3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

ESLR - Sector: Technology---Industry: Semiconductors

Started by Weightlifter, May 25, 2005, 11:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weightlifter

I took a position at $4.97.after a crash and burn the other day.Im looking at a possible bounce to @$5.50-$5.60 I wont stay in long if it stalls.Any thoughts on this pick?

john_ancora


Looks like a nice pick  ;D
John Ancora

Weightlifter

#2
Price is $5.45.not great volume,did not clear $5.50,decided to sell now,,50cent profit ,happy with that

cumulina

I now own an awful lot of ESLR (A lot for me, that is  ;))

I like solar.
The stock is not behaving spectacular in any way.
It's a purely emotional buy.
The only good reason I can find (justification) is institutions also showing interest:

BREAKDOWN
 
% of Shares Held by All Insider and 5% Owners:  2%
% of Shares Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners:  48%
% of Float Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners:  48%
Number of Institutions Holding Shares:  71

I think they have a great product.
They are building a plant in Germany (One of the worlds biggest installers/buyers of solar-panels) together with a german company.
They have supply of raw materials secured for 1-2 years ahead...other manufacturers are not that lucky (clever?)
Alternative energy is on the move: wind, hydro, solar etc.

I can now only cross my fingers and hope... :D
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

setravis

Upgrade. Had fallen to probable support around $7.75. Expect to see some turnaround in alternative energy group in near future.
Support @ $8.19...7.70...7.43
Resistance @ $9.55
MACD is Bullish
Stochastic is Bullish

Technicals
Close Above the 13-day EMA
Percentage Gainer

Last Price Quote is:
3.19%above 13-day EMA
12.98%above 50-day EMA
RS Rating: 95 

Fundamentals
Coverage Initiated: Buy

Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $513.62 
P/E Ratio: NA 
PEG Ratio: N/A 
Next Earnings: 11/09/2005
Last Analyst Rating: Buy

News Link:           http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=ESLR
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

cumulina

Profile:

Evergreen Solar, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of solar power products worldwide. Its products include solar cells, panels, and systems. The company, through its proprietary String Ribbon technology, offers solar modules, which are used to generate electricity for on-grid and off-grid applications. These modules are designed for a range of solar electric power applications, including water pumping, communications, outdoor lighting, rural electrification, recreational vehicles, and stand-alone or grid-connected AC applications. The company sells its products through distributors, system integrators, and other value-added resellers. Evergreen Solar has strategic partnership with Q-Cells AG and EverQ GmbH. The company was formed in 1994 and is headquartered in Marlboro, Massachusetts.

I have owned some ESLR off and on for some years now. My belief in this company has increased, especially after their new partnership with Q-Cells in Germany, where solar-panels for producing electricity is BIG business.

Roughly you'll see a 30% increase in sales pr. year...and production costs are going down.

Now to today's item: Cramer has been messing with "my" stock! He gave it the thumbs-UP in his latest show, and just as I had planned to buy some more  ::)

ESLR is already up 10% in pre-market!

I guess I'll just have to wait untill another day to buy more... ???

Cheers.



Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cumulina

Hmmm...nobody interested???

I sold ESLR yesterday at 9.35 - and that was too cheap.
Wanted to keep my profits.
Also...3Q is nov. 4th, and I've been burned before on earnings, lately CHK showing a great future, great earnings, lots of insiderbuys...and it behaved just awfull!

So I'll get back into ESLR after earnings, at whatever price I can get it at.

I'd also like for the frenzy to dissapear after Cramers mention of the stock! >:(

I'm not really clever enough to play his picks, I just wish he'd let "my" stocks alone.

Cheers.
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

422fwhp

Very interested!  Have held for a while now...long on this one.

REALDEALS21

Jim Cramer recommended this ESLR on Tuesday. He said it will go to the high teens. It will beat its earnings. Nice one to play ! ;D

la-onda

#9
IMO you have sold to early cumulina, but I have also bad expierence holding stocks before earnings...  ;)


more ESLR facts:

1.
Jeffries report (14 $ target):
http://www.knobias.com/research.pdf?id=1540
2.
AMT
http://www.knobias.com/individual/public/news.htm?eid=3.1.6dcdb7ef8e26196f06f486b465decc101c46598cf44f2b35cc38f48fc7ed926b
3.
Thomas Weisel
http://www.knobias.com/individual/public/news.htm?eid=3.1.d0cbfe9e0d14fd32f95715185930e39d4126c31421966cf26089739fb3f64684
4.
ESLR: New 52-Wk High @ $9.720 up 0.93%
Thursday , November 03, 2005 09:47 ET

This is the 1st 52 WEEK HIGH alert for ESLR in the past 7 calendar days.

The share price for Evergreen Solar, Incorporated (NASDAQ NM: ESLR) reached a new 52-week high today, trading at $9.720, up $0.090 (0.93%) from its previous close of $9.630.

The Company's previous 52-week high of $9.710 was set yesterday on November 02, 2005.

One year ago, the Company's shares closed at $3.420. The price has climbed more than 184 percent since then.

At the time of this alert, the stock had traded 91,200 shares via 15 trades, 95.57% below it's 20day average of 2,060,065 shares.

