascending Triangle, but the way the market is acting, I'm not sure that I really want it  ???

Stop is a close below the low of the Falling Wedge in the chart above, at 3.81.  Risk: a loss of 5%.

YUNUS

Hey...............

What r u thinkn abt SUNW?
There r good ups n downs..........good to make profit

any thing more abt SUNW?

YUNUS
;)


YUNUS

Thanks Jimbo..

I wanna hv somethin latest.....abt current situation....

Happy Christmas to all

Bye
YUNUS

YUNUS

4:06pm 01/24/06 
Sun Microsystems posts $223 million loss (SUNW) By Rex Crum
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Sun Microsystems Inc. (SUNW) on Tuesday reported a second-quarter loss of $223 million, or 7 cents a share, compared to a profit of $4 million, or breakeven on a per-share basis. Excluding one-time items, Sun lost 3 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson First Call forecast a loss of a penny a share. Revenue rose to $3.38 billion, from $2.84 billion a year ago.