3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 01/29/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 29, 2007, 09:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Quote from: nullzero on January 29, 2007, 02:28:48 PM
Short on fire RDWR?

RDWR 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-8781151159074150907&hl=en

Yeah, perhaps a good short opportunity, but revenues were up this latest quarter when compared to the previous 3 quarters, so I don't know. About $240 M market cap for $81.4 M in sales isn't the most expensive I've ever seen.

I guess the stock will go down some over time, but I don't think it will collapse another 20 or 30% over the short term.

Anyway, I can be wrong, good luck nullzero (and turn that head into long positions on other stocks - just kidding, go with your own analysis)

David Randolph

There was an SEC form 4 just out for TRMM saying a former director of the company (he resigned on 1/1/2007) has sold 40,131 shares at $2.93 on Wednesday.

Anyway, he had just 15,000 shares more, so I don't expect more selling pressure coming from him.

I think all weak hands are out of board now, TRMM can/should push up and breakout above $3.3 !

WallStreetnBio

i cant believe i didn't short EVCC.ob

good call whoever said that one!
#1  CDS
#2  XING

David Randolph

I wish you had the chance to buy SILC, it can go up more than 40 or 45% today :)

boatguy


David Randolph

Quote from: prodigykid6 on January 29, 2007, 03:13:09 PM
i cant believe i didn't short EVCC.ob

good call whoever said that one!

Yes, what an incredible reversal, I always thought the stock was full of air. Tokyopua made the short call, supergeek made the long one, and they were both right :)

supergeek

Look out below, here comes EVCC, i bailed all my remaining shares when i saw it crumbling. Wish i knew enough to short. all in all, best trade ever.
Bob

Curret Holdings: CRAP, SHIT, POO

pompano

DYMTF.OB  Symetrical triangle breakout, hot alternative energy.

David Randolph

Quote from: pompano on January 29, 2007, 03:40:20 PM
DYMTF.OB  Symetrical triangle breakout, hot alternative energy.

Now they're into alternative energy? (previously they were into selling a film to wrap food or something) I dislike that stock, read my 3 minute look on a previous page of this thread pompano. Good luck :)

David Randolph

Quote from: supergeek on January 29, 2007, 03:20:44 PM
Look out below, here comes EVCC, i bailed all my remaining shares when i saw it crumbling. Wish i knew enough to short. all in all, best trade ever.

Gee, I'm glad you got out and made an incredible trade on the long side, down 33% as we speak, after being up more than 30% on the day :o

The people that bought high and were not quick or disciplined enough to get out fast are burning now. Well, I guess they got what they deserved, by not paying any attention to the fundamentals of what they were buying.

Anyway, this goes to show that everything is possible in the stock market, even a worthless piece of paper going to a value of $300 M.

This is the classic pump and dump made by professionals. If you want to sell a big quantity of paper to the public, first make the stock rise as high as you can with a lot of transactions (even if they are made with you buying and selling to yourself using several accounts, to create a market), and then dump on the way down. I bet people will be attracted to this stock all the way down to below $1.

If I were you supergeek, I would buy flowers for your mom and never, ever, touch this stock again. It's a devil's stock >:D

nullzero

Man I missed the short on fire EVCC :(. I covered RDWR for a 2% loss. Doing ok today thanks because of David's recommendation on buying SILC and a SPPI buy today as well.

David Randolph

Quote from: 422fwhp on January 29, 2007, 02:29:48 PM
Hello and happy birthday!

FUEL please.

...then, take a break and go to the park with your kids  ;)

Thanks 422fwhp :)

I had enough of party today already, I'll play with them after the market closes :)

Here's my current take on FUEL, good luck:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-5554588334383423620&hl=en

WallStreetnBio

Not to be a pest Dave but ESLR is way overbought...I think its a easy short.
#1  CDS
#2  XING

David Randolph

#73
Quote from: prodigykid6 on January 29, 2007, 04:05:16 PM
Not to be a pest Dave but ESLR is way overbought...I think its a easy short.

How can you call a stock that is down 50% over the last 10 months "overbought"?

Moreover, "overbought" is not a good reason to sell anyway (and "oversold" is also a poor motive to buy)

Why are you so much into shorting? Longer term it is a loser's game, because your maximum possible reward is just 100% (unless you're using margin) and the risk is much higher than that. If I were into shorting this market (which I ain't, because we're in a bull market), I would use futures or options, not stocks.

Anyway, good luck prodigykid6 :)

David Randolph

#74
Ok, the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio closed up again today, by 3.98% to $21,394, up 42.63% from $15,000 on January 22, 2007.

Thanks for your participation, see you tomorrow :)