3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

An Introduction to The Trading Systems Board

Started by AussieTrader, December 04, 2006, 01:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AussieTrader

Hey all,

If you are reading this then you will have noticed a new board has been established called 'Trading Systems'

Now the idea behind this board is to introduce a forum for discussion and value added content relating to multiple topics surrounding the whole area of automation in trading.

That 'automation' will encompass topics such as Stock Scans (we plan to share some scan coding out of MetaStock and perhaps run regular 3SoF scans and publish the output for you to look at), Broker Services, web based services and  the introduction of the ultimate goal of a fully automated and operating Trading System. That is you trade a system based on mechanical signal output without regard to having to look at any chart yourself (the system does that for you). Might sound a bit foreign to a forum here of chart lovers (me included ;)

Now a lot of the actual content may well be guided by the sort of inputs members give in regard to what you want to discuss / share. Keeping true to the 'Trader to Trader' 3SoF focus.

So, to kick things off in the next couple of days, I will post a bit of history relating to mechanical trading (or system trading) that hopefully you will find of interest.

Also in the follow days I hope to be able to share with you some 'very' interesting system trading concepts and a mechanical system that I will be trading myself.

Cheers
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

aero

This sounds an excellent idea and will allow us to discuss systems for varying trade lengths.
I look forward to it.

mitchjas

AussieTrader,

This topic sounds interesting to me.  I'm glad you're starting this thread and can't wait to see more.  I'm particularly interested in stock scanning - software, best method, what data do you need (to purchase?), etc.

I look forward to it.  Let's get this conversation going!   ;)

Jason