3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 02/16/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 16, 2007, 09:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallStreetnBio

Quote from: nullzero on February 16, 2007, 10:22:09 AM
Quote from: zibeaster on February 16, 2007, 10:17:37 AM
heard from someone, don't know if it is reliable. CPNE was going to sell 20m shares 2 weeks ago at $2.35 a share. but it was oversubscribered and the seller was going to raise the price.

don't know what is this means. but may generate a buying opp if it dips on the news.

Hehe the rumors are flying around on CPNE because its been on fire the last few weeks. I think we are going to hear a lot of fabricated stories and rumors etc. over the next couple weeks for CPNE. Short bashers, longs that want to buy lower, and big money that want to load for cheap all want the PPS to lower.

Why would CPNE sell shares after they just announced a share buy back? That just doesn't make sense...All I know is there going to be releasing amazing earnings at a conference full of investors. If anyone sells between now and earnings next week there an idiot.
#1  CDS
#2  XING

TraderStar

Quote from: nullzero on February 16, 2007, 10:32:16 AM
MCZ is on fire! Up over 9% and still moving. I bought $3.2k worth of shares on my fidelity account this morning @ .74 wish I bought more  :-\. BTW fidelity's comm is outrageous cost $60 dollars to buy MCZ.

Why don't you go with Interactive Brokers or MB Trading .. or Trade Station?  They are all $1 per 100 shares, less over 500 shares.  All have great executions, IB is the most versatile (can trade anything there), TradeStation has an awesome charting package that is free if you trade over 50 trades a month (I think).  I can't imagine why anyone would pay those high commissions with places like Fidelity, Ameritrade, etc .. what do they give you .. free Hawaian vacations each year??  ;D ;D

TraderStar

Quote from: ravenquork on February 16, 2007, 10:37:55 AM
XDSL has been very heavily promoted.  I think it was "greentech" or something similar. Fundimentals look lousy. There may be money to be made, but it looks like a pump and dump to me.

There was a lot of hype about it awhile back ... but yesterday here is what sharpeyed had to say:

"XDSL signed a deal with American Express to evaluate power solutions for their new credit cards. XDSL hasn't been able to issue a press release about this yet because these developments are top secret. American Express doesn't want Visa and Mastercard to find out about what they are doing. But because this is a material event for XDSL shareholders, XDSL was obligated to file an 8-K on December 29th disclosing this major development.

The U.S. Army is working to develop new types of smart munitions that can be targeted exactly to their target. Unfortunately, they need a power source for these smart munitions and have encountered many of the same problems as American Express. This led to the U.S. Army signing a huge deal with XDSL that was announced last week."

According to ClearStation, their fundies have been bad but then I still do not understand how to interpret all the fundamental stuff so not sure if there is any material improvement .. or just 'news'.

nullzero

Quote from: TraderStar on February 16, 2007, 10:45:01 AM
Quote from: nullzero on February 16, 2007, 10:32:16 AM
MCZ is on fire! Up over 9% and still moving. I bought $3.2k worth of shares on my fidelity account this morning @ .74 wish I bought more  :-\. BTW fidelity's comm is outrageous cost $60 dollars to buy MCZ.

Why don't you go with Interactive Brokers or MB Trading .. or Trade Station?  They are all $1 per 100 shares, less over 500 shares.  All have great executions, IB is the most versatile (can trade anything there), TradeStation has an awesome charting package that is free if you trade over 50 trades a month (I think).  I can't imagine why anyone would pay those high commissions with places like Fidelity, Ameritrade, etc .. what do they give you .. free Hawaian vacations each year??  ;D ;D

I use scottrade as my primary... But have a fidelity for long term investments because its easy to get reinvestment plans setup etc. Its easier to transfer funds online in and out of the account and setup automatic investment plans. The COMM. is ok for stocks over 5.00 ($10.95 a trade) however for penny stocks they charge an arm and a leg.

My funds in my scottrade account are occupied in positions. I had $3.2k sitting in MPW today I cashed out with a nice gain after news came out that they diluted shares. So I figured I stick the cash in MCZ because I like the fundamental potential with this new round of consoles and the chart was screaming a buy this morning at .73-.74 hehe. Buying it in my Fidelity account will insure I have strong hands because I dont log in every day to actively trade.

ravenquork

Quote from: TraderStar on February 16, 2007, 10:45:01 AM
Quote from: nullzero on February 16, 2007, 10:32:16 AM
MCZ is on fire! Up over 9% and still moving. I bought $3.2k worth of shares on my fidelity account this morning @ .74 wish I bought more  :-\. BTW fidelity's comm is outrageous cost $60 dollars to buy MCZ.

Why don't you go with Interactive Brokers or MB Trading .. or Trade Station?  They are all $1 per 100 shares, less over 500 shares.  All have great executions, IB is the most versatile (can trade anything there), TradeStation has an awesome charting package that is free if you trade over 50 trades a month (I think).  I can't imagine why anyone would pay those high commissions with places like Fidelity, Ameritrade, etc .. what do they give you .. free Hawaian vacations each year??  ;D ;D
If you are looking for a full service discount broker, Scwab uses cybertraders platform, good charting, fairly simple scans with live quotes, various ticker configurations, one click mid level analysis and charges 9.95 per trade, upto a cap of a couple of thousand shares.

kslifka

Quote from: nullzero on February 16, 2007, 10:50:58 AM
Quote from: TraderStar on February 16, 2007, 10:45:01 AM
Quote from: nullzero on February 16, 2007, 10:32:16 AM
MCZ is on fire! Up over 9% and still moving. I bought $3.2k worth of shares on my fidelity account this morning @ .74 wish I bought more  :-\. BTW fidelity's comm is outrageous cost $60 dollars to buy MCZ.

