3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

AKAM

Started by Melf Elf, June 30, 2005, 02:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nullzero

I would be careful profit taking might be around the corner. AKAM might actually make a nice short target around high 40s and 50.

akclide

I agree, Long term going up .Short term a pull back should be around the corner.

joet

Akclide and Nulz
are either of you playing AKAM on the long side?
I am in full agreement with Shortstocks.com that this puppy is over bought... just that the tech sector is soooo very bullish right now.  I may well have jumped into this short too early at 45.40, But i do feel that it will trade below that in the next few weeks...
time will tell
cheers Joe

akclide

No, I am not playing it but certainly keeping an eye on it,hoping I am right and it will pull back so I can jump in it.I did buy ADSK today earnings are out on 21st.May be a big surprise to the upside.Good luck

D&Data

wait40 - 41...it will crash there....

nullzero

AKAM downgraded today. I shorted today looking to cover between 40-42.

D&Data

continue to move up strongly !...
50 $ now...

nullzero

Got stopped out on the short. Lets see if it has enough bull to climb to 50 :).

LuckyFish

I'm bearish on AKAM short term, but think that it's great for the long term.  I'm holding some Oct puts.  I also think that it's a great stock to day trade!
Brigitte

joet

Back at 50.60.... Topping action or consolodation?  I am biased because i am holding some short shares, but it is looking toppy to me, 2 doji's and it is trying to break up again today... will watch for now
cheers Joe

LuckyFish

Nullzero, others,
Any thoughts on how low this might go. Anyone short?
Brigitte

nullzero

I am currently short in AKAM I re entered my short at 51 a few days ago. If you are long on AKAM I would cut and run now... and wait for the dust to settle. The markets are going to guide AKAM lower and I expect we are seeing a bearish turn in the markets. The 9 dma and 5 dma are both going below the 20 dma which shows there is a change in direction (bearish). The support held at 46.50 but will it hold next time its tested? AKAM may soon be in the low 40s..

LuckyFish

Nullzero:
I had some puts which I sold this morning for a decent gain.  Might go lower on Friday into options expiration, but if the market continues it's positive trend,  I may buy calls for a run up into earnings.  Of course, it depends on what the Feds do next week, etc, etc.  I too, agree that we will have a bearish turn in the market, sometime between now and December. But who knows when.
Brigitte

nullzero

Bounce off the 50dma support today for AKAM. It may have some hope left on the upside. I covered today for over a 10% profit. I rather not speculate on earnings and take profit when I have it.

Melf Elf

#44
Bought AKAM at 49.10 near the close.  Stop: Below 47.30, the low of the third red arrow, on December 1.  Risk: a loss of 3.7%%.

AKAM broke out of a Symmetrical Triangle (pattern in green) on November 7 crossing 48.79, putting targets of 52.93 and 56.95 IN PLAY.

Since then, it looks to be trading in a Bull Flag (pattern in blue).

The red arrows are trendline validations of the up trendline off the Symmetrical Triangle. (Green #2 and #4).  The second red arrow along that trendline was an "Oops!"  The trendline got violated intraday, but it held at the close.

At the third red arrow on December 1, AKAM held at the trendline, indicating, "Okay, I just was kidding.... that really is support."

I like that.  If the stock is lying, I'll stop it out right there.

Yesterday, AKAM took out Friday's high of 49.07, and when it looked like it would close above that, I went ahead and paid 49.10 for it.

AKAM "could" go down and take out my stop, tag the bottom of the Bull Flag, then rally, but I'm not going to like the break of the validated trendline off the Symmetrical Triangle (Green #2 and #4), nor am I going to like the fact that the stock lied to me, telling me that it was "just kidding" about breaking that trendline on the November 28 "Oops!"

:P  :D

I'll stop it out below 47.30 (the low of the third red arrow)