3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 02/13/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 13, 2007, 09:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancefur

it seems to have dropped 2% in the last 5-7 minutes.
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

David Randolph

#46
Quote from: echo on February 13, 2007, 12:18:47 PM
Hey David,

How bout DRMN. Have you covered this one? If you haven't, would you consider looking at it? Tia.

Keep up the good work.

Hi echo, no, never studied DRMN.OB. Unfortunately my Reuters Data Link service is not working well today and I don't have DRMN.OB in my Metastock database, but I see on www.stockcharts.com that the medium and long term trend is bullish, despite the very weak volume.

Lets take a brief look at the fundamentals:

- Market cap is $120 M. The Company Operates through its wholly-owned subsidiaries with business operations in franchising, manufacturing and distribution, and retail operations.
- Balance sheet is acceptable, with the current ratio at 3. Problem is inventories are rising over the latest four quarters
- Revenue trend is positive over the years, with $42 M revenues in fiscal 2006 (it ended in March 2006). I see the business is seasonal with calendar Q4 being the strongest.

It looks like they're trying to move to the AMEX and perhaps that's what is behind the stock's strength:

• Dreams Targets An American Stock Exchange Listing
PR Newswire (Tue, Jan 30)

I see the business as mildly interesting and the stock not particularly interesting because volume is too low. That doesn't mean you won't make a lot of money out of it. But at $120 M market cap for $42 M in revenues for the past fiscal year I would say it seems about fairly valued.

Good luck :)

nullzero

GST up over 7% with close to 1mill in volume.

Also ONSM which has been covered here before is doing well and looks like it has a chance to break out to new 52wk highs. ONSM currently up over 6.5% on high volume.

David Randolph

#48
Volume today is very low because of Bernanke's speech tomorrow. Every time the man speaks the market rallies, even though the media always says people are afraid of what he might say.

A particular speech and attitude by Bernanke, about four years ago, obviously when he was not the FED Chairman yet, was what saved the stock market and the US economy from a Japanese style deflation scare, so I'm pretty confident in his ability to run monetary policy.

That article was, let me see if I can still find it ... here it is, I will never forget it:

Remarks by Governor Ben S. Bernanke
Before the National Economists Club, Washington, D.C.
November 21, 2002

Deflation: Making Sure "It" Doesn't Happen Here

My kids are arriving home with mom now, I'm not in the mood to cover more stocks today but I'll let the board open if anyone wants to post comments or analysis.

See ya later :)

WallStreetnBio

Quote from: nullzero on February 13, 2007, 01:32:49 PM
GST up over 7% with close to 1mill in volume.

Also ONSM which has been covered here before is doing well and looks like it has a chance to break out to new 52wk highs. ONSM currently up over 6.5% on high volume.

Dave you have to boost my rating for that one  :P All you do is make fun of me lol
#1  CDS
#2  XING

David Randolph

QuoteDave you have to boost my rating for that one :P All you do is make fun of me lol

Ok, let me give you a candy, a 3 point boost to your rating :)

What do you want me to do, you're the ProdigyKid around here (the only missing part are some big round glasses on your photo), so I need to make fun of you ;D

rickjust

hi ,
pmed , looking good today,
got in at .021 today. bounced off the 10day, might be a ateps play,
has volume and momentum.
glta,
maxi

tokyopua

Applaud nica33, OSTE makin me some money  ;D
Chance favors the prepared mind

lancefur

Quote from: tokyopua on February 13, 2007, 02:07:20 PM
Applaud nica33, OSTE makin me some money  ;D

:'(

I have had puter issues with connecting to my trading account and couldn't buy this one or ONXX. I ain't makin me any money..... :'(

Any other good ones nice33 now that my trading account doesn't seem to be having any issues.
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

TraderStar


WallStreetnBio

Quote from: lancefur on February 13, 2007, 02:10:20 PM
Quote from: tokyopua on February 13, 2007, 02:07:20 PM
Applaud nica33, OSTE makin me some money  ;D

:'(

I have had puter issues with connecting to my trading account and couldn't buy this one or ONXX. I ain't makin me any money..... :'(

Any other good ones nice33 now that my trading account doesn't seem to be having any issues.

good thing you didn't buy ONXX its down .75 already...what do you guys think of shorting ONXX after earnings come out on thursday? I still think it will be in bull mode until then.
#1  CDS
#2  XING

nica33

Keep it simple !!

lancefur

Quote from: nica33 on February 13, 2007, 03:56:35 PM
FALC !  it's moving !!
Hopefully it will again so tomorrow.   :)

I have some in cash I would like to invest.

Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

David Randolph

The 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio was down 2.21% today, to $24,414, still up 62% since inception in January 19th, 2007.

Tomorrow is another day, thanks for your participation :)