Why don't you go with Interactive Brokers or MB Trading .. or Trade Station?  They are all $1 per 100 shares, less over 500 shares.  All have great executions, IB is the most versatile (can trade anything there), TradeStation has an awesome charting package that is free if you trade over 50 trades a month (I think).  I can't imagine why anyone would pay those high commissions with places like Fidelity, Ameritrade, etc .. what do they give you .. free Hawaian vacations each year??  ;D ;D

I use scottrade as my primary... But have a fidelity for long term investments because its easy to get reinvestment plans setup etc. Its easier to transfer funds online in and out of the account and setup automatic investment plans. The COMM. is ok for stocks over 5.00 ($10.95 a trade) however for penny stocks they charge an arm and a leg. My funds in my scottrade account are occupied in positions. I had $3.2k sitting in MPW today I cashed out with a nice gain after news came out that they diluted shares. So I figured I stick the cash in MCZ because I like the fundamental potential with this new round of consoles and the chart was screaming a buy this morning at .73-.74 hehe.

I bought some MCZ today too...I think it could end up with a nice white candle today...along as the "Slow-Friday before a Holiday" factor doesn't hit the stock.

nullzero

Quote from: ravenquork on February 16, 2007, 10:51:48 AM
Quote from: TraderStar on February 16, 2007, 10:45:01 AM
Quote from: nullzero on February 16, 2007, 10:32:16 AM
MCZ is on fire! Up over 9% and still moving. I bought $3.2k worth of shares on my fidelity account this morning @ .74 wish I bought more  :-\. BTW fidelity's comm is outrageous cost $60 dollars to buy MCZ.

Why don't you go with Interactive Brokers or MB Trading .. or Trade Station?  They are all $1 per 100 shares, less over 500 shares.  All have great executions, IB is the most versatile (can trade anything there), TradeStation has an awesome charting package that is free if you trade over 50 trades a month (I think).  I can't imagine why anyone would pay those high commissions with places like Fidelity, Ameritrade, etc .. what do they give you .. free Hawaian vacations each year??  ;D ;D
If you are looking for a full service discount broker, Scwab uses cybertraders platform, good charting, fairly simple scans with live quotes, various ticker configurations, one click mid level analysis and charges 9.95 per trade, upto a cap of a couple of thousand shares.

Scottrade with Scottrade Elite works great. I enjoy my scottrade no problems here $7 a trade nice software with Elite as well. I got a decent version of Trade Ideas (intra day scanning) and some nice charts etc.

BigSully1

What do you guys think of HURC, makes computer contolled machinery. Sales big in Europe, Asia , India. Just blew away estimates. Stock still looks very cheap even after a big breakaway gap.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070216/20070216005232.html?.v=1

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=HURC&p=DAILY&b=5&g=0&id=p

nica33

Keep it simple !!

nullzero

HURC looks good took a quick glance at the fundmentals they looked all good to me.

zibeaster

Quote from: prodigykid6 on February 16, 2007, 10:40:18 AM
Quote from: nullzero on February 16, 2007, 10:22:09 AM
Quote from: zibeaster on February 16, 2007, 10:17:37 AM
heard from someone, don't know if it is reliable. CPNE was going to sell 20m shares 2 weeks ago at $2.35 a share. but it was oversubscribered and the seller was going to raise the price.

don't know what is this means. but may generate a buying opp if it dips on the news.

Hehe the rumors are flying around on CPNE because its been on fire the last few weeks. I think we are going to hear a lot of fabricated stories and rumors etc. over the next couple weeks for CPNE. Short bashers, longs that want to buy lower, and big money that want to load for cheap all want the PPS to lower.

Why would CPNE sell shares after they just announced a share buy back? That just doesn't make sense...All I know is there going to be releasing amazing earnings at a conference full of investors. If anyone sells between now and earnings next week there an idiot.

If it is ever true, it will likely happend after their earnings guidance (which should provide a pop to the price). besides, in the long run CPNE is bullish anyway. so I am not concerned.

kslifka

OFI...may be ready to break out.

nullzero

I have a feeling the earnings and foward guidance for CPNE are going to be above and beyond what anyone expected. You dont announce bad Q4 earnings and 2007 guidance at a Roth Capital Partners at the Ritz in Dana Point. Its going to be good earnings and foward guidance... otherwise I doubt that the company would of planned to present earnings and guidance at a nice upscale event infront of a bunch of investment bankers  ;D.

KCScott

LEAT.pk -

Horribly overvalued but on fire and pulling back a bit today

For you racing fans, they've designed a new neck guard / brace to prevent cervical injuries in motorcycle, boat and suto racing. Might be a play on a pullback to the 20/50 DMA

Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

rudynostalgia

What's holding me back from jumping into CPNE is stuff like this:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!&q5=Onlinesupp

Seems that some or all of their 91,000+ jump in Loyalty Group memberships were picked up via a  bait and switch credit card transaction. That's an awful lot of gripes for something that isn't intentional. If these folks start contacting their credit card issuers and complaining, there's going to be a slew of chargebacks, which can wipe out any earnings.