3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 01/30/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 30, 2007, 09:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nullzero

Nice pick david CPNE on fire!

boatguy

Nice gap at the close for CPNE

BadOscar

First day on your board. Impresive, looking forward to comeing back.

David Randolph

#78
Thanks guys :)

When I saw CPNE's fundamentals, chart and business model I immediately made a WOW !!!

I wish I bought more of the stock, for longer term purposes, perhaps I'll have to chase it higher tomorrow. But I'm not worried about short term timing, because if what I saw is completely true, this can be a multi bagger (on a longer term time frame).

I was feeling somewhat complacent holding TRMM and OFI, although the fundamental case on both looks compelling (especially on OFI, it's more safe than TRMM), to achieve a truly outstanding short term performance, I need to keep switching from one stock on fire to another, jumping around and always buying top performers.

Let's see how this plays out going forward, for now it was the eight consecutive day of gains (I'll post final results in a moment when I close the board for today).

Unfortunately there were some potentially good stocks that I wasn't able to cover today, like NMKT.OB, SUF, GMST, SPAB and TGX, some huge moves there too, congrats if you hold them

2bun

Hi David,i bought pact yesterday in the 6.50's and gnbt today @1.74 ish as there seems to be more bird flu talk in the news recently and apparently they're attending a conference. Pact finished strong today,they really like to dick around with this one,it requires some patience but has had a string of really good pr's recently.What are your thoughts? Thanks

David Randolph

Quote from: 2bun on January 30, 2007, 04:14:38 PM
Hi David,i bought pact yesterday in the 6.50's and gnbt today @1.74 ish as there seems to be more bird flu talk in the news recently and apparently they're attending a conference. Pact finished strong today,they really like to dick around with this one,it requires some patience but has had a string of really good pr's recently.What are your thoughts? Thanks

Please make that request for analysis again tomorrow 2bun, I'm going for dinner now, thanks :)

David Randolph

#81
Ok, time to be with the family, thanks a lot for your suggestions, I keep learning a lot from this experience.

Final results for today were that the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio rose again, by 4%, to an overall gain of 48% since inception just 8 sessions ago.

I don't expect this torrid pace to continue, but I do expect to continue making money on balance, towards my medium term goal of turning a $15,000 trading account into a $150,000 investment account.

Again, thanks a lot for your help, see you tomorrow :)


Michael

#82
Hmmm.... David seems to have forgot that he gave me the key to this thread so let me abuse his trust  ;)

I am probably not the only one who missed the CPNE train today. (or maybe I was - when will I learn that I dont need to read all the SEC filings before I buy a stock David has cleared  :-[). Anyhow I dont think it is too late. With the excitement around CPNE I might not buy at the opening but I will buy the stock tomorrow.

This chart tells more than thousand words:



Remember to Applaud Lucas Scott as well. He brought CPNE to 3SOF a few days ago! We are now more than 8,500 members and I have to say that it is very rare to find a micro cap stock that has not been brought up in this forum before it runs. Keep come up with all these great picks  >:D

Quote from: 2bun on January 30, 2007, 04:14:38 PM
Hi David,i bought pact yesterday in the 6.50's and gnbt today @1.74 ish as there seems to be more bird flu talk in the news recently and apparently they're attending a conference.

Hi 2bun

I share your pessimism about Bird Flu and bullishness on Bird Flu stocks. I think we will see a few Bird Flu stocks in the portfolio in the months to come  ;)

Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.