3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 02/12/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 12, 2007, 09:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokyopua

Quote from: nullzero on February 12, 2007, 11:45:43 AM
ONXX has been just exploding to the upside!

Thanks for the heads up, in at 22.67, looking to maybe sell around 23.50.
Chance favors the prepared mind

MrChina

Quote from: David Randolph on February 12, 2007, 11:30:00 AM
Quote from: KCScott on February 12, 2007, 10:40:17 AM
TRMM back on fire today

Good looking chart

The stock surely threw all weak hands out of board, with Friday's dip below $2.78. I would be glad to see it run above the $3.30 resistance level, towards $4 - $5, I know some people here still hold TRMM. I still trust the fundamental equation I made some days ago that told me TRMM is worth more than $6 a share with the current public information, perhaps I should have bought it for the Main.

Good luck to all patient holders of TRMM :)

Thank's!!! ;D ;D ;D

MrChina

VEGF...on fire very soon

CBTE...interesting spike today...but low news about the merger....

David Randolph

Quote from: makingmoney on February 12, 2007, 10:58:54 AM
PFSW - my concern is the gross margin. they are pretty low. Just looked 10Q breifly, the product segment only have 6%? (not certain about the number).  ecost.com is just an online also runs and will never be profitable. however, PFSW does show good growth in service segment (which have higher margin). Just my 2 cents and I can be totally wrong. good luck

I agree, gross margin in Q3 2006 was just 11.7%.

Why do you say www.ecost.com will never be profitable? www.tigerdirect.com, a competitor, is very, very profitable. I think long term average annual e-commerce growth of 20% plus will lift all boats, www.ecost.com inclusive, which is expected to sell $140 M in 2007.

Also consider that PFSW is trading at 1/10 of annual revenues and below book value.

Thanks for your 2 cents on PFSW makingmoney :)

David Randolph

Quote from: la-onda on February 12, 2007, 10:25:52 AM
NTRZ on fire, your comments David please

La-onda, la-onda, you really like to tease me bringing up stocks that I don't understand >:D ... and you never answer when I ask you why you like these strange, strange stocks.

NTRZ.OB, for example. It is a $247 M market cap company with just $17 M in revenues over the last four quarters. If they made software, an internet based business or something like that, perhaps I could understand ... but rice?

I've been wrong on that stock (as it is breaking out to new highs), but I can't see the point of buying such an overvalued (at least in terms of revenue multiple) stock. Again, can you please explain to me why you like NTRZ.OB?

Thank you :)

tokyopua

Quote from: tokyopua on February 12, 2007, 12:27:26 PM
Quote from: nullzero on February 12, 2007, 11:45:43 AM
ONXX has been just exploding to the upside!

Thanks for the heads up, in at 22.67, looking to maybe sell around 23.50.

Out for a quick 6% gain, maybe it can go higher but I wont complain getting that out of a stock that is up almost 100% lol  8)
Chance favors the prepared mind

makingmoney

Quote from: David Randolph link=topic=8923.msg88123#msg88123

Why do you say www.ecost.com will never be profitable?
/quote]

David, this is just my guess. I agree a lot boat will be lifed by e-commerce growth. ecost may be one of them. It just that it need some proof of that. may be a strong number in Q4 can do that.

David Randolph

Quote from: nullzero on February 12, 2007, 10:21:18 AM
GGBM up over 10%
TRMM also moving again up over 10%

GGBM up over 10% in the morning, down over 10% in the afternoon. Those descending resistances can really kill a stock. Now, where's the floor?

I hope kpusan63 sold his other half.

David Randolph

#38
ETLT.OB is trading at the $0.79 support, prior resistance level. I think the stock will rebound towards the close, the current level is somewhat crucial from a technical standpoint.

Fundamentals look very attractive to me, as I've studied some of the company's recent businesses. They're not sexy, but profitable.

ETLT.OB is trading at about four times estimated (by me) 2007 EPS of $0.20. It should be at least a $2 stock, not $0.79. I'll have strong hands with this one.

kpusan

Quote from: David Randolph on February 12, 2007, 01:01:28 PM
Quote from: nullzero on February 12, 2007, 10:21:18 AM
GGBM up over 10%
TRMM also moving again up over 10%

GGBM up over 10% in the morning, down over 10% in the afternoon. Those descending resistances can really kill a stock. Now, where's the floor?

I hope kpusan63 sold his other half.

David, after the stock hit $4.30 which was around Friday's high I placed a stop under $4 and was stopped out $3.88. I was in at $3.05 and $3.08

Moving on!!! :P

2bun

Hi David,i know you don't like bio's but GENR is definately on fire.Got in this one last [email protected],any thoughts?

cramercramer

Agree about NTTL with David. I like "sleepers" without resistance .Can be very nice play.

nullzero

#42
NTMD running up +15%
ADZA up over 50% as well.

Healthcare sector seems to be getting played today.

David Randolph

Quote from: 2bun on February 12, 2007, 01:16:31 PM
Hi David,i know you don't like bio's but GENR is definately on fire.Got in this one last [email protected],any thoughts?

Well, GENR chart is a good example to why I don't like biotech stocks. They usually, not always, but usually trend down.

Fundamentally:

- Market cap is $34 M. A biopharmaceutical company committed to developing medicines to address substantial unmet medical needs in major pharmaceutical markets. The Company's research and development efforts are focused on anti-angiogenesis and respiratory diseases.
- Balance sheet looks strong, with $34 M in Total equity, so the price to book value is about 1.
- Revenues are almost zero and the company has been losing between $4 M and $8 M every quarter.

Technically a gap will be closed when/if the stock touches $0.38. The news that opened that gap down on January 4, 2007, was:

• Genaera to terminate Evizon program, cut workforce by 30%
at MarketWatch (Wed, Jan 3)

Now they will pursuit a market opportunity at treating obesity with trodusquemine, but still looking for a phase I trial over the first half of 2007. I don't know how investors support these companies for so long (I guess they don't, that's why it keeps going down).

Anyway, trading just around book value now it seems GENR perhaps found at least a temporary bottom. But I would take profits on a further rally to the close the gap area of $0.38, as the company's future and hypothetical fundamentally positive developments will probably take years to unfold. In the meantime it will just burn cash.

Good luck :)

Michael

#44
Quote from: David Randolph on February 12, 2007, 12:49:21 PM
Quote from: la-onda on February 12, 2007, 10:25:52 AM
NTRZ on fire, your comments David please

La-onda, la-onda, you really like to tease me bringing up stocks that I don't understand >:D ... and you never answer when I ask you why you like these strange, strange stocks.

NTRZ.OB, for example. It is a $247 M market cap company with just $17 M in revenues over the last four quarters. If they made software, an internet based business or something like that, perhaps I could understand ... but rice?

I've been wrong on that stock (as it is breaking out to new highs), but I can't see the point of buying such an overvalued (at least in terms of revenue multiple) stock. Again, can you please explain to me why you like NTRZ.OB?

Thank you :)

David,

I don't think you have ever taken the time to look beyond the P/S ratio, which is really a shame.

NTRZ is a company that has an extremely valuable patented technology to convert a waste product into a highly priced food product.

They are not able to meet the demand despite running the factories at 24/7 and is having margins that would make most (if not all) companies in this industry very jealous.

I love to invest in companies which profit is not depending on demand but rather how fast they can expand the supply. Nutracea is one of those cases.

3SOF has a quite good thread on NTRZ. Take a little time off duiring the weekend and read it through. There is lot more to NTRZ than the P/S ratio.
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.