3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 02/16/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 16, 2007, 09:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Sorry for the late opening, I'm sick and will be in bed all day, but you can post and talk about stocks on fire if you like.

Have a nice day :)

(by the way, I'll keep holding CPNE.OB, ETLT.OB and PFSW in the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio)

dcrlin

David,

Hope you feel better soon!

Have a good rest today, weekend and Monday.   Monday is President's Day, market will be closed.

dcrlin

TraderStar

Vitamin C and chamomile tea  :)
Good thing you have a 3 day weekend .. get lots of rest (I had a cold 2 weeks ago, the first in several years, lots of nasty stuff going around this year)

BTW where do you live?  In the beginning I thought Eastern Europe, then switched to Spain but then from something you said the other day ... maybe Portugal?  Native language?

nullzero

CPNE showing some strength again :).

tireslinger

Hey David. I hope you get well soon. Still holding CPNE.OB and buying more on dips. What a stock!!! Get plenty of rest this weekend.

lancefur

I thought the market just observed President's Day. I am off anyway so guess I have much reading come Monday.

By the way, XDSL looking good today. Anyone try nica33's screening technique and using it for any cool trends this morning for buying?
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

tokyopua

David, hope you feel better soon!  Just got around to applauding you for your top 5 criteria yesterday, that is exactly what I was hoping for and more  :D



Looks like nica33's pick from yesterday, SPAR, may have some octane left in the tank, fighting slightly above and around recent resistance of 23.16 right now but if it can break that it should get to the next resistance at its all time high at 24.85.  Would love to see it break out to blue sky, at 23.23 currently  ;D
Chance favors the prepared mind

nullzero

#7
TERN.pk moving on high volume (Israeli communication stock)

Up over 17%

TraderStar

Quote from: lancefur on February 16, 2007, 10:08:38 AM

By the way, XDSL looking good today. Anyone try nica33's screening technique and using it for any cool trends this morning for buying?

Yes I mentioned XDSL yesterday (twice in fact) .. I am in since .18 as sharpeyed picked up on it, they often spot these movers in advance but they pay absolutely no attention to fundamentals.  So I have no idea if this is worth anything or just another pump and dump situation  ;)

nica33

David, get plenty of rest. Hope feel better soon.   ;)
Keep it simple !!

zibeaster

heard from someone, don't know if it is reliable. CPNE was going to sell 20m shares 2 weeks ago at $2.35 a share. but it was oversubscribered and the seller was going to raise the price.

don't know what is this means. but may generate a buying opp if it dips on the news.

nullzero

Quote from: zibeaster on February 16, 2007, 10:17:37 AM
heard from someone, don't know if it is reliable. CPNE was going to sell 20m shares 2 weeks ago at $2.35 a share. but it was oversubscribered and the seller was going to raise the price.

don't know what is this means. but may generate a buying opp if it dips on the news.

Hehe the rumors are flying around on CPNE because its been on fire the last few weeks. I think we are going to hear a lot of fabricated stories and rumors etc. over the next couple weeks for CPNE. Short bashers, longs that want to buy lower, and big money that want to load for cheap all want the PPS to lower.

lancefur

Quote from: TraderStar on February 16, 2007, 10:13:43 AM
Quote from: lancefur on February 16, 2007, 10:08:38 AM

By the way, XDSL looking good today. Anyone try nica33's screening technique and using it for any cool trends this morning for buying?

Yes I mentioned XDSL yesterday (twice in fact) .. I am in since .18 as sharpeyed picked up on it, they often spot these movers in advance but they pay absolutely no attention to fundamentals.  So I have no idea if this is worth anything or just another pump and dump situation  ;)

That's why I didn't buy the stock, I am fearful of these .ob pump and dumps. I wish you luck my friend and wish I would have gotten in when you mentioned it. Maybe I will get on the next train as it comes by.
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

nullzero

MCZ is on fire! Up over 9% and still moving. I bought $3.2k worth of shares on my fidelity account this morning @ .74 wish I bought more  :-\. BTW fidelity's comm is outrageous cost $60 dollars to buy MCZ.

ravenquork

XDSL has been very heavily promoted.  I think it was "greentech" or something similar. Fundimentals look lousy. There may be money to be made, but it looks like a pump and dump to me.