3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 02/12/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 12, 2007, 09:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Good morning :)

As promised I took a more in depth look at BULK, BULKW and BULKU and I found out that BULKW is a convertible warrant that allows you to buy one BULK share at $5, so, with BULK at $6.65 its intrinsic value is $1.65 (although there's more than intrinsic value to add, like the speculative premium, time, etc). But with BULK shares below $5, BULKW is worth $0 or close to zero, so it is a very risky proposition.

BULKU are units that allow you to have two BULKW warrants and 1 share of BULK for each BULKU owned. That puts BULKU's intrinsic value at $6.65 + ($1.65*2) = $9.95.

I think BULKW and BULKU are risky assets and are trading somewhat above fair value.

As for BULKU shares, these warrants are convertible into 65,550,000 shares of common stock, and that more than doubles the current market cap, erasing the potential that I saw on my first attempt at analyzing the stock.

I'm not willing to sell the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio's current holdings today.

But let's have some suggestions to study other stocks, thank you for your participation :)

nullzero

CPST moving today up +7% volume over 200k already.

nullzero

REFR on the move volume over 100k on its way over 4% now.

WallStreetnBio

ONSM

It's not profitable yet but it is growing well.  I like the insider purchases the last couple of months.  They are also doing business with Fortune 100 companies. Technicals look strong.

Here are some recent news
'Hillary Clinton for President' Campaign Relies on Onstream Media for Webcast Series

Onstream Media Corporation Fiscal 2006 Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year End Conference Call Recap
#1  CDS
#2  XING

David Randolph

Quote from: nullzero on February 12, 2007, 09:35:49 AM
CPST moving today up +7% volume over 200k already.

Technically CPST's move can only be interpreted as a rebound in a descending trend.

Fundamentally the company lost "just" $8.5 M in the calendar 2006 4th quarter, less than the $10.4 M it lost in Q3, but not enough to push this stock much higher, given that it is a $95 M market cap company already, with calendar 2006 sales of just $22.76 M and huge losses every quarter.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

nullzero


David Randolph

Quote from: nullzero on February 12, 2007, 09:39:06 AM
REFR on the move volume over 100k on its way over 4% now.

Yep, technically REFR looks quite bullish. I guess I failed to see the impact of Hitachi's news on the company. Still, I maintain that this is a $170 M market cap company with just $158 K in revenues over the last four quarters and a book value of just $3 M.

When it goes down it will tank hard, I would avoid REFR, despite the chart.

Great run so far, though :)

David Randolph

Press release from CPNE.OB:

• Commerce Planet Will Release Q-4 2006 Guidance at the 19th Annual Roth Capital Partners Conference
PR Newswire (Mon 10:06am)

Ten days to go to the big news ! I'll just sit tight holding CPNE.OB.

nullzero


kpusan

GGBM .. very nice this morning .. still holding 1/2 shares from Friday morning

nullzero

GGBM up over 10%
TRMM also moving again up over 10%

David Randolph

Quote from: prodigykid6 on February 12, 2007, 09:39:58 AM
ONSM

It's not profitable yet but it is growing well.  I like the insider purchases the last couple of months.  They are also doing business with Fortune 100 companies. Technicals look strong.

Here are some recent news
'Hillary Clinton for President' Campaign Relies on Onstream Media for Webcast Series

Onstream Media Corporation Fiscal 2006 Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year End Conference Call Recap

Yes, I like ONSM ... it was a shame that I was thrown out of board due to short term volatility when I held it. My hands were weak on ONSM due to the losses you're referring to (and the weak balance sheet), but I think the future is bright for ONSM, especially with video on the web getting a lot of traction as it is happening now.

But I'm not sure, I would have to disrespect fundamental analysis to buy it, because the balance sheet shows negative working capital and that almost always leads to dilution.

I'm neutral on ONSM.


la-onda

NTRZ on fire, your comments David please

David Randolph

Quote from: nullzero on February 12, 2007, 10:17:58 AM
nice news :)

Well, it wasn't news, since on previous press releases they already said they would release 4th quarter results by the end of February. Now we just know CPNE's CEO, Michael Hill, will provide some guidance just before that ... not really market moving news.

David Randolph

Quote from: kpusan63 on February 12, 2007, 10:20:27 AM
GGBM .. very nice this morning .. still holding 1/2 shares from Friday morning

This really ain't my kind of chart, but good luck :)