This new 52-week high currently puts the stock:

13.62% above its 20day Moving Average of $8.555
20.66% above its 50day Moving Average of $8.056
33.48% above its 100day Moving Average of $7.282

The Company last released news on October 27, 2005:

"Evergreen Solar to Host Third-Quarter Conference Call on November 4, 2005"

EVERGREEN SOLAR, INCORPORATED
Develops, manufactures and markets solar power products that are capable of providing reliable and environmentally clean electric power.


cumulina

You are probably right, la-onda. :D

I was very happy to pull some profit, though.

Right now I'm almost in the green again with my CHK, and ENER is doing fine today.

ENER (another favorite, as you might know) will come out with Q3 next week, and I shall step out of it momentarily also.

But I assure you: I'll be back in!

ESLR is growing rapidly, and once the factory in Germany is up and running, I think it'll be BIG.

ENER have so many different things going for it, that it will remain strong (I hope!)

By the way: DSTI is up nicely today too!

Good day for solar. 8)
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cumulina

This just out!  :o

Will be interesting to see the markets reaction to it  ;)


Evergreen Solar Reports Third-Quarter 2005 Results
Company Executes Growth Strategy with Record Revenue and Margins, and Technology Advancements
Marlboro, Massachusetts, November 4, 2005 – Evergreen Solar, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESLR), a manufacturer of solar power products with its proprietary, low-cost String Ribbon™ wafer technology, today announced financial results for the quarter ended October 1, 2005.
"The third quarter was another period of significant accomplishment for Evergreen Solar as we pursue our vision of becoming the low-cost provider in the solar industry," said Richard M. Feldt, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We achieved record product revenue at our Marlboro facility of $11.1 million, with gross margins of 10.4%. We made good progress on our research and development programs, and plan to begin converting our Marlboro factory to our thin wafer manufacturing process by year end. We also ordered five Quad ribbon production prototype furnaces to further the development of that platform."
"The state-of-the-art 30-megawatt manufacturing plant we are constructing in Thalheim, Germany through our EverQ venture remains firmly on schedule," Feldt continued. "The construction phase moved rapidly in the third quarter as we broke ground in July and celebrated the plant's roof closing in October. Hiring and training for this facility are progressing extremely well. In order to accelerate the start up of the Thalheim plant, we are shipping 10 furnaces to an offsite location in Thalheim this month. These will be used to train our EverQ employees and provide wafers for use in the startup of our cell and module lines."


Evergreen Solar Reports Third-Quarter 2005 Results
November 4, 2005
Page 2
Third-Quarter 2005 Financial Results
For the quarter ended October 1, 2005, product revenues were $11.1 million, nearly double the $5.6 million reported for the third quarter of 2004 and an increase of 4 percent from the $10.7 million reported in the second quarter of 2005. For the third quarter of 2005, Evergreen Solar achieved positive product gross margin of 10.4 percent. This compares with negative 29.0 percent for the third quarter of 2004 and positive 6.2 percent in the second quarter of 2005.
Net loss attributable to common stockholders for the third quarter of 2005 was $4.6 million, or $0.07 per share, compared with a net loss of $4.6 million, or $0.10 per share, for the third quarter of 2004. For the third quarter of 2005, weighted average shares outstanding were approximately 61.2 million. Third-quarter 2004 earnings per share figures were based on approximately 47.5 million weighted average shares outstanding.
Business Outlook & Financial Guidance
"Demand for solar energy continues to strengthen worldwide and is expected to exceed supply for the foreseeable future," Feldt said. "Evergreen Solar is capitalizing on this growth while investing in ongoing technology initiatives. In Marlboro, we will continue to advance toward full production implementation of our promising thin wafer technology."
"In Thalheim, we remain on track with our aggressive construction schedule. We anticipate installing our first pieces of manufacturing equipment in the facility by the end of 2005. We expect to begin manufacturing our first wafers in the Thalheim plant in the first quarter of 2006, with full-scale production slated to commence during the summer of 2006."

You can find it all on this web-site:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=123321&p=irol-sec
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cumulina

La-onda...Oh how right you were!

I sold at 9.35 2 days ago, and today in pre-market it is over 11.00

Gosh! I'm so clever...
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

nullzero

Man Im hitting myself in the head.... Bought eslr back at 6.40s it started dropping sold at 6.20s and continued down to low 5s. I should of bought back in but was wary on the direction it was heading and felt would be alot of sideways trading. Now its over 11 dollars and looks like it will be in the teens within 1 month. Im going to get in possibly on the next pull back and ride it up., Once there new factory is up and running I wouldnt find it impossible for high teens by next year 2nd quater.

logocovet

I like alternative energy very much (both as an investment and for environmental reasons).  I can feel good for owning it while profiting at the same time. (certainly better than owning Exxon or Lockheed Martin)

I'm currently holding DESC and considering diversifying into the sector.  So far considering ESLR, ENER and HW.   

Cumulina and La-onda, you 2 seem to be the resident AE experts.  My knowledge of AE is limited.  I know that DESC primarily focuses on fuel cells.  I think Solar, nuclear, liquid coal, etc all seem to have promise.  What would u suggest as a good way to diversify for a long term investment?