3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

What a first time visitor to 3SF wants?

Started by stocky, June 16, 2005, 07:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stocky

Through my own experience and getting feedback from others I have come to conclusion that the newbies has atleast one question in their mind:

Whats the best stock of all the 3SF portfolio to 'BUY TODAY'?

This could be answered if some sort of "Todays' TOP STOCK [meaning the one with the best probability of max gains at the current level]" could be displayed along the portfolio.

3SF community is rapidly growing and each new member do sometimes have a feeling 'Am I late to this stock?'. The 'Best Opportunity of Today' stuff will be of great help.

Rest you guys are doing great job.

Ramsburg

#1
Hi Stocky !

I have to talk with David about this suggestion, but  in general I can't much agree with it. And I'll explain why:

When you surf the net, searching for stock picking websites, advisement services, etc, you will mostly find services that have some slogans like: «50 winning trades on a role», «not one lose on our closed trades», «5000% in one month», etc... This kind of slogans is targeting investors that are not familiar with the stock market, investors that do not know how the stock market works, and sometimes investors that just love to gamble...
It's easy to have 50 winning trades on a role, you just close your winning trades, and let the losses run... To have zero loses on your closes trades is the same thing... and to have 5000% profit on 1 month you just use some crazy leverage using options and close one of your picks like that...

Well, real traders know that loosing makes part of the game...
Real traders know that you should cut the loses and let the profits run...
And they also know that you should protect your capital using money management...

We have a 15 stock portfolio, and we do not exceed a maximum of 6.66% in any individual position... We have a point with that: Money Management. It's a real simple rule, and we could have done it on a more complex way, but we want to show our members, that sometimes a simple rule like this one can protect you from total loss, and yet you can have huge profits like this 114% in 1 month and a half.
This simple rule, let us sleep well, while holding some OTCBB, Pink Sheets, or some other volatile stock on our hands... If one of our stocks goes down brutally because of some unpredictable news or something, the worst that can happen to our total money is a 6.66% loss...

Enough about the risk... We want to make great stock picks... but we also want to be an educational service. We don't really want our members to be like robots doing what we are doing blindly, and especially we don't want «newbies» to find on 3stocksonfire a new way of loosing their money...
I see a lot of people following our recommendations, but not applying any money management rules; like buying all their money in some OTCBB pick we made, and making a fortune if the pick goes well, or loosing a lot if the pick goes wrong... We totally not support that !

We publish almost everyday 3 stock picks... If a member wants to follow our picks, and he misses the entry point, he should not be impatient... The market is here everyday, and so do we !!!
Impatience is a deadly threat to a traders money !!! 
Am I to late for this stock ? No ! the stock just went faster then you, but you are not late for the next stock ;) There is no stress, we got a lot of stocks, and a lot of time !

Now, talking about your suggestion ;)
I can have my favourite stock on our 15 Stocks Portfolio... David I'm sure he also has... But I'm sure that if we publish something like «This Stock is the best of our holdings», a lot of people would invest all their money on it... And we want to avoid that !!!

Most of traders loose money, only because they don't follow money management rules, they don't cut their losses and they become «bag holders»... They start a short term trade, and they turn it into a long term investment... They forget that we have 11,000 stocks competing for our money, and we should not stay with the one that is consuming our capital.

This project is a t2t project, from traders to traders... And our community is growing fast, with a lot of «top-traders» already changing ideas on our boards and a lot of newbies trying to learn something here. Lets keep this spirit where everybody wins !

We are not selling the holly grail... there is no Holy Grail on the markets ;)

There is no Top-Stock... there is only a Top-Portfolio or a Top-Strategy... our stocks work like a team, if one is falling a lot, the others should back up and help our Money go to the Green direction ;)

Ups... I was just going to write a short comment, and I ended writing this testament ;)
Sorry guys  ::)

Best regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

stocky

Got it. I am convienced that top stock thing will suck newbies into investing major or like 100% of their purchasing power in a single stock.

This T2T thing is kool.

don

as a newby, my 2 bits: say I am focussed on 3 stocks this month. When I log in, the first thing I will want, is to go to the most recent post, out of all posts, concerning each of those stocks. Now, when I try this with BRVO or Bravo, I get all of the posts, with great info re: relevance % and date. But, as best as I can tell, I do not get the most recent post. Is there a better way, than what I do? Which is to keep clicking on each sub-thread, until I hit the one with the most pages, then scroll to the final page, to see how current that thread is. 
3SF is a great resource and obviously, a labour of love. Cashflows are really tight, due to most of our resources getting hit in the dec 26 disaster (phuket) . What would be a min imum donation, to get to stay in ? tia! Don.

AussieTrader

Hey Don,
Click on the PROFILE tab this takes you to your own profile details, then under the heading on the left side (called Modify Profile) click on Look and Layout Preferences. You'll then be in the edit profile box. Within there is the option ' Show most recent posts at the top' If you select that and then select change profile. Now when you open a thread the most recent post will appear first.

Hope that helps some.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

AussieTrader

Quote from: AussieTrader on August 02, 2005, 08:20:56 AM
Hey Don,
Click on the PROFILE tab this takes you to your own profile details, then under the heading on the left side (called Modify Profile) click on Look and Layout Preferences. You'll then be in the edit profile box. Within there is the option ' Show most recent posts at the top' If you select that and then select change profile. Now when you open a thread the most recent post will appear first.

Hope that helps some.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

don

Hey Don,
Click on the PROFILE tab

That worked!
makes it so easy, when you have such generous posters. ta, Don. ;D