3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

HEB

Started by saffeysite1, June 17, 2005, 09:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REALDEALS21

#105
WOW ! Exploding the last 20 mintues of trading, finishing at HOD, hopefully it gaps up tommorrow too !

Tommorrow, it should know out its 52 week high !

If Ampligen is for real and if there is an analyst upgrade, we can see this HEB go to $8-$9 in no time ! :o


YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

ScottishTrader

I know, how's that for an intraday chart  ;D ;D ;D

Spent most of the day building a nice ascending triangle and then boom :o :o :o

Today's news was certainly good, let's hope there is some solid follow through ;D

ScottishTrader

#107
And HEB is finally getting some solid exposure  ;D

From BusinessWeek Online this afternoon, same article on Forbes:

NOV. 3 3:31 P.M. ET Shares of biopharmaceutical company Hemispherx Biopharma Inc. rallied Thursday after the company said a study has found that its Ampligen drug helps boost the effectiveness of an anti-viral that could be used to fight avian flu.

Hemispherx shares surged 43 cents, or 16 percent, to $3.13 in afternoon trading on the American Stock Exchange. Volume of 3.3 million shares was more than four times average daily volume. The Philadelphia-based company's stock has traded between $1.25 and $3.70 over the past 52 weeks, and is up 65 percent since the year began.

Earlier Thursday, Hemispherx said an independent study at Utah State University found that the company's Ampligen drug, which was designed to treat chronic fatigue syndrome, was found to boost the effectiveness of GlaxoSmithKline PLC's Relenza, an anti-viral drug.

Hemispherx said pairing existing anti-virals and vaccines with a drug that boosts their effectiveness could "permit the use of lower dosages and fewer injections of the anti-virals and vaccines used to combat avian flu, thereby decreasing the cost of both immunization programs and treatment programs for the full-blown disease."
GlaxoSmithKline's American depositary shares rose 34 cents, to $52.30 on the New York Stock Exchange.

Hemispherx's announcement comes just days after President Bush proposed spending $7.1 billion to prepare for the threat of pandemic influenza over three years. Most of the president's plan would direct funding toward increasing domestic vaccine production and stockpiles.

LiveLife

Hi all!  :D

I bought in at $2.99 this morning.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Amarens

I got out at $ 3,15. Have had that sell order standing for over a week. Don't know wether to be happy  :) :) or sad  :'(   :-[.

I'll be happy!!!! :) :) :) :) Nice profit. And one should not look back! I got what I wanted.

Amarens

ScottishTrader

Good for you Amarens, that's what its all about, setting your target and going for it.  Mine is a little higher so I'll hang on a bit more...

REALDEALS21

Here is some news on HEB if anyone cares !
Press Release Source: Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.


Ampligen(R) Currently Administered to 750 ''Very Ill'' Patients Annually
Friday November 4, 4:27 pm ET


PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 4, 2005--Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (AMEX: HEB - News) today reported that it has come to the Company's attention that a CNN Money report entitled "New Drug said to triple Tamilfu supply" dated November 2, 2005 incorrectly states that Ampligen® is currently administered to 75,000 "very ill" patients annually, whereas the actual number is 750 patients annually.
ADVERTISEMENT



logocovet

I'm still in too (since the first time David purchased).

I think with the recent news that it is almost a sure thing Ampligen will get approval.  Even if not in the U.S., some other countries surely will want it (Japan seems like the most likely candidate). 

I'm not really familiar with how the approval process works but read somewhere that the FDA does not need to approve Ampligen for it to be used to combat bird flu.  Bush has also asked for Congress to approve his plan for not making drug companies liable for side effects of bird flu drugs.

I didn't like the action on Friday though as volume was rather high.  I thought it would continue to go up due to late surge on Thursday.  It makes me undecisive when David doesn't sell for any solid reason.  He said he did it to balance his loss in SVA.  Anyone else still in?     

REALDEALS21


ScottishTrader

Unfortunately, we didn't see that higher move, and I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't protect some of my profits once again with HEB.  However, for those that have been discouraged by the last couple days movement, all is not lost.  At the moment, the pps seems to have stabilised on an ascending trendline that goes back to before last week's upside break.  Hopefully it should hold, but a failure of this line would signal serious problems for HEB I think.

I'm looking for a bouce back off this line towards descending resistance, around 3.18 at present, and then further consolidation with a potential upside breakout.  The 3month chart is also still bullish.  Just watch for the downside break, as the last small symmetric triangle broke to the downside.  Here's the intraday chart:

REALDEALS21

After 3 straight down days, it is finally in the GREEN ! ;D

David Randolph

I believe that after a correction to the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level HEB is now ready to rebound and even possibly resume its ascending trend.

Theme stocks like HEB will be back in play over the near future, I believe basic conditions favor them

Maybe the rally wont come this week, I don't know, but I know I want to be in these 3 stocks now: NVAX, HEB and AVII.

la-onda

additional information:
HEB: Short Interest UP 25.5% to 1.1M in Nov 2005

Monday , November 21, 2005 16:16 ET

According to new short interest data from AMEX, short interest for Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (AMEX: HEB) INCREASED 25.5% to 1,117,244 shares for the month ended mid-November, 2005.

SYMBOL      OCTOBER        NOVEMBER          CHANGE       %CHANGE  DAYS/COVER
--------   -------------   -------------   -------------  ------------  ----------
HEB              890,572       1,117,244        +226,672       +25.45%           1
Based on HEB's 20-day average daily share volume of 1,783,980, it would require approximately 1 day(s) of buying to cover this short interest.


David Randolph

#118
We've had some insider buying, which is much more significant than insider selling (there are many reasons for an insider to sell some stocks, but there is only one reason for them to buy: good news coming).

The insider bought just a little below me, he bought between $2.34 and $2.37 and my purchase price was $2.38. Here's the same as NVAX, I already have a 4.62% open profit, so I don't want that to allow that to be turned into a loss.

This means that I'll put a limit stop loss order in the market at $2.38. Concerning the upside ... I don't know, just let the profits run.

(the chart was wrong, I just saw and corrected)

David Randolph

Insiders have been buying, volume was above average, possibly good news, maybe Ampligen related news, will be released shortly, and that would move the stock up immensely.

Anyway, I have a 10% profit now, that was a bit surprising (or not), instead of rushing to take profits I'll let them run. Maybe the stock pulls back, I don't know that, but I do know that letting the profits run is the wise attitude to get above average returns over the long term.

I'll put a stop loss order (or maybe Ramsburg will be watching, most of the times I leave the execution of the trades to him, we work as a team at 3 Stocks on Fire) at my buying price, which was $2.38 and will continue holding.