3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 01/29/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 29, 2007, 09:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnickers


spiritgate

How about ckys.pk  Don't know if you look at pink sheets.
Marie

lancefur

feliz aniversário, david. Sorry that is about the extent of my portuguese.  ;D
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

boatguy

#18
OPGX making a move, no idea what is up yet ;)

Pulling back now- anyone?

Update: News- not all that great


David Randolph

Quote from: willbrich on January 29, 2007, 09:53:40 AM
Happy Birtday!

SLGLF.OB

Thanks.

Thanks willbrich :)

I've already studied SLGLF.OB, let me see if I find it ... yes, here it is:

«SGLF.OB 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=3616214565873423607&hl=en

I don't think the news is significant enough. SLGLF.OB has a story of deceiving investors and it still is a $55 M market cap company. Chart is bullish, though.»

boatguy

TBV starting to get some volume!

cramercramer


David Randolph

Quote from: buckshot46 on January 29, 2007, 10:09:07 AM
I'm a newbie....would like your opinion on three biotechs...DNDN, NKTR, NVD

THANKS AHEAD
BUCKSHOT46

I'm sorry buckshot46, but I need to be humble and recognize that I don't know enough to cover biotechnology stocks. There are 480 of them on the stock market and very few have revenues and profits to show. It is a sector that I try to avoid.

To make a fair evaluation of them I would need to study their pipeline, the market potential, compare their findings with competitors, it is a very hard work and one can be deceived. It is a sector I don't understand very well and I don't know how to value (for example, I can't measure the impact of a news item on the market cap).

Anyway, if you value just a technical input, I can provide it, but I'll avoid making fundamental considerations on those stocks, at least with the current knowledge I have on the sector.

Two biotechs that I like are VPHM and ASPV, but those are profitable biotech companies.

Thanks for the suggestion, though :)

WallStreetnBio

short ESLR? its up big on no news...i think it will be given back tomorrow
#1  CDS
#2  XING

dnickers

Hey David - How about ADST?  They have some PR out today, revenues have been growing, although they're not quite profitable - balance sheet looks good, assets/liab around 3...up 10% or so today on decent volume...

David Randolph

Quote from: tokyopua on January 29, 2007, 10:16:43 AM
Happy Birthday David!  Feliz aniversario!  Hope you ate your fill of that lobster, sounds good  :D

Given your previous analysis, EVCC might be a short candidate here soon, currently trading at 7.22, wicked parabolic.

Yes, EVCC is quite incredible, $250 M market cap, $0 revenues, just $285 K in equity, I really don't know what's going on with the stock to be up so much with such an heavy volume, I would like to congratulate some of the people that have suggested the stock and kindly ask for them to educate me on why it is moving up so dramatically.

I don't know about shorting this sky rocket, there probably are easier stocks to go short outthere, shorting is already risky enough, not considering a stock that is up more than 20% with very heavy volume.

bjc

Happy Birthday, David..

I remember you talking about covering IMOS last week, but I could never find it, if you did.  I was just curious as to whether that was still in your plans. 

David Randolph

Quote from: prodigykid6 on January 29, 2007, 11:21:33 AM
short ESLR? its up big on no news...i think it will be given back tomorrow

It looks like the whole alternative energy sector is in play today, these are macro funds and investors entering the market, I wouldn't get in front of them, even though ESLR looks overvalued.

In fact, over the short term, ESLR chart will look quite bullish if the stock is able to close where it stands now.

Good luck :)

nullzero


BigSully1