3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 02/16/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 16, 2007, 09:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokyopua

Quote from: rudynostalgia on February 16, 2007, 12:45:05 PM
The reason people are upset and complaining to gripe sites is because they agree to pay $1.95 for an eBay success kit and are then charged $49.50 for membership in a low level discount buyer's outfit. No, it's not a pyramid sceme, it's a charge card fake out. Seems this company is very adept at producing a killer chart and thus seducing all the elves and gnomes.

Who are you calling an Elf?  Oh wait, maybe you meant Melf Elf.

=Tokyopua leaves to help the hobbits find more interesting stocks=
Chance favors the prepared mind

tokyopua

Forget who recommended HURC, but its looking ready to bust out of an ascending triangle.
Chance favors the prepared mind

akclide

3 stocks to keep an eye on.
SPBU
ASTM
IMOT

Quasi

Quote from: nica33 on February 16, 2007, 12:54:26 PM
Everybody knows that if you get a free  trial with your credit card information on it, if you don't cancel before finish the free trial, you'll be billed.  That's the way most free trials work. 

Yes standard format, and I think most of us know that getting out of that free trial usually requires a bit of effort and you're on a spam list forever.

On another point thanks Nica, re the New MSN money site mentioned yesterday.

Haven't been there in years, never was any good, but now seems to be much improved.

Tried under Firefox, no luck with the advanced search.  Funny how Bill G, Mr. Softy still has this thing that it's his way or no way.  So had to log in with IE and MSN passport ID, then got all the stuff, and yes much improved from the old days, thanks.

Anyway great board, lots of stuff to read last night what a day, 8-9 pages of posts, I think the most active day yet.

And thanks again David for the insights on your quick fundamental analysis system.  I never was any good at understanding the complicated financial reports, but you have shown us at least a few key indicators for a quick fundamental evaluation.  Hope you get better over the weekend.

Quasi
JMHO subject to change without notice,
Happy Investing / Trading

Quasi

tokyopua

Quote from: TraderStar on February 16, 2007, 12:30:37 PM
great info raven .. looks like I will be trading this one purely technically.

Can anyone recommend a good book (for beginners) on understanding fundamentals?

David routinely recommends "Mastering Fundamental Analysis".  I just got it in the mail and have only read a few pages, but seems good so far  ;)
Chance favors the prepared mind

nica33

LNDC low volume but bullish chart   ;)
Keep it simple !!

rudynostalgia

#51
Let's not get clever with #s here. Those 66 complainers are just the ones who decided to post on the gripe site. I would think that means there are thousands of others who just picked up the phone and called their credit card issuers. And remember, these people were buying one product and were sold a completly different one. That's quite different from not opting out of a monthly charge. If I go into a store and buy a pair of shoes, I certainly don't expect my credit card to be used for a lifetime subscription to Foot Festish Monthly.  And it doesn't seem to bother anyone who has replied so far that something unethical is going on....as long as the profits roll in.  If I wanted to make a living that way, I wouldn't bother with the market....I'd just get a gun and hold up shoe stores. Seems about as moral a way to earn a crust.

2bun

Chart breakout on DDDC last couple days

tokyopua

Quote from: rudynostalgia on February 16, 2007, 01:14:06 PM
Let's not get clever with #s here. Those 66 complainers are just the ones who decided to post on the gripe site. I would think that means there are thousands of others who just picked up the phone and called their credit card issuers. And remember, these people were buying one product and were sold a completly different one. That's quite different from not opting out of a monthly charge. If I go into a store and buy a pair of shoes, I certainly don't expect my credit card to be used for a lifetime subscription to Foot Festish Monthly.  And it doesn't seem to bother anyone who has replied so far that something unethical is going on....as long as the profits roll in.  If I wanted to make a living that way, I wouldn't bother with the market....I'd just get a gun and hold up shoe stores. Seems about as moral a way to earn a crust.

Trying to push morality on stocktraders is not easy, people invest in defense companies, tobacco companies, etc.  And if there were 100 complaints for every one on that website, it would still only be .7% so I am not feeling too bad about investing in this stock, though I personally wont invest in MO for example.

Anyway, I got your point, do you have any good stocks to recommend in the meantime that you feel arent ripping people off?

