3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 02/14/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 14, 2007, 09:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpusan

DSEN

David, could you take a look. Low volume trading stock but volume is up in comparison to average volume. 38% rise today

lancefur

Quote from: tokyopua on February 14, 2007, 02:42:58 PM
Quote from: tokyopua on February 14, 2007, 12:17:49 PM
FALC broke an ascending triangle to the upside just now, looking good....

Outta FALC now, triangle target basically made at 11.  HOpe some others got in on that quick extra 5%.  Gotta applaud nica33 again, keep those hot picks coming!  And tell us how you find them too!  Are you doing intraday scans, or just reading news.  Enquiring minds want to know! ;D

Got in at 10.24 and out at 10.86. Awesome and yes, where do you find these great picks nica33? I would like to subscribe to your filtering or scanning sytem.
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

David Randolph

Quote from: TraderStar on February 14, 2007, 12:16:55 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion for a stock under $3 for my daughter's IRA .. I prefer ones that can be held 6 mos to a year or more & of course with great fundies and growth potential  :)  Would ETLT be a good candidate or is it more for a shorter term trade?  Thanks

If ETLT.OB's numbers are close to the truth, I think the stock might double from current levels, but that is somewhat risky.

My best bet would still go to CPNE.OB. That one I see tripling in 6 months and I don't have many doubts about that. I would grab it now, as it is still below $3.

Good luck :)

kslifka

PRW...I don't know what's up with it...but it's pissing me off since I never bought it.  Have been watching it go up since .40 a few days ago. >:D

marlene

.......hey, what do you think about plro, maybe in a few days is an intersting point to get in...............

2bun

Bought SYNX in the 1.60's and 70's and had a little pop today,can you have a look David?

nica33

Quote from: tokyopua on February 14, 2007, 02:42:58 PM
Quote from: tokyopua on February 14, 2007, 12:17:49 PM
FALC broke an ascending triangle to the upside just now, looking good....

Outta FALC now, triangle target basically made at 11.  HOpe some others got in on that quick extra 5%.  Gotta applaud nica33 again, keep those hot picks coming!  And tell us how you find them too!  Are you doing intraday scans, or just reading news.  Enquiring minds want to know! ;D

I run intraday scans.  The best trade for me is open near the previous close (minimal gap) and a sustainable trend with very good volume.  Like CSX today.  I didn't mention this one here because is a big cap.  I like too check the news some minutes before market closes sometimes I can catch good movements (like FALC)  ;)
Keep it simple !!

lancefur

Quote from: nica33 on February 14, 2007, 03:08:07 PM
Quote from: tokyopua on February 14, 2007, 02:42:58 PM
Quote from: tokyopua on February 14, 2007, 12:17:49 PM
FALC broke an ascending triangle to the upside just now, looking good....

Outta FALC now, triangle target basically made at 11.  HOpe some others got in on that quick extra 5%.  Gotta applaud nica33 again, keep those hot picks coming!  And tell us how you find them too!  Are you doing intraday scans, or just reading news.  Enquiring minds want to know! ;D

Any specific software or methods?

I run intraday scans.  The best trade for me is open near the previous close (minimal gap) and a sustainable trend with very good volume.  Like CSX today.  I didn't mention this one here because is a big cap.  I like too check the news some minutes before market closes sometimes I can catch good movements (like FALC)  ;)
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

lancefur

David, if I remember correctly, you don't like aleternative energy stocks or solar stocks but they are on fire today...dsti, stp, eslr and especially fslr up 28% when I posted this.
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

marlene

.......... david,still something, I think it a mistake is to be held cpne even longer.............the chart doesn't look exactly well the past days, maybe after the 10k is a better time to get in........................

waverider

David if you could take a look at RFIVF please! Thanks

David Randolph

I guess I need to face the fact that CPNE.OB doubled over the last month and a half so it will need some time to digest that kind of a run. After the current consolidation period is over I see it running a lot higher, because at the minimum I estimate $0.4 EPS for 2007, and that should put the share price somewhere between $8 and $12.

David Randolph

Quote from: waverider on February 14, 2007, 03:18:54 PM
David if you could take a look at RFIVF please! Thanks

I don't have this stock's chart, but I checked the fundamentals, and it is a mining company without operations. I avoid this type of stock, as you can see on the 3 SOF Portfolio FAQ under Q&A 15.

Good luck :)

TraderStar

Quote from: David Randolph on February 14, 2007, 02:58:27 PM
Quote from: TraderStar on February 14, 2007, 12:16:55 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion for a stock under $3 for my daughter's IRA .. I prefer ones that can be held 6 mos to a year or more & of course with great fundies and growth potential  :)  Would ETLT be a good candidate or is it more for a shorter term trade?  Thanks

If ETLT.OB's numbers are close to the truth, I think the stock might double from current levels, but that is somewhat risky.

My best bet would still go to CPNE.OB. That one I see tripling in 6 months and I don't have many doubts about that. I would grab it now, as it is still below $3.

Good luck :)

Thanks David, I got her some CPNE.  I too think it needs a little rest, that would be healthy but it definitely looks higher from here :)

tokyopua

Quote from: nica33 on February 14, 2007, 03:08:07 PM
Quote from: tokyopua on February 14, 2007, 02:42:58 PM
Quote from: tokyopua on February 14, 2007, 12:17:49 PM
FALC broke an ascending triangle to the upside just now, looking good....

Outta FALC now, triangle target basically made at 11.  HOpe some others got in on that quick extra 5%.  Gotta applaud nica33 again, keep those hot picks coming!  And tell us how you find them too!  Are you doing intraday scans, or just reading news.  Enquiring minds want to know! ;D

I run intraday scans.  The best trade for me is open near the previous close (minimal gap) and a sustainable trend with very good volume.  Like CSX today.  I didn't mention this one here because is a big cap.  I like too check the news some minutes before market closes sometimes I can catch good movements (like FALC)  ;)

Thanks for the reply nica33.  What software or site are you using for your scans? And if you know, how often do they update the data?

I have just started using stockcharts.com.  Seems they refresh data anywhere between 7 and 15 minutes it seems to me.  I also like to find stocks with good news that seem to have an upward trend that is steady.  FALC was a great example, and the volume confirmed that it could keep going up.  Its also nice when you can see patterns forming on the 3 or 5 minute charts.
Chance favors the prepared mind