3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 01/22/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 22, 2007, 09:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

EFUT 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=8167185821813946702&hl=en

I'm undecided on EFUT, the news with JNJ looks big but there are no details. There was a significant gap up at the open with volume above average. I see a resistance level at $39.93.

On the fundamental side I didn't find information for the latest 3 quarters ... and generally I find recent IPO stocks as lousy investments/trades.

Good luck though, hard decision on EFUT.

David Randolph

3 minute look on SKNN.OB:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6498476624070211519&hl=en

I had already covered this stock, I'm not a fan of it as you can read on the Penny Stock Picking Board. Now about $72 M market cap and zero sales. Balance sheet is very weak, I fear dilution, and I fear the product won't be so hot, because each pair of skins will cost what, $250?

Can be wrong, though ... good luck guys :)

David Randolph

#17
ION 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=3962327486356750802&hl=en

ION had huge losses over the past 3 quarters, now there's hope of a rescue from a major TV network, but I don't know if that isn't priced in already, seems like it is losing momentum.

The general market is looking tough today.

nica33

Hi David!!  What about JADE ??
Keep it simple !!

David Randolph

Quote from: nica33 on January 22, 2007, 10:53:18 AM
Hi David!!  What about JADE ??

I covered JADE a while back, it looked like a great stock, both from a technical and fundamental standpoint. You have that video here:

JADE 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4903260769825372173&hl=en

Great stock, looks kind of extended now, up about 50% over the last month or so, but perhaps there's still upside here. I'll have a further look, JADE is a good candidate, thanks nica33 :)

David Randolph

VIP 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=1793527333350778416&hl=en

VIP looks like breaking out to new all time high, but this is a $16 B market cap company, we're looking for small cap momentum stocks.

Thanks for VIP, vip ;D

stock

 
         Dave hoW about SNCR

dcrlin


ScottishTrader

What about HOKU?  Looking strong again today after yesterdays pullback.  If it can break 6.54 short term resistance it should be good to go.

dnickers


pompano

David, I am wondering why you decided to sell EXCS.ob on basis of not knowing what November sales were, especially when fundamentals are not supposed to be the sole basis for these trades. ???  I would think with such short term momentum you would look to sell on technical weakness, not specualtion of what sales were in November.  Of course you have to do what you feel is best for the portfolio.  I'll continue to hold and try to add more around .06, Good luck to everyone. ;)

Terliso

#26
Short SIFY -- double top

David Randolph

Quote from: stock on January 22, 2007, 11:22:35 AM
 
Dave hoW about SNCR

3 minute look for SNCR:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-3841516575134520838&hl=en

Valuation is rich, almost half a billion market cap now and not on fire over the short term. There's revenue and profit growth but I guess that is already priced in. I always fear dilution when considering recent IPO stocks.

Thanks for the suggestion stock, good luck on SNCR if you hold it :)

David Randolph

Quote from: ScottishTrader on January 22, 2007, 11:29:56 AM
What about HOKU?  Looking strong again today after yesterdays pullback.  If it can break 6.54 short term resistance it should be good to go.

Hi ScottishTrader, shouldn't you be working on your Phd? ;D

Nevermind, I'm glad you're here :). Well, HOKU is a great speculative stock, but I'm expecting to pick it up at the mid range of the gap opened you know, around $4.20 or so. I don't like successive news and I see fear unfolding when/if it starts filling that gap.

That's when I'll grab it for fundamental reasons and expect it to bounce strongly. I see it as a risky play at current levels, because the market cap more or less reflects the news already ... well, I'm not sure on this, of course, but I'll pass it for now, thanks Scottish :)

tokyopua

#29
Quote from: David Randolph on January 22, 2007, 10:42:05 AM


I had already covered this stock, I'm not a fan of it as you can read on the Penny Stock Picking Board. Now about $72 M market cap and zero sales. Balance sheet is very weak, I fear dilution, and I fear the product won't be so hot, because each pair of skins will cost what, $250?

Can be wrong, though ... good luck guys :)


Totally agreed that SKNN makes no money, dont blame you for not getting in here.  The irony for me is that a company that makes no money has been my biggest gainer since I bought it back a few days ago and this market started going down recently, and also last month (made close to 80% then) but you have to take it where you can get it sometimes...

Chance favors the prepared mind