3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 01/30/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 30, 2007, 09:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickjust

eght moving on good volume
maxi

David Randolph

Quote from: bdaffi on January 30, 2007, 01:44:51 PM
CPNE.ob

On fire today.  Have you looked at this one?

Never, this is a first, thanks a lot bdaffi :)

CPNE.OB 3 minute video:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-6574457511969150864&hl=en

(if the video doesn't work, please use this link)

- Revenues are growing exponentially on a quarterly basis and the company is extremely profitable, with a net profit margin of 40.8% in Q3 :o

- Profitable for the last two quarters

- EPS of $0.06 in Q3. Annualize this and get $0.24 for a full year (but it will grow, no doubt about it), so, the forward earnings multiple is 8.7

- Balance sheet is healthy

- Company is buying back shares, because it considers them undervalued

- The chart is extremely bullish.

Good for short term and I'll see if it is also beautiful for the long term, because these successful internet business models are exactly what I'm looking for in terms of long term investments.

David Randolph

I guess Q4 results will be even better than Q3 for CPNE.OB:

• Commerce Planet's Consumer Loyalty Group Sets New Record for Monthly Memberships; Third Consecutive Month of Order Growth
PR Newswire (Thu, Jan 4)

«GOLETA, Calif., Jan. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Commerce Planet, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: CPNE - News) announced today that its subsidiary, Consumer Loyalty Group, enrolled an all-time monthly record of 71,971 paid memberships for December, 2006. This represented an astounding 50% month-over-month increase in paid memberships from November.»

«Commerce Planet CEO Michael Hill stated, "Our surge in record order volume continued for the third consecutive month. It is clear that we are continuing to reach and exceed our performance expectations. We attribute our dramatic growth to our expansion into International markets, the launch of our new products, our Costa Rican call center and continued growth of Onlinesupplier.com. I am excited to report the results of this surge in order volume as it translates into increased top and bottom line revenue."

Commerce Planet anticipates filing its Annual 10-KSB earnings report in the later part of February.»

kslifka

GOAM...just wondered if you were thinking of getting back in that one.  I know it's not on fire today...but it is Getting close to the 50dma...and as of late it keeps bouncing of 7.90.

David Randolph

Quote from: kslifka on January 30, 2007, 02:49:01 PM
GOAM...just wondered if you were thinking of getting back in that one.  I know it's not on fire today...but it is Getting close to the 50dma...and as of late it keeps bouncing of 7.90.

Absolutely kslika, you read my thoughts :)

I'm planning to buy it before it presents Q4 results.

David Randolph

#65
In fact, I just bought GOAM for the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio, at $8.45.

Justification next, but you can start by reading its thread on the Previous 3 SOF Picks Message Board: Last minute call: GOAM

In short, GOAM is a $19 M market cap company, that is experiencing strong revenue growth. I expect it to be profitable in 2007 and probably in 2008, but probably not much profitable over the long run, because its business consists in helping the deaf and speech impaired community, though IP relay and video relay services, which you can find on their website: www.i711.com

Their service is free, they get paid through a FCC fund. That fund is about $500 M to be distributed through about 8 players in the market, but on a cost reimbursement basis for the whole industry (so, individual players can make a profit, but over the long term the overall industry can't, because they keep adjusting the fund's size to the cost of providing the service).

Anyway, GOAM can show very positive EPS numbers for the next few quarters.

Technically, the stock has been on a consolidation phase, but holding very, very well. It can breakout to new highs above $11 anytime.

Good luck :)

lancefur

I have to learn not to eat lunch. I go and when I come back the 3SOF has changed. Looks like the prices are higher than 3SOF entry which makes me not want this. I already bought TRMM today so I will wait and see what tomorrow brings unless of course someone were to persuade my thinking here but ti seems I missed my chance.  :( 

Stupid lunch...
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

David Randolph

Quote from: lancefur on January 30, 2007, 03:12:29 PM
I have to learn not to eat lunch. I go and when I come back the 3SOF has changed. Looks like the prices are higher than 3SOF entry which makes me not want this. I already bought TRMM today so I will wait and see what tomorrow brings unless of course someone were to persuade my thinking here but ti seems I missed my chance.  :( 

Stupid lunch...

Don't worry Lance. TRMM held very well even with some people here selling. It can shoot upwards without my weak hands on board. The other stocks I'm buying, CPNE.OB I'm planning to buy it for the long term after some more tests and study.

GOAM you probably know its story already, very small cap growing company, but not to own for the long term, due to the nature of its business model.

lancefur

I agree with the GOAM story. I rode the last wave with you and cashed out somewhere around a 65% return. Thanks for the confidence on TRMM. I am generally a long term kind of guy but once in a while, I wanna ride that short term wave. It's all too exciting not to but I agree with the original outlook for TRMM and will most likely try and hold for at least 4-6 weeks and see what happens.

To
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

WallStreetnBio

Dave, I can't explain how much I love you.  :-*  Keep up the good work. ;D
#1  CDS
#2  XING

boatguy

OK in with you on CPNE @ $2.21 ;)

bjc

Joined CPNE.ob party at 2.16.

David Randolph

Quote from: waverider on January 30, 2007, 11:34:23 AM
thanks David on WEL....what is the next resistant you see for UPDA.OB

3 minute look for UPDA.OB:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-947339654634384652&hl=en

(if the video doesn't work, please use this link)

There was a press release out today, that's why it is up so much, but I dislike the chart and the fundamentals.

Good luck though :)

David Randolph

#73
Quote from: lancefur on January 30, 2007, 03:28:32 PM
I agree with the GOAM story. I rode the last wave with you and cashed out somewhere around a 65% return. Thanks for the confidence on TRMM. I am generally a long term kind of guy but once in a while, I wanna ride that short term wave. It's all too exciting not to but I agree with the original outlook for TRMM and will most likely try and hold for at least 4-6 weeks and see what happens.

To

Yes Lance, this portfolio is hard to follow. That is why I never make intraday trades or recommendations on the Main Portfolio, for subscribers to be able to have a relaxed life and still get above average returns.

Also, these fast moves are only possible because I'm trading with little money here, it would be impossible to make it with a diversified portfolio.

The goal is to turn a small trading account into a respectable trading account, where it is possibly to diversify and employ long term investment strategies, because the big money is on the big moves, not in short term individual fluctuations.

I wonder if my combination of technical & fundamental expertise will be able to pull out this goal, I would be very happy if I could, because then I would know I could always turn a small account into a mid size $150,000 trading account.

But that's still long, long way from here, I know there will be ups and downs, but for as long as I keep fighting and you keep helping me, everything is possible :)

oakhedge

Could not be happier with the results so far, thanks David!