3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GLGS

Started by David Randolph, June 19, 2005, 06:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

#30
As said I don't like to analyze the intraday, but I've been a day trader in the DAX futures for many years, so I know some tricks ...

Let me tell you this one: if a stock is up a lot in the short term and there's profit taking in the intraday, but the stock holds at or close to previous resistance (now support) and then starts clawing back by the end of the session you got a pretty good clue that the stock will make a new short term high ... that is, if a pullback doesn't turn the trend it just makes it stronger  8)

The higher the buying point the lower the percentage taken out of a sale at the estimated $3.13 end of the month target.

Of course, nothing is 100% guaranteed in the stock market, but market action is corroborating my fundamental views on GLGS.

Daves place

Mr Dave,
I missed out on buying on Monday... would you suggest still getting in. And at what suggested price?


bob839usa

David, English is not your mother tongue; WHAT IS?  Pt=Point= Price.  Simple

goformoney

Between GLGS and BRVO.ON. Which one will have a better short-term gain ?

Ramsburg

#34
Come on guys...  :)

This is a Portfolio Trading Strategy... Not a stock contest ;)

We disclose a lot of our strategy on each «Stock on Fire», David said his target, his reasons and even a specific time-frame for this trade... He (we) can't do much more then that... otherwise we'll have no time to find 3 stocks everyday and to check all the nice picks our members are posting on the other boards ;)

Please, take a look at this post and my reply about this subject on the Feedback board, where we disclose a bit of the philosophy behind the 3SF project:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=769.0

best regards and good trades !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

goformoney

Now I get it.

So I will wait for David's update then  ;)

Ramsburg

Quote from: goformoney on June 20, 2005, 10:00:50 PM
Now I get it.

So I will wait for David's update then  ;)

No problem goformoney  ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

AussieTrader

Quote from: aussietrader on June 20, 2005, 09:58:46 AM
OK I bought also, I like the story behind the action.  Nice volume start and cruised past the 200ema resistance without many issues. Resistanc around $2 to $2.1 area which I hope will turn into support during the days action.
Mike

Closed above 200ema, closed in the $2.00 to $2.10 resistance zone. Resistance is now support.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

eliteG

Quote from: Ramsburg on June 20, 2005, 09:48:21 PM
Come on guys...  :)

This is a Portfolio Trading Strategy... Not a stock contest ;)

We disclose a lot of our strategy on each «Stock on Fire», David said his target, his reasons and even a specific time-frame for this trade... He (we) can't do much more then that... otherwise we'll have no time to find 3 stocks everyday and to check all the nice picks our members are posting on the other boards ;)

What a great point Ramsburg has here. 

This is strategy(trading).  This is warfare(portfolio management) made up of these tiny battles(individual stock plays).  The battleplan is laid out and constantly updated.  The general will move his troops(equity) with precision because of enormous skill gained through   
experience. 

The track record is out there for all to see. :o  Learn as much as you can from a talent like this(David Randolph).  Especially when it is out there for free!  :o

I know that my trading skill has gone way up since finding out about this site.

Lets kick some ass(together)! and lets let the general do his thing!  8)




kressad

Amen eliteG! A-friggin-men!

There is a mountain of talent floating around on this site's boards. What I'm finding difficult is finding a way to soak it all in.

eliteG

QuoteThere is a mountain of talent floating around on this site's boards. What I'm finding difficult is finding a way to soak it all in.

I agree kressad...with this site there is a wealth of knowledge and so I remember this quote(do not recall source):

" To attain knowledge, add things everyday.
  To attain wisdom, remove things everyday. "


Just found this joke...had to post:

A college teacher reminds her class of tomorrow's final exam. "Now class, I won't tolerate any excuses for you not being here tomorrow. I might consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury or illness, or a death in your immediate family but that's it, no other excuses whatsoever!" A smart-ass guy in the back of the room raised his hand and asks, "What would you say if tomorrow I said I was suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?" The entire class does its best to stifle their laughter and snickering. When silence is restored, the teacher smiles sympathetically at the student, shakes her head, and sweetly says, "Well, I guess you'd have to write the exam with your other hand." 


rocket88

David, I believe I called attention to glgs first for us in the stock picking June 17th :-* How bout the recognition ;D

Melf Elf

Quote from: Ramsburg on June 20, 2005, 09:48:21 PM
Come on guys...  :)

We disclose a lot of our strategy on each «Stock on Fire», David said his target, his reasons and even a specific time-frame for this trade... He (we) can't do much more then that...
best regards and good trades !

Very well said, Ramsburg, and thanks to you and David for this fine site!

David Randolph

Let me start by recognizing that rocket88 was the first to bring out GLGS on our Stock Picking Board and I thank him for that (I'm not yet organized enough to participate in all 3SF boards, but I will, someday).

Considering GLGS I believe the stock will reach $3.13 before the end of the month and my money had to be where my mouth is. Off course I'm keeping the stock.

calguy

Seems a little weaker today that past 2 days. Consolidation or weakness???