HURC breaking out of the ascending triangle on the 5 minute chart like I mentioned a few posts down, and though I havent checked fundamentals, DITC, OLGC, BSQR, and SPBU came up in my scan...
Chance favors the prepared mind

BigSully1

Quote from: tokyopua on February 16, 2007, 01:01:16 PM
Forget who recommended HURC, but its looking ready to bust out of an ascending triangle.

That was me. One thing to keep in mind, is that the machinery sector is deemed to be cyclical, therefore the seemingly super cheap valuation, however HURC has a strong foothold in Europe, China, and now even India, even though N. American sales have been declining. HURC has a new factory in China and it appears there is a growing demand there as they to replace old mechanical metalworking machinery with easy to use, program and cost efficient computer driven machinery. Maybe the market will begin to perceive HURC as a growth stock now. I hope so.

The fundamentals and cash flow on HURC look to be nothing short of spectacular. IMO.

BadOscar

Does the chart for CKP look like a bullish?

nica33

Quote from: tokyopua on February 16, 2007, 01:08:24 PM
Quote from: TraderStar on February 16, 2007, 12:30:37 PM
great info raven .. looks like I will be trading this one purely technically.

Can anyone recommend a good book (for beginners) on understanding fundamentals?

David routinely recommends "Mastering Fundamental Analysis".  I just got it in the mail and have only read a few pages, but seems good so far  ;)

Coincidence! I'm reading Getting started in fundamental analysis.  Michael C. Thomsett.  Same autor
Keep it simple !!

WallStreetnBio

Options Question....when call options expire in the money then does the holder turn around and sell them on the open market the next day? im trying to figure out if a stock will go down because of heavy call buying...thanks guys
#1  CDS
#2  XING

nullzero

Quote from: rudynostalgia on February 16, 2007, 01:14:06 PM
Let's not get clever with #s here. Those 66 complainers are just the ones who decided to post on the gripe site. I would think that means there are thousands of others who just picked up the phone and called their credit card issuers. And remember, these people were buying one product and were sold a completly different one. That's quite different from not opting out of a monthly charge. If I go into a store and buy a pair of shoes, I certainly don't expect my credit card to be used for a lifetime subscription to Foot Festish Monthly.  And it doesn't seem to bother anyone who has replied so far that something unethical is going on....as long as the profits roll in.  If I wanted to make a living that way, I wouldn't bother with the market....I'd just get a gun and hold up shoe stores. Seems about as moral a way to earn a crust.

This is the age of the internet, it requires internet to use the product and tools. No way there would be thousands of others that didnt complain about the company. Its a fact people are more likely to complain when they are ripped off then when they are content with a product. Trust me if it was thousands of people ripped off and pissed you would see that reflected by a much higher amount with the complaints posted.

When I type ripped off the site pops up as number 1 on google. When I type business bureau its number 6. Not to mention the BBB site list 322 complaints total... I would expect if 91,000 people got ripped off to see BBB complaints over 3k. This is mostly a none issue unless the fundamental situation is changed and they report that they lost new users then gained or sales went down etc.

TraderStar

Quote from: nica33 on February 16, 2007, 01:41:42 PM
Quote from: tokyopua on February 16, 2007, 01:08:24 PM
Quote from: TraderStar on February 16, 2007, 12:30:37 PM
great info raven .. looks like I will be trading this one purely technically.

Can anyone recommend a good book (for beginners) on understanding fundamentals?

David routinely recommends "Mastering Fundamental Analysis".  I just got it in the mail and have only read a few pages, but seems good so far  ;)

Coincidence! I'm reading Getting started in fundamental analysis.  Michael C. Thomsett.  Same autor

I checked on Amazon and Mastering Fundamental Analysis has some scathing reviews, although the good reviews seem to understand better what the author was trying to do .. explain in simple terms fundamental analysis to those who do not understand it .. which is what I am looking for.  I will now check reviews on the 2nd book ... however will be interested to hear what nica and tokyo think of their respective books .. as our purpose here is to understand the fundies the way David does (though not as expert of course!).  Just a basic understanding so I can follow what he is saying better, that is what I want.

Tokyo .. are you in (or from) Tokyo ... konnichi-wa??