3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 01/26/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 26, 2007, 09:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudynostalgia

TRMM is starting its move......

David Randolph

Quote from: nica33 on January 26, 2007, 12:03:00 PM
:) Hello David!!

In the 3SOF portfolio, since you shorted ASIA, are the buy and sell prices inverted?  or the profit is wrong...

I think it is right, I sold short at $8.37, bought to cover at $8.35, so, 0.24% profit, right?

Anyway, the total return doesn't count with the percentage changes but with the actual $ changes.

ASIA at $7.88 now ... I was right, but almost didn't make any money on it.

bjc


tokyopua

ZANE.OB - huge volume relative to average, big news, negatrive momentum for now and mixed financials, but might be worth keeping on watch.
Chance favors the prepared mind

David Randolph

IVAN 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=5057470160556931386&hl=en

Already $295 M market cap company, losing money, but assets seem to justify the current valuation, at least considering the way they're valued on the balance sheet.

Not on fire today. I don't consider it overvalued or cheap. I'm neutral.

Good luck on IVAN  :)

David Randolph

QuoteI have been looking all morning and the closest thing I could find that was somewhat ntersting was NMXC.OB, but its liquidity isnt great and about to run into resistance.  Its volume is good relative to its average, but I dont see good news for why its up 50%...  I will keep looking...

NMXC.OB is trading just about $100 K today, it's not worth the effort. In fact I think I'm going to add a new rule to FAQ, "No stocks with less than $500,000 volume traded allowed", what do you think Tokyo and others?

tokyopua

Quote from: David Randolph on January 26, 2007, 12:51:08 PM
QuoteI have been looking all morning and the closest thing I could find that was somewhat ntersting was NMXC.OB, but its liquidity isnt great and about to run into resistance.  Its volume is good relative to its average, but I dont see good news for why its up 50%...  I will keep looking...

NMXC.OB is trading just about $100 K today, it's not worth the effort. In fact I think I'm going to add a new rule to FAQ, "No stocks with less than $500,000 volume traded allowed", what do you think Tokyo and others?

That might be a good idea, and its easy for those of us using scans to add that to our scans.
Chance favors the prepared mind

bocasva

Quote from: tokyopua on January 26, 2007, 12:39:50 PM
ZANE.OB - huge volume relative to average, big news, negatrive momentum for now and mixed financials, but might be worth keeping on watch.

I second ZANE.OB,  should we bottom fish this one and catch the rebound?

kslifka

Quote from: tokyopua on January 26, 2007, 12:55:36 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on January 26, 2007, 12:51:08 PM
QuoteI have been looking all morning and the closest thing I could find that was somewhat ntersting was NMXC.OB, but its liquidity isnt great and about to run into resistance.  Its volume is good relative to its average, but I dont see good news for why its up 50%...  I will keep looking...

NMXC.OB is trading just about $100 K today, it's not worth the effort. In fact I think I'm going to add a new rule to FAQ, "No stocks with less than $500,000 volume traded allowed", what do you think Tokyo and others?

That might be a good idea, and its easy for those of us using scans to add that to our scans.

One problem with this rule is if one catches an attractive stock early in the day.  Like yesterday and OFI.  I would say people should be prudent with their stock requests.

mbaugh

I think that is an excellent rule David!  The only problem is, will people take the time to figure up the dollar amount of trades before submitting it to you for review?  Also another idea, could Ramsburg create a list that is visible on the screen that lists all the stocks you have covered and the date you covered it beside the stock symbol so that you will save time.  This way before anyone posts a stock for your review, they can check the list to see if it has already been posted.  This will save you time and headache!  Just trying to make your job easier! Keep up the excellent work, at this rate, I believe the 3 stocks on fire will surpass your main portfolio by years end!

Mbaugh

David Randolph

QuoteOne problem with this rule is if one catches an attractive stock early in the day.  Like yesterday and OFI.  I would say people should be prudent with their stock requests.

Yes kslifka, OFI was your suggestion, right? Let me increase your rating 3 points for that :)

But, OFI with 150,000 shares or so was already above $500,000, and when you mentioned it was already way above 150 K traded, right?

Got your point, though.

David Randolph

Quote from: bocasva on January 26, 2007, 12:58:34 PM
Quote from: tokyopua on January 26, 2007, 12:39:50 PM
ZANE.OB - huge volume relative to average, big news, negatrive momentum for now and mixed financials, but might be worth keeping on watch.

I second ZANE.OB,  should we bottom fish this one and catch the rebound?

You're really excited about ZANE.OB, up 75% now but with a big dip from the highs, let me put that one in front of others and cover it right away !

Ramsburg

Quote from: mbaugh on January 26, 2007, 01:01:07 PM
I think that is an excellent rule David!  The only problem is, will people take the time to figure up the dollar amount of trades before submitting it to you for review?  Also another idea, could Ramsburg create a list that is visible on the screen that lists all the stocks you have covered and the date you covered it beside the stock symbol so that you will save time.  This way before anyone posts a stock for your review, they can check the list to see if it has already been posted.  This will save you time and headache!  Just trying to make your job easier! Keep up the excellent work, at this rate, I believe the 3 stocks on fire will surpass your main portfolio by years end!

Mbaugh

Hi mbaugh,

We are working on that right now (list of stocks covered). We already have a list here: http://www.3stocksonfire.org/video_analysis.php
But its not completely updated as we are still creating the correct coding for it, thanks for the suggestion.

regards ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

David Randolph

#43
3 minute look for ZANE.OB:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-2764748414666445765&hl=en

This one is hard to value. Don't like the chart at all. There will be dilution, because balance sheet shows negative working capital.

But fundamental value can be much superior ... we're talking about a $45 B program through 5 years, so $9 B a year. But divided by how many companies? What's ZANE's share? Hard to know. If you have the time, dig it, thank you !

David Randolph

#44
Ok, found this for ZANE:

DHS Eagle contracts go to 25 companies

These 25 are the big boys getting most of the pie. ZANE is just a small player in this:

«The 25 companies selected were for what DHS refers to as the "unrestricted track" bidders, which are larger companies. DHS officials have said that there will be a significant small business presence for the EAGLE program.»

Don't like ZANE here with $70 M market cap. Can be wrong though. Good luck :)