3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

HEB

Started by saffeysite1, June 17, 2005, 09:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bula

Well done Melf.   Good trading!

I'm gonna hold it and trail it with a stop.  I like that it continues to press the hod even as other plays in the sector have retraced.  A nice sign of relative strength.  Personally I think these plays are just starting.  I have a bad feeling that this virus will spread quickly and will not be contained.  The media loves to hype bad news anyway (making it worse than it really is) so with the nice retracement of HEB back to close to last weeks levels, I like the potential to go much higher from here. 

Bula

Melf Elf

#61
Quote from: bula on October 13, 2005, 12:41:17 PM
I'm gonna hold it and trail it with a stop.

Thanks, Bula.  That sounds like a plan, huh?

QuoteI like that it continues to press the hod even as other plays in the sector have retraced.  A nice sign of relative strength. 

Yeah, SVA went to 6.65 and now is in the red at 6.09. How's that for volatility?!

Quote  I have a bad feeling that this virus will spread quickly and will not be contained.  The media loves to hype bad news anyway (making it worse than it really is) so with the nice retracement of HEB back to close to last weeks levels, I like the potential to go much higher from here. 

I sure hope they can contain this thing, but as Michael (Mike) said on another thread, the market trades alot on perception, and the extent of this virus is going to be an unknown factor for awhile, so these stocks likely will have some more rallies, like today.

Good luck, Bula!

fous

HEB's price action made a nice rebound to after the huge retracement. Hopefully this is the beginning of higher prices yet to come again. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. NVAX also made a nice rebound today. Makes me sleep better at night  :D

-fousc
trade it like you mean it!

bula

$2.17 and continuing to climb with a nice slow and steady pace.  Very nice hold thus far.  With the virus reaching Europe this past week, the media attention is getting pretty fierce.  This virus should be in the news for weeks making the avian flu plays great swing trades at a minimum.  HEB should at least test the chart resistance that formed at $2.3 after the runup last week.  Whether it can break that remains to be seen.  But if it does, a breakout to new highs (over last week's $2.58) should occur.

Very Bulllish,
Bula

poorman1


Tuesday, October 18th is expected to be a huge event for the vaccine producing community.  From what I have been hearing, is that a U.S. "Flu Czar" is to be announced, along with how much of the $4 Billion appropriation is to be allocated.

Also, I heard a rumor that Steve Cohen's - SAC Capital Mgmt is buying chunks of NVAX.  The rumor originated that institutional purchases found via Bloomberg service, disclosed trades from the firm.

Having recommended NFLX for quite some time, the trading activity of NFLX was pretty wild on the way up from $11.  Apparently, Cohen's style is to place incongruent trades to disguise the true intentions of the firm.  eg.  taking out all stop losses.  Keep this in mind, if you see any huge short-lived dips.

Good Luck,
poorman1

LiveLife

Hello from the NVAX board.   :)

I wanted to post this here for FYI, since it may affect HEB if Tamiflu is found to be ineffective against Avian virus.  Any thoughts?

News Update - Avian virus now showing resistance to Tamiflu.
 
10/15/2005 07:09:20 AM EDT
Daily Post


ATTEMPTS to control the deadly bird flu could be helping to create a drug resistant form of the virus, new research suggested last night.

Scientists identified a strain of the H5N1 virus in Vietnam resistant to Tamiflu, the drug being stockpiled to fight any outbreak in the UK.

It was found in a Vietnamese girl who was put on a course of preventative treatment with Tamiflu for four days in February.

Medics fear she may be one of the first H5N1 victims to acquire the virus through person-to-person transmission The British government does not plan to offer Tamiflu, one of a class of drugs called neuraminidase inhibitors, to healthy people as a precaution.

But prophylactic (taken as a preventative measure) use of Tamiflu was part of the control measures being adopted in Asian hotspots where about 60 people died from the virus.

The new findings, due to be published in the journal Nature next week, suggest it may be contributing to the emergence of drug resistance.

Viruses and bacteria can become resistant if the treatment used against them was too weak.

Up to now the virus has only been known to pass from birds to humans. At least one other case of transmission between humans has been suspected, but not confirmed.

Health experts fear that if the virus mutates into a form that transmits easily between people it could trigger a global pandemic claiming millions of lives.

A team led by Yoshihiro Kawaoka, from the University of Tokyo in Japan, looked at 10 viral clones from the girl and found six were highly resistant to Tamiflu.

Three others were slightly resistant and one was "highly sensitive".

However even the highly resistant virus did succumb to another drug, zanamivir - marketed as Relenza - which has been suggested as an alternative bird flu treatment but so far not been widely adopted.

A Department of Health spokeswoman said there were no current plans to administer it prophylactically either to members of the public or health workers
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

bula

Bird Flu momo continuing in full force.  HEB pressing $2.20 and looks to make a run to the $2.30 resistance point today.    BCRX and NVAX also looking to run a bit as well.  But based on recent highs, HEB has the most catching up to do.  I'm loving this buy more and more. 

Melf Elf

Quote from: bula on October 17, 2005, 09:56:12 AM
Bird Flu momo continuing in full force.  HEB pressing $2.20 and looks to make a run to the $2.30 resistance point today. 

It's now at 2.32.  

Quote
I'm loving this buy more and more. 

I can see why!  ;D  Nice call on the bird flus, Bula.  Applause.

poorman1

Go HEB and NVAX!


bula

Sold about 80% position at $2.38.    Nice trade to start the new week.  Now setting my focus on Wilma stocks.

ScottishTrader

poorman that's just nasty  >:D

bula - congrats at getting such a good fill - nice little profit to start the week  ;D

Happy trading all :D

Se7en

#71
up 20,59% on record volume!!! :o

Can someone give a technical update? thx
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

fous

Haha poorman thats just disturbing.

Anyways, Awsome day for HEB as well as most of the other bird flu plays.
Heres todays chart.

-fousc
trade it like you mean it!

ScottishTrader

Well looks like today was a major bird flu day all round, and HEB reaped a healthy gain  ;D

while others have moved well (and continue to do so - SVA for example!)  HEB was pulling back most of last week, but got its turn to run...  in fact 3 last 3 sessions have shown a really nice move, which I hope should have more room tomorrow - ideally we want to see it take out the recent high of 2.57 and hold it.  With more bird flu news this week, things could really take off.

Technically, HEB pulled well away from the ascending trendline, and this pattern may have formed a little symmetrical triangle breakout, which would have a target of $3.07 or so.  The MACD is looking quite bullish and is pulling away from its signal line once again, but I would just be a little careful and watch the RSI as it moves into overbought territory - we want to see it push new highs tomorrow, otherwise we may see a pullback to test the new ascending trendline, which right now stands at 1.90 (i.e. not pretty).  Right now I want to see it hold above 2.27, which was the highest previous close, but if I think it's peaked, I may sell quite quickly, as there is still a lot of volatility in this stock.

But great movement today on the whole - nothing like watching a solid breakout on high volume ;D ;D ;D

David Randolph

HEB is mine, I found it and I want it back !

My hands were weak and I was shake out of this Bird Flu play. But now reports came out saying that Tamiflu isn't effective when the virus goes from man to man, so Ampligen might help !

I feel the speculation on this Bird Flu group is just starting, and there will be huge amounts of people and money rushing into these stocks. A speculative bubble may indeed develop on this specific group of stocks.

I'm a speculator, I must be in.