3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

ALTI

Started by badesrini, June 16, 2005, 11:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquid Stick

I take both into consideration when looking for price fluctuations using tweezers (a japanese candlestick term).  Meaning where the trend gets pinched.  Did you see the cahrt i posted for why ALTI stopped at 4.19.?

LS

I also don't always agree with the close and open being the only items of importance.  I do believe that they carry the most weight.  However, if all we take into consideration are the open and close.  We wouldn't have hammers, or dragonflys, rickshawmen, shooting stars or gravestones.  The wicks are important, as well.  They are full of information, they speak of confusion.  If, your opponent is dazed and confused as to direction you now possess an advantage.  Typically, when there is confusion and the confusion is resolved.  You know how to respond.  ALTI broke at 3.72 last week.  I bought at 3.73 and knew it was a mover.  The ironic twist is that i discovered the 4.19 pinch on the ALTI monthly chart.  Which occured before i knew of the movement to that level.  I logged into my account and ALTI was at 4.07.  I figured i had time before it hit 4.19 and that the stock had not traded at that level.  The lo and nehold i looked at the high of the day and it had already come to pass.  Pinches can be a very valuable asset.
In the world, of gifts from god, I succumbed to mediocrite and settled for engineer.  When here is where I belong.

Liquid Stick

Quote from: Melf Elf on April 11, 2006, 03:16:12 PM
Quote from: Melf Elf on April 11, 2006, 04:04:38 AM
My plan still is to have a gain on this trade, so I'll exit on any late day weakness below the top of the triangle (3.79). 

ALTI is toying with us.  It's right at 3.79.   :P  :P  :P

The low this afternoon is 3.76; the same as yesterday.  I'll sell a PRINT of 3.75 between here and the close.


Yes,  but did you see how high the bid was stacked up at 3.76?  Somebody doesn't want to see ALTI bleow 3.76.  Find out who it is if you have level II.  I suspect they might be the same that sell 4.19.

LS
In the world, of gifts from god, I succumbed to mediocrite and settled for engineer.  When here is where I belong.

Melf Elf

Quote from: Liquid Stick on April 11, 2006, 03:25:23 PM

Yes,  but did you see how high the bid was stacked up at 3.76?  Somebody doesn't want to see ALTI bleow 3.76.  Find out who it is if you have level II. 

Liquid Stick,

No, I don't use Level II.  We got some buyers in the final two minutes.  Closed at 3.83.

Lucas Scott

Quote from: Liquid Stick on April 09, 2006, 09:58:47 PM
I want know who is the ALTI ax.

I am "The Ax"

Quote from: Liquid Stick on April 11, 2006, 03:25:23 PM
Somebody doesn't want to see ALTI bleow 3.76. Find out who it is if you have level II.

Guilty as charged. Since I'm long ALTI, I'll confess I don't want to see it below 3.76. I don't want to see it below $4. I'd actually like to see it above $10. :-\ ;)
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Melf Elf

#94
Quote from: Lucas Scott on April 11, 2006, 07:06:02 PM
I am "The Ax"

Liquid Stick,

I did some digging, and you were right.  It's some crazy guy, who goes by the pseudonym, "The Ax."  Do you know him?

Lucas Scott - SHORT 5,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 10,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 8,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 20,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 5,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 10,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 8,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 20,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 5,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 10
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 10,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 10
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 8,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 10
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 20,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 10
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 5,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 11
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 10,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 11
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 8,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 11
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 20,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 11

Melf Elf

Sold ALTI at 3.78.

It rallied to 3.90 this morning...now back below 3.79.  I don't like the weakness, epecially with the NASDAQ up a little, so I'm not waiting for a print of 3.75.   

The low so far is 3.77.  ALTI currently is BID 3.79...ASK 3.80.

vic666

Quote from: Melf Elf on April 12, 2006, 05:46:23 AM
Quote from: Lucas Scott on April 11, 2006, 07:06:02 PM
I am "The Ax"

Liquid Stick,

I did some digging, and you were right.  It's some crazy guy, who goes by the pseudonym, "The Ax."  Do you know him?

Lucas Scott - SHORT 5,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 10,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 8,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 20,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 5,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 10,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 8,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - SHORT 20,000 ALTI 4.19 - April 7
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 5,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 10
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 10,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 10
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 8,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 10
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 20,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 10
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 5,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 11
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 10,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 11
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 8,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 11
Lucas Scott - BOUGHT 20,000 ALTI 3.76 - April 11

I'm confused...is that really Lucas Scott who is doing this...if so, why?? or, are you guys just pranking around??   ???
Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

Melf Elf

Quote from: vic666 on April 12, 2006, 10:53:54 AM
I'm confused...is that really Lucas Scott who is doing this...if so, why?? or, are you guys just pranking around?? ???

Vic,

My apologies.  I should have made it more clear that I was kidding, because Luke posted the he was "The Ax."  Sorry.

vic666

thanks for clarifying MelfElf.

Even though I'm highly frustrated by the action tosay, the only reason I'm holding is because of the lack of volume....

I'm leaning towards tinking this is a declining handle formation on low volume...usually it is followed by a breakout on high volume...hoping to see just that pretty soon.

Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

Melf Elf

Quote from: vic666 on April 12, 2006, 12:08:49 PM
Even though I'm highly frustrated by the action tosay, the only reason I'm holding is because of the lack of volume....

If today's intraday chart of ALTI were an EKG, the patient would be close to death.

zzzzzzzzzzzz-zzzzzzzz  ;D

Quote
I'm leaning towards tinking this is a declining handle formation on low volume...usually it is followed by a breakout on high volume...hoping to see just that pretty soon.

ALTI is holding up.  The low is 3.76 again, and I like the fact that a lot of other NASDAQ stocks, like TFSM, ALGN, COSI and ATML, are looking much, much  better today.

Good luck! 

Liquid Stick

New chart of ALTI textbook.  ALTI has given you no reason to sell.
In the world, of gifts from god, I succumbed to mediocrite and settled for engineer.  When here is where I belong.

Lucas Scott

ALTI wants to put me in the House of Pain it has constructed for us. But I will not go into that cage. I'm trying to work dammit! :D ;)

Turns out I'm not The Ax, I'm The Ox. As in Babe the Blue. Blueballed by ALTI!

The Ox
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Melf Elf

Quote from: Liquid Stick on April 12, 2006, 03:43:26 PM
ALTI has given you no reason to sell.

Liquid Stick,

Technically, I agree, but it also didn't give me enough reason to want to hold it when it acted weak this morning, and went back below 3.79, so I decided to take the profit.  Management decision.  There were stocks that I liked better.


vic666

ALTI really is playing with my emotions...I happened to see the last 1 hour of trading...so many close calls...the last 5 minutes had this thing running a few cents in a hurry...broke $3.80 to close at $3.81

volume was incredibly low indicating little buying or selling interest.

news of some sort will kick this back into motion, support still in the mid $3.7's

i know this will go back higher, but I lack patience holding stocks,  >:(  because I'm more of the trading kind  8)...max. 3 days to a week and I sell. i bought this on Thursday near closing hours will see how tomorrow holds!  :-X

good luck to those still holding... ;)
Long term investments are short-term investments that have gone wrong.

Liquid Stick

I'm reminded of Three Stars in the South.

LS

http://www.candlesticker.com/Cs55.asp
In the world, of gifts from god, I succumbed to mediocrite and settled for engineer.  When here is where I belong.