3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

QLD - QID

Started by cumulina, December 22, 2006, 09:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cumulina

I'm quite simple-minded, and that's why I am now concentrading on these two.

Yesterday I bought QID at 53.10

;D

QID and QLD are exchange traded funds, meaning that you just trade them like you would trade any other stock in your portfolio.

More info can be found here: http://www.proshares.com/

After the great run we have had these past months, I believe that we are close to - or have allready started a decline.

My "gut" feeling is that it is a decline, and not just a correction.
As my "gut" feeling is usually wrong, I'd strongly advise that you do not base any of your own trading on this, but use good common sense and do all the dd you can.

I'll add the charts of QLD and QID - no annotations, as they are clear enough in themselves, and also because I don't know how! ;)
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

nullzero

#1
I bought some QID yesterday, I think you are right the market is going down more from here. We may be sub 12k in the dow sometime next year. Looking at the QID chart it looks very bullish... QID has a strong base in the 50.00s and just passed the 50dma today. The VIX index is also back over the 50dma today.

nullzero

It will be interesting how the earnings come in for the 4th quarter. I believe this holiday season will be below expectations by a great deal. I would start looking at the retailers picking the weakest of the bunch to short.

cumulina

Since it IS Christmas, I'll show you a nice chart - borrowed from an artistic poster on one of InvestorVillage's messageboards.

Happy holidays to all!

Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

nullzero

I wonder what the other side of the tree looks like....

cumulina

#5
QID did well yesterday.

Now lets see what happens after X-mas.

This is so very confusing for me, as I have never before shorted stock - I'm glad that ProShares are doing it for me!
And it seems to work.

I'll attatch a comparison between QID and QLD - almost perfect mirror images of eachother.
I don't know if I'm expecting them to meet again, but personally I wouldn't mind.

I'm long QID, which is short Nasdaq... Ahemm  ???
And to make the confusion even bigger, I see that some are even shorting QID - Can you short a short?  :o
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

la-onda

#6
nice thread cumulina, applaud.
Please check my market concerns in the Members Corner, QID looks very interesting  >:D

nice QID Volume today

Melf Elf

Quote from: la-onda on January 03, 2007, 07:10:36 PM
nice thread cumulina, applaud.

I second that.  Applause, cumulina.  I didn't know that QLD and QID existed.

They certainly are "ultra," aren't they?   At yesterday's low, QlD was down 16.36% from its November high; the QQQQ was down only 5.22% from its November high, so you get a much bigger bang for your buck playing the QID instead of the QQQQ.  It's less liquid, though.  Under half a million shares some days.  The QID looks to have much better volume.

In your QID trade, cumulina, you've got 57.92 IN PLAY from the W-Bottom breakout above 54.40.  The target is near the early November high of 58.46.  The breakout has been sloppy, since the QID has gone above and below the 54.40 breakout, but yesterday's close was 54.45, just above the breakout.  The target is IN PLAY as long as QID trades above 54.40. 

The 8-day Tenkan-sen (solid green line) made a Bullish Cross of the 22-day Kijun-sen (solid red line) on December 14 for the first time since trading began in July, so another positive, in addition to the "W"-Bottom breakout.

The top of the Kumo (Cloud) was  56.96 yesterday; the high was 56.07.  You'd like to see QID close above the Kumo (Cloud).

Another positive is the fact that MACD went above zero for the first time, on December 27.

The "W"-bottom isn't very strong (not very wide), but it does look like it's trying to turn the corner higher.  Yesterday, it penetrated the down trendline (blue) off the July high, intraday.

Good luck!

Se7en

bought some QID today ...
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

ramlau

I shorted FXI. But buying QID and/or DXD sounds like a great idea also.

Ram

Stocky2000

bought qid today ...summer correction might start >:D

boatguy

In with you guys here ;D

This is going to be very interesting! ;)

QID  48.40

la-onda

QID looks promising now

boatguy

#13
Bought more @ $46.96 ;)

boatguy

QID is rocking, up almost 3% ;)