3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

CTTY - Sector: Technology --- Industry: Software & Programming

Started by JMoney, June 21, 2005, 10:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMoney

Big news on this stock, I just bought in.

la-onda



JMoney

Bought at 5.37....but sold at 8.00.....you dont know how bad htis hurts. Big lesson learned here!

la-onda

 this hurts really!! how did you get CTTY so early on your radar?

stocky

Did not ride this one but applaud again for ur pick. Dont worry b/c you still made a big profit. And there are 11k stocks :) and u will sure find more like this one. I am kicking myself for missing move on this and some other stocks. But still sometimes you cant get all.

stocky


JMoney

I saw the news and figured I'd play it. Boy I didn't think it would do this. I'm not worried about it, there are gonna be plenty more.

jeff46902

I missed this too!  I'd sure like to have this one back.  I was away from my computer for a period of time this morning, and didn't get back until I saw it already at $8.80.  Didn't think it would go this high in this short a time.  Gee, I could have made enough on this one today to buy myself a new Chevy Equinox!   :)

That introduces my question:  How does a person find out about these kinds of opportunities before the stock takes off?  What tools do traders use to alert them of stocks about to make a big run-up?  It seems I'm always missing them for some reason or another, probably mostly because I don't think they will react the way they do.  I also missed CTIB's run-up today too; didn't catch that one in time either.  Is there a way to accurately predict how a stock will react to news like this?

Thanks,
Jeff

setravis

"BEWARE"....Be careful....... ???
I think the momentum players will exit.I don't think anyone with these huge gains
will hold this over night.I think it will be everyones favorite short now.
IMHO
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

tommyt

I jumped on this today @ 11.60, now I'll hold on.

tommyt

If it can break and close above 12.25 I'll hold it overnight, if it does it could make 16. IMO

tommyt

#12
IMO. I'm still holding since 11.60. Anybody with me?

Sorry fixed Symbol.

David Randolph

What I find amazing with this stock is the market cap, just 11.56M says marketwatch.com (at $14 a share)? Is this correct?

I'll have to analyze a bit further, this stock showed up on my filter this morning, but I wasn't able to do the 3 Stocks on Fire list.

I'll go a bit deeper into CTTY's financials, any help would be very appreciated (the chart is amazing, I would hold on to that stock tommyt, keep the winners).

tommyt

What I think (I'm not positive) is when news was released that Credit Card holders's private information of released/stolen from US banks this company's stock took off (from $4 to over $20) in a day, at which time the CEO thought it would be a good time to cash in all his chips and quit. Can't blame the guy, really. The truth is though, his shares only totaled 800,000+. After that the stock plunged. Then he came back out and said everything was on the up and up, and he resigned soley for personal reasons (suddenly, he was rich). Now that all is clear, the stock may be headed back to the $20 region. I'll try to find some articles I spotted last week.