3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 01/25/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 25, 2007, 09:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Quote from: nullzero on January 25, 2007, 11:37:23 AM
David you analyze short picks? If so CFC is my short pick, earnings are out january 30th one of the top suprime lenders. The subprime industry is doing horrible, many suprime lenders are closing up shop. Here is a nice website tracking the subprime lenders going under http://ml-implode.com/ . Im suprised CFC was still over its 50dma as of earlier today. Volume today is already half of average volume currently down over -2%.

CFC 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=5201856188452475923&hl=en

Man, according to my method, this is one of the cheapest stocks on the market. Earnings can be cut in half and it would still be trading with a below average earnings multiple.

So, I guess the stock is already, at least partially, discounting a big slowdown in the housing market. Technically it may go down to the $39 ascending support or so ... but the long term trend is bullish.

Good luck :)

David Randolph

Quote from: nica33 on January 25, 2007, 12:19:25 PM
STTS  ???

Are you sure that's the ticker symbol nica33?

That stock is trading just $2,000 today ???

David Randolph

#62
Quote from: rudynostalgia on January 25, 2007, 01:21:39 PM
David, some fresh meat just hit the market: IPO today of OCLS. Opened at 8, went to 8.40, dropped below opening and is now trading around 8. Do you do run downs on new stocks? Also, TRMM seems to be trading sideways. Do you think it will go up today? Thanks, rudy

Generally I don't like recent IPO stocks because many times they don't sell enough at the IPO and dilute shareholder's value right after they hit the public market. Also, usually there isn't sufficient financial information to make a trend.

TRMM ... I don't know about today. At $3.11 now, I'm in at $3.18. I see justification for it to rise much higher, but perhaps today is a pause day.

It can be on fire again tomorrow. Stocks do this many times, a strong up move in one day, then a pause after a lower open (the lower open is essential to keep the short term momentum alive), and another leg up on the third day.

I wouldn't mind if it closes around where it is now ...


boatguy

ICCO. ob crazy trading going on with this one-

news of them paying Microsoft? Am I missing something here

Terliso

Quote from: David Randolph on January 25, 2007, 01:32:15 PM
Quote from: nica33 on January 25, 2007, 12:19:25 PM
STTS  ???

Are you sure that's the ticker symbol nica33?

That stock is trading just $2,000 today ???


STTS is trading more than a million today ;)

bjc

Could you review IMOS please David, if you have the fundamental software up and running now?  It made a new high for the current bull run today at 7.40, and the 52 week high is 8.32.  The thing I'm most impressed by is the combination of  revenue growth (in the business of making semi test equipment for the high growth LCD and DDR II spaces, as you might be aware as an AMKR holder), the valuation metrics (PE is about 7, 2006 revenues will be greater than market cap.), and the chart is looking great. 

Thanks for all the hard work you do around here, David.

nica33

STTS.  You're right Terliso.  Actually is @ 8.19 with vol. 1.2 M, 4 times the monthly avg. :)
Keep it simple !!

David Randolph

#67
Quote from: oakhedge on January 25, 2007, 12:51:08 PM
Would love your opinion on FUEL as well, although small market cap.

FUEL 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-3041544544636720602&hl=en

I like FUEL, very low market cap, breaking out above the 50 days moving average today.

I just bought it at $1.56 for the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio. Closed the short on ASIA (I really shouldn't short, I'm lousy at it) at $8.35. I don't want to do day trades because of the pattern day trader rule, but just 1 in a week doesn't put any problem with that rule.

David Randolph

Quote from: nica33 on January 25, 2007, 01:53:37 PM
STTS.  You're right Terliso.  Actually is @ 8.19 with vol. 1.2 M, 4 times the monthly avg. :)

Sorry nica33, my fault, you wrote STTS and I noted down STTC ::)

I'll cover just that one more STTS and WWAT.OB, today is my grandmother's 76 birthday and I need to move on to her party.

More stocks tomorrow, thanks for your participation :)


David Randolph

Quote from: bjc on January 25, 2007, 01:47:27 PM
Could you review IMOS please David, if you have the fundamental software up and running now?  It made a new high for the current bull run today at 7.40, and the 52 week high is 8.32.  The thing I'm most impressed by is the combination of  revenue growth (in the business of making semi test equipment for the high growth LCD and DDR II spaces, as you might be aware as an AMKR holder), the valuation metrics (PE is about 7, 2006 revenues will be greater than market cap.), and the chart is looking great. 

Thanks for all the hard work you do around here, David.

If what you say is accurate (and I don't doubt that it is) then IMOS deserves more than a 3 minute look. I'll try to make a full video analysis on it for tomorrow's session (it's a 10 minute video with fundamental graphs that I usually do on the Premium area).

Now I don't have time, I'll have to leave in about 20 minutes or so ...

Thanks :)

boatguy


nica33

#71
Dave, I think this could be interesting for your IMOS analysis ;)

...and STTS too....
Keep it simple !!

Stocky2000

Quote from: ket1390 on January 25, 2007, 12:36:10 PM
FUEL momentum begins !! ....watch

great that you bought david....looks very good target ? MA 200 ?

boatguy


bjc

NAWL.ob...quite a move, currently up 187.5%, but the market cap is only 465k even after almost tripling in a day.  That has to be one of the smallest market caps I've ever seen.

And I'm pretty sure Yahoo's EPS information on IMOS is incorrect.  You can check the IMOS thread in the Previous 3sof and the IMOS thread in the regular Stock Picking forum for some awesome fundamental charts from la-onda.  I know Yahoo doesn't have all the quarterly Income Statement info, but it's easily found in those 2 threads, thanks to la-